PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Casale 7/29/07 PM notes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't there some story about Woods, where he was a presumed eventual 1st rounder at Michigan, as a sophomore/Jr., and then he got into Carr's doghouse and stayed there for the rest of his time in school, and so dropped completely out of the draft after a mediocre Senior season? Or was that Mays and some other college?

That's the story I referred to in my original post, thanks for the more specific information. That's why i discounted that draft profile.

A draft profile would put "didn't play up to potential" rather than "in coach's doghouse" for obvious reasons.

Any Michigan fans with the inside scoop on Woods/Carr or opinions about Pierre would be great.

I think we found a gem. 6'5" 250+ with a 4.7 40 and he's always hustling and under control when i watch him (very limited time).

He does excel in ST tackles too, I believe.

Last edited:
Drew Hensen?

I have no idea, what is that idiot doing?:singing:

I think the answer to that one was playing baseball, at least for a while.

I saw that, yet his potential and combines were great.

The only real negatives was shedding blockers.

Teams like Michigan have tons of players and you can get lost in the crowd.

I seem to recall a QB that was drafted way low. whatever happened to him?.................

After we picked up Woods last year, I went out and did some reading (like a lot of you). I remember reading that if he had come out the year before he would have been a first day pick, but that his last season Woods struggled for some reason. At least that's what I remember reading.

hmmm i happened to find the "who's not" part of the report very fascinating.

It sounds like i'm going to be right AGAIN.

This could be yet another instance when i say what is going to happen, get ripped for it, then it happens.:singing:

Brag much? I wouldn't if I were you right now. How many practices have there been? Even T. Brady is rusty right now, maybe this is all we will get out of Gaffney while Caldwell quietly gets better and better and surpasses Gaffney. You never know.

On day three of TC last year a RB named Cobbs was a lock to send Kevin Faulk packing.

This thread is too funny. Each and every year.

Gaffney may well make the team and Caldwell may not. But based on the first three days of TC?

On day three of TC last year a RB named Cobbs was a lock to send Kevin Faulk packing.

This thread is too funny. Each and every year.

Gaffney may well make the team and Caldwell may not. But based on the first three days of TC?

You could have easily posted this in one of the Brandon Meriwether 'captain of the backfield' threads (after 1 day of TC)

The interweb is a weird place...normally inhibited and unintelligent people have certainly found their voices...

That's the story I referred to in my original post, thanks for the more specific information. That's why i discounted that draft profile.

A draft profile would put "didn't play up to potential" rather than "in coach's doghouse" for obvious reasons.

Any Michigan fans with the inside scoop on Woods/Carr or opinions about Pierre would be great.

I think we found a gem. 6'5" 250+ with a 4.7 40 and he's always hustling and under control when i watch him (very limited time).

He does excel in ST tackles too, I believe.

Michigan Dave can give you a great rundown on Woods if you come across him.

Woods has looked awesome in TC so far.

And so...a report later than Day 2 of training camp:

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=58365

Who’s hot: Reche Caldwell
Caldwell has been quiet for most of training camp but with Randy Moss sidelined, last year’s leading receiver took advantage of his opportunity and had his best day of practice to date. Caldwell made a couple catches coming over the middle in the two-minute drill where he really had to extend to bring the ball in. The battle at receiver has already taken a lot of twists and turns this summer but today was Caldwell’s time to shine. An honorable mention to James Sanders who had a great day of practice and is one of the stars of this year’s training camp.

Evidently, young Mr. Keegs watches the first five minutes of a football game and makes his judgment as to who will win or lose...or makes his judgment of a football player based on one game...or makes his judgment of a football player based on two days of TC...

"Yup, it's all over!!! The Redskins won the first game of the season...they're goin' all the way!"

Relax, kid. Someday, you'll grow wiser and learn to not make judgments until more evidence is in.

Is something going on with you and Mr Woods? :)
or is something going on between patchick and Michigan Dave?

Just to clarify, there is something going on between me and Mr. Patchick.:snob:

But while we're on the topic...

FWIW, what struck me most about Woods as a draft prospect were his quickness numbers, which are truly exceptional for his size:
Shuttle: 4.19
Cone: 6.87

FWIW, what struck me most about Woods as a draft prospect were his quickness numbers, which are truly exceptional for his size:
Shuttle: 4.19
Cone: 6.87
For fun, comparing to Kamerion Wimbley (because he was a high pick, had a good rookie season and I still follow (not root for) the Browns some) :

Shuttle : 4.48 combine, 4.22 pro day
Cone : 6.98 combine

I wonder how many times Woods can now bench 225?

15 times is great for a DB, no so much for a LB.

I bet he can do more now, if those reps are even tested when one goes pro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back