PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

CB Aqib Talib re-signs (with Patriots) for One Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
After they trade Kafka and a 2014 3rd for Revis, our defensive backfield will be unstoppable!

Apparently they offered him a 5 year deal. They must love this guy. I think if he stays healthy he might get a huge deal from us next offseason.

They still need one more CB for better depth. I can't bear another season ending because guys like Marquice Cole are playing major snaps in the biggest game of the year.

Reports that I am hearing/reading are that Talib also had three other offers, but chose the Pats.

Also the Pats reportedly offered him a multi-year deal, in addition to the one-year deal.

Talib chose the one-year offer with the Pats due to the depressed market for cornerbacks in this year's free agency; the idea being that he'll be able to get a much better multi-year offer next year.

For his sake I hope he doesn't have Welker's agent :eek:

Love this offseason!!!!! Get Sanders now. Amendola, Jones, and Sanders better than Welker!

If Sanders signs, is Lloyd, gone? Or, do you restructure Lloyd, and keep him, in case a WR goes done?

Apparently they offered him a 5 year deal. They must love this guy. I think if he stays healthy he might get a huge deal from us next offseason.
Not surprising. Belichick recognizes that he was in fact the main reason their pass defense improved last year. He doesn't want to back to playing musical CBs when he knows Talib gets the job done (when he's on the field).

They still need one more CB for better depth. I can't bear another season ending because guys like Marquice Cole are playing major snaps in the biggest game of the year.

I think it should be Winfield or the honey badger in the 3rd round.

Per year? Talib is definitely >1m/year better than Arrington.

Still think you need another durable CB, as, if Talib gets hurt, Arrington becomes the RCB. That would be very bad...

One year deal means Talib has to be a good boy if he wants to see his 2014 pay day. I believe his next suspension would be for one year, so this deal is probably reflective of the risk attached to him.

How about we go pry Nnamdi from the 49ers :cool:

This couldn't have worked out better for the Pats. 1 year for half what the franchise was.

The minute he got hurt, Baltimore started moving the ball. I think that is all you need to know about how much they needed him back. He signed for one year hoping to hit it big next year. This was the one guy thety absolutely HAD to bring back.

Reports that I am hearing/reading are that Talib also had three other offers, but chose the Pats.

Also the Pats reportedly offered him a multi-year deal, in addition to the one-year deal.

Talib chose the one-year offer with the Pats due to the depressed market for cornerbacks in this year's free agency; the idea being that he'll be able to get a much better multi-year offer next year.

Playing for the Pats is a good place to show case your talent. Teams have over paid for players who played well here on 1 year deals. This is a win-win for both parties.

I think it should be Winfield or the honey badger in the 3rd round.

IMO they need a vet now *and* a draft pick. I'd think being an Econ guy BB would be very eager to take advantage of this DB buyers market and cash in on some assets at record low values.

I like this deal a lot. I am not completely sold on Talib YET. I might be in the minority, but I didn't think that it was a good idea to sign him to a long term deal.

Great Move! Win win for both the player and the team

Now after all the signings the last couple of days how much cap room do we have left?

That would be so awesome!

Nnamdi or Woodson for 1yr (insurance if any DBs goe down). Since it's a depressed market, in terms of salary, might be able to sign one for another 5-6m/yr. They may do a 1yr like Talib, and wait till next year...

Then, when we have sub-packages (6 DBs on the field), we should be ok..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents