PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Casale 7/29/07 PM notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsox23

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
http://www.patriots.com/search/index.cfm?ac=searchdetail&pid=26516&pcid=44&special_section=tc2007

7/29/07
Sunday afternoon's training camp notes
Tom Casale, Patriots Football Weekly

There wasn't much to see Sunday afternoon at Patriots training camp. Weather forced the team inside and they spent just over an hour going half speed in most of the drills.

Alexander getting closer
Eric Alexander has been donning a read non-contact jersey so far in training camp but he could be close to returning to full participation soon. Even though he’s been limited, Alexander routinely stays after to practice so he can get in extra work in with the defensive coaches.

“I’m just doing anything I can right now,” Alexander said. “I’m feeling good but I’m still a little limited so that’s the reason for the [red] jersey. It won’t be much longer now. Being out on the field with the guys, I’m getting the itch to hit somebody.”

Alexander is hoping to add depth at inside linebacker and become part of a rotation with veterans Tedy Bruschi, Mike Vrabel and Junior Seau. The Patriots could use a young playmaker at inside linebacker. Alexander has the potential and athletic ability to be that guy. Now he just needs to get back on the field and take advantage of his opportunity.

“Every time I step on the field and every time it’s a new year I consider it an opportunity to contribute to the team,” he said. “I think being here for the last few years and being in this system certainly helps but I’m always ready to step on the field and help the team win. My goal is to keep getting better. Be better today than I was yesterday. That’s how I go about it.”

Who’s hot:
Pierre Woods – It’s hard to judge the young outside linebackers at this point but Woods looks much more comfortable than he did a year ago. The second-year linebacker out of Michigan has been getting a lot of reps on the outside behind Rosevelt Colvin and could be on his way to becoming another nice find for Bill Belichick and Scott Pioli.

Who’s not:
Reche Caldwell – After a strong showing at mini-camp, it was believed Caldwell might have a slight edge over the likes of Jabar Gaffney and Kelley Washington for a roster spot. However, while Gaffney continues to shine, Caldwell has taken a back seat. There’s still a long way to go but right now it looks like Gaffney is a lock to earn a roster spot, while Caldwell and Washington are fighting for their lives.

Play of practice:
Nothing noteworthy today due to the nature of practice.

Afternoon camp notes
Garrett Mills was at practice wearing a jersey, although he didn’t have a helmet nor did he participate in any of the drills…Stephen Gostkowski, not being able to kick in the bubble, spent the hour on the elliptical machine next to strength and conditioning coach Mike Woicik. Josh Miller later joined the two for a brief workout…Tom Brady and Randy Moss were talking with each other while the second string was running plays. The two met twice to talk things over when there was a break in the action…Ryan O’Callaghan continued to get a lot of work at right tackle, lining up next to Stephen Neal.

MY FAVORITE PART:

Who’s hot: Pierre Woods – It’s hard to judge the young outside linebackers at this point but Woods looks much more comfortable than he did a year ago. The second-year linebacker out of Michigan has been getting a lot of reps on the outside behind Rosevelt Colvin and could be on his way to becoming another nice find for Bill Belichick and Scott Pioli.

As has become a bit of a chorus from me, yet AGAIN this year the biggest potential development I can imagine is one of the young LB's taking a big step toward becoming a legit playmaker. Be it Woods (the likeliest candidate, in my view) or Alexander or Lua, if even ONE of these guys can make a big jump, that will be as important as anything I can think of, roster-development-wise.

Who’s hot:
Pierre Woods – It’s hard to judge the young outside linebackers at this point but Woods looks much more comfortable than he did a year ago. The second-year linebacker out of Michigan has been getting a lot of reps on the outside behind Rosevelt Colvin and could be on his way to becoming another nice find for Bill Belichick and Scott Pioli.

Maybe now we see why no attempt was made to retain TBC.

Last edited:
Bug eyes has a mediocre session and suddenly you're a genius. Man, is the bar set low or what?

hmmm i happened to find the "who's not" part of the report very fascinating.

It sounds like i'm going to be right AGAIN.

This could be yet another instance when i say what is going to happen, get ripped for it, then it happens.:singing:

Weren't you the one ridiculing Casale 'till no end a few weeks ago?

This could be yet another instance when i say what is going to happen, get ripped for it, then it happens. :singing:

I love the idea of Keegs actually bragging about something. Unreal. Truly delusional - have you considered following the Jets?

Weren't you the one ridiculing Casale 'till no end a few weeks ago?

I know you are smarter than this. Quit trying to bait me into a huge fight.

It's obvious that i am just commenting on the fact that Gaffney is looking better than Caldwell.

But then you have to say that......

And yeah, i was all over that guy and i still think he's a moron and a jerk.

how about that?

I love the idea of Keegs actually bragging about something. Unreal. Truly delusional - have you considered following the jets?

Yes i think i will brag. Hmmmm lets see here... let's just see.......

- I thought the pats should trade Branch
- I thought the pats should trade Branch for a 1st rounder
- I thought We could/should trade for Moss
- I said Tank would not be charged with a DUI/DWI and only a traffic citation

Coming soon.....

- I said the Refs are cheating/blowing calls on purpose and don't want the pats to win (see NBA)
- I said Gaffney is the better option than Caldwell

For all these fantastic predictions i was ripped apart and treated like crap. I deserve an apology but i won't get one and i don't expect one.

But as you can see i was right.

take care chief.

Not trying to defend anyone, but Reche had a poor first practice in camp dropping 2 maybe 3 balls and slipping on a cone in a drill and missing the pass all together. While I thought Jabbar has looked great. Also in the first Practice Welker look awesome,and the oline open a few good hole for the run game.

Sometimes it's worth while to look at the depth chart. Moss and Reche are playing the X. Stallworth, Gaffney and Jackson are playing the Y. Does that answer a y questions for y'all about why Gaffney is getting first string snaps and Caldwell is not?

Over time all will rotate between X Y and the slot, Where Welker and Troy hang out. but we are only in the third day of practice, aren't we?

I know you are smarter than this. Quit trying to bait me into a huge fight.

Pot calling the kettle black, my friend.

Hows randy Moss looking in camp, is he looking like the Moss of old??

I don't bait anyone on here.

I post my opinions, and then i read the responses which should be about football but instead are personal insults and attempts to create huge arguments.

If you have no idea what im talking about see your first response, and patsox's response.

but if i send some personal insults back or start up the fight, there will be 25 pms sent to ian complaining about me.

Trust me, ive seen some of them.

Last edited:
I don't bait anyone on here.

I post my opinions, and then i read the responses which should be about football but instead are personal insults and attempts to create huge arguments.

If you have no idea what im talking about see your first response, and patsox's response.

Enough. This argument is pointless. Get on with your life.

but i will give credit where it is due, i like your training camp reports.

I would like to see more of those and less arguments about crap we can't control.

there are enough people on here who dislike me that don't have the work ethic that you have, let them argue with me, and you can do the reports.

:)

but i will give credit where it is due, i like your training camp reports.

I would like to see more of those and less arguments about crap we can't control.

there are enough people on here who dislike me that don't have the work ethic that you have, let them argue with me, and you can do the reports.

:)

What were we talking about again? Something about some training camp or something?

Get back to it.

This could be yet another instance when i say what is going to happen, get ripped for it, then it happens.:singing:

You are so clairvoyant Keegs. Now can I get the Powerball numbers?

Keegs has gone 'round the bend. As close as one can come to being a disgrace around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back