PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Casserly Continues To Drink Loco Weed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brady'sButtBoy

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
What faith coould Bob McNair have in this schmo? His team stinks, and after 4 years there is very little light end at the end of the tunnel.

Now, Charlie is on NFL Network and elsewhere, squaking about Mario Williams as being just as worthy as Bush for number one overall and even stated that Williams would be the consenus number one choice if not for Bush. He could be trying to fool someone eyeing Williams into trading up but that seems a little too shrewd to Casserly. Casserly said Bush is good for 15 plays a game. Well, that was how they used him in college but that doesn't guarantee he can't handle more in the pro's - especially if he lined up at WR more often. Where does this idea come from that Bush is fragile?

Whatever, my real point here is that Casserly is plumb out of his mind if he really thinks anyone else thinks Williams is worthy of number one overall. That's not surprising from looking at the poor quality of his average player. McNair is surely wringing his hands over this developement as the Jordon/Sam Bowie comparison is justifiably brought up. Bush will likely be in the HOF, Williams will likely overeat and end up wasting away in Oakland like Warren Sapp.

This is all flavored by the rumor that Casserly will be axed after the draft. My goodness, why would you let him make the call on Bush if you know he's not good enough to be kept around?????

Last edited:
The Texans have commenced contract negotiations with several players. Their public flirtations with Williams and Young could be aimed at Bush & his agent, trying to nudge them toward a quick and "reasonable" contract. Not likely to work, but it's been tried before and it'll be tried again.

Brady'sButtBoy said:
What faith coould Bob McNair have in this schmo? His team stinks, and after 4 years there is very little light end at the end of the tunnel.

Now, Charlie is on NFL Network and elsewhere, squaking about Mario Williams as being just as worthy as Bush for number one overall and even stated that Williams would be the consenus number one choice if not for Bush. He could be trying to fool someone eyeing Williams into trading up but that seems a little too shrewd to Casserly. Casserly said Bush is good for 15 plays a game. Well, that was how they used him in college but that doesn't guarantee he can't handle more in the pro's - especially if he lined up at WR more often. Where does this idea come from that Bush is fragile?

Whatever, my real point here is that Casserly is plumb out of his mind if he really thinks anyone else thinks Williams is worthy of number one overall. That's not surprising from looking at the poor quality of his average player. McNair is surely wringing his hands over this developement as the Jordon/Sam Bowie comparison is justifiably brought up. Bush will likely be in the HOF, Williams will likely overeat and end up wasting away in Oakland like Warren Sapp.

This is all flavored by the rumor that Casserly will be axed after the draft. My goodness, why would you let him make the call on Bush if you know he's not good enough to be kept around?????

What makes bush such a likely lock for the HOF? i want to see what he does against NFL type defenses before i make that statement, remember he was running against mostly Pac 10 teams, not exactly known for their defense.

Mario Williams could be the next coming of Reggie White for all we know. and True Warren Sapp is wasting away right now in Oakland but what about those years from 1994-2003...he was pretty good during that time and if he was picked #1 in whatever year he was drafted, people would have considered that pick a success.

Don't fall for it. The Texans are blowing smoke up everyone's ***es in order to either entice another team into overpaying for #1 overall or to bring down Bush's asking price. With all these Gale Sayers comparisons and the Heisman hype, Bush is likely to look for a record deal for a #1 overall. They've got 10 days to talk him down. The more sincere they seem about Williams, the more leverage they have.

Take it from a Desert Rat

You smoke loco weed you don't drink it. Or if you're a cow you eat it. And didn't Casserly have a pretty good track record as GM with Washington? San Diego? before he got this job?

Last edited:
If Houston can't trade out of the spot, I think they'd be extremely smart to draft Williams, unless they feel they can trade Bush after the fact.

I didn't say Bush was a "lock" for the HOF, I said he was "likely" headed there.

To me, Williams has Courtney Brown bust written all over him.

Every year players get over hyped for the top of the draft and along comes one who is finally worthy of the the hype and he gets played down - can only be in for 15 plays, isn't tough enough for full-time RB, etc. Bush has the ability to turn a bad team upside down while Williams at best will only ease the pain of losing 27-10 to losing 23-10.

well, whatever track record he had elsewhere, Casserly has done a poor job with the Texans.

I don't smoke loco weed, I only drink the tea!!!:D

Casserly has been trying to trade down through the media since the combine. It's getting tiring - or maybe I need to do something else with my life so I'm not watching football shows all the time. He's basically a schmuck but made a really good trade down with Washington about 5 years ago and he's living off that reputation. I forget the deal now.

Brady'sButtBoy said:
I didn't say Bush was a "lock" for the HOF, I said he was "likely" headed there.
Still a hell of a pronouncement for someone who hasn't taken a snap.
You remind me of a Redskin fan I know who has no doubt that Clinton Portis is the greatest running back of all time.

To me, Williams has Courtney Brown bust written all over him.

His chance of bust is much smaller than Bush. He dominated against tougher competition, and doesn't rely on one attribute (speed). Historically, most busts are highly taken QB, RB, and WRs.

Every year players get over hyped for the top of the draft and along comes one who is finally worthy of the the hype.

Says who? Nobody can say he's worthy of the hype. In fact, I'm on record as saying that if Reggie goes on to be the greatest player in NFL history, he still won't live up to the hype. He's out-hyped Vick at this point. I'm also of the opinion that Adrian Peterson (next year) is going to be a much better NFL back. That shouldn't happen for a once-in-a-generation player.

well, whatever track record he had elsewhere, Casserly has done a poor job with the Texans.

Agreed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference