PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Casale 7/29/07 PM notes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's try to get this back on track...

Pierre Woods looking good at LB. Would love to see that continue.

Meriweather looking good so far - hope he's the DB version of Deion "right off the bat" Branch during his rookie year.

Keegs has gone 'round the bend. As close as one can come to being a disgrace around here.

Are you bitter than i'm right?
sure sounds like it.
why aren't you commenting on my post with all my predictions that i got crap for that turned out to be correct?

Personal insults won't get you anywhere. Pats1 and me were going to start arguing and then we decided to stop. So here you come, begging for attention, trying to bait me so that you can be "the guy" to try and tell me off.

show some class and grow up.

Let's try to get this back on track...

Pierre Woods looking good at LB. Would love to see that continue.

Meriweather looking good so far - hope he's the DB version of Deion "right off the bat" Branch during his rookie year.

first off i agree with your above comments...

But your "Lets try to get this back on track" comment is complete B.S.

You just personally insulted me, in an attempt to bait me and start a huge argument.

(Keegs has gone 'round the bend. As close as one can come to being a disgrace around here.)

Then you type this "lets get this back on track" comment at the beginning of this thread to make it look like you can't possibly be the aggressor in the thread and that you want to really move on. That's garbage.

I'm typing this, so you when you come back and say that you were "trying to move on", i can point back at this and how's it's already been proven that you are full of it.

Next time try harder.

MY FAVORITE PART:

As has become a bit of a chorus from me, yet AGAIN this year the biggest potential development I can imagine is one of the young LB's taking a big step toward becoming a legit playmaker. Be it Woods (the likeliest candidate, in my view) or Alexander or Lua, if even ONE of these guys can make a big jump, that will be as important as anything I can think of, roster-development-wise.

As one who has wondered where future LBs are coming from, I've always been a Woods fan. It would be great if we stole one.

I'm also hearing what I expected from Gaffney.

It's hard for me to judge Casale's evaluations until I can put aside my intense dislike for him personally, but I will.

Hopefully, he'll start acting like a professional and I'll see if I agree with his assessments.

Music to my ears here, though.

Take a breath, keegs. We're trying to stay on track here. Any thoughts on, ya know, PLAYERS? Performance? Potential?

Take a breath, keegs. We're trying to stay on track here. Any thoughts on, ya know, PLAYERS? Performance? Potential?

Gaffney Stays, Caldwell Goes.

LeKevin Dominates.

Everyone stays healthy.

As long as all that happens, ill be happy.

For the record, you'll note I quoted the post before the fight and I like Caldwell just fine.

Just happen to like Gaff and Woods' potential.

For the record, you'll note I quoted the post before the fight and I like Caldwell just fine.

Just happen to like Gaff and Woods' potential.

I'm ashamed to admit i know nothing about Pierre Woods but i've read only great things, but vague things.

I worked a lot on Sundays this past season and i honestly don't remember seeing him playing.

I wasn't able to watch every game but probably 12 of the regular season games and all the playoff games.

Yet i know nothing about Pierre.

Info please:)
whats the deal with this guy?

I'm ashamed to admit i know nothing about Pierre Woods but i've read only great things, but vague things.

I worked a lot on Sundays this past season and i honestly don't remember seeing him playing.

I wasn't able to watch every game but probably 12 of the regular season games and all the playoff games.

Yet i know nothing about Pierre.

Info please:)
whats the deal with this guy?

I believe he had great potential but got in the dog house with his college coach and went undrafted.

Maybe someone has more specifics. I just noticed him as a standout in last years TC.

He played STs and got some tackles, but I wouldn't have had an opinion had I not seen him look good in an exhibition game.

He just looks like he belongs out there.

OK, come on, back to Pierre Woods now. Perhaps some of you have noticed that I never miss an opportunity to obsess about Pierre Woods? So reports like these have been my favorite tidbits from camp so far.

The Pats OLB position calls for an absolute freak of nature. Pierre is that rare bird -- 6' 5" 250 with the quickness and explosiveness of a defensive back. After watching him hustle on special teams, get named "practice player of the week" etc. last season, he's my player to watch this camp.

Yes i think i will brag. Hmmmm lets see here... let's just see.......

Coming soon.....

- I said the Refs are cheating/blowing calls on purpose and don't want the pats to win (see NBA)
- I said Gaffney is the better option than Caldwell.

So when the Patriots won 3 SB's, were the refs cheating/blowing calls because they didn't want the Colts to win?

FWIW, Riess said about the same thing as Casale about Gaffney so far overshadowing Caldwell.

OK, come on, back to Pierre Woods now. Perhaps some of you have noticed that I never miss an opportunity to obsess about Pierre Woods? So reports like these have been my favorite tidbits from camp so far.

The Pats OLB position calls for an absolute freak of nature. Pierre is that rare bird -- 6' 5" 250 with the quickness and explosiveness of a defensive back. After watching him hustle on special teams, get named "practice player of the week" etc. last season, he's my player to watch this camp.

Is something going on with you and Mr Woods? -:) It would be just great if say Mr Woods, Mr Lua and Mr Alexander all turned out to be good LB's so that the Patriots had some young guys to take over when the old guys go on social security.

Gaffney Stays, Caldwell Goes.

LeKevin Dominates.

Everyone stays healthy.

As long as all that happens, ill be happy.

I could be with you on Gaffney. Don't know about LeKevin "dominating." It's possible, if he gets his crap together, that Kareem Brown will challenge LeKevin for a roster spot. As for the 3rd thing, I'd be pretty damn excited if that part came true.

The link you provide explains very well why he went undrafted. The link concludes:

Draft Status:

As of right now, Woods sits as a 7th round to free agent value.

That's how he was seen, and that's what happened.

I saw that, yet his potential and combines were great.

The only real negatives was shedding blockers.

Teams like Michigan have tons of players and you can get lost in the crowd.

I seem to recall a QB that was drafted way low. Whatever happened to him?

Wasn't there some story about Woods, where he was a presumed eventual 1st rounder at Michigan, as a sophomore/Jr., and then he got into Carr's doghouse and stayed there for the rest of his time in school, and so dropped completely out of the draft after a mediocre Senior season? Or was that Mays and some other college?

I seem to recall a QB that was drafted way low. Whatever happened to him?

Exactly, Ray Clay, exactly!

Wasn't there some story about Woods, where he was a presumed eventual 1st rounder at Michigan, as a sophomore/Jr., and then he got into Carr's doghouse and stayed there for the rest of his time in school, and so dropped completely out of the draft after a mediocre Senior season? Or was that Mays and some other college?

You're right, that was Woods. Without playing time, there can be no week-to-week buzz amoung the scouts, and no game film to evaluate.

Mays played at ND, and that not well. Woods and Lua (and Rogers? I haven't heard much about him so far) are clearly the LBs of the future, this year.

I seem to recall a QB that was drafted way low. whatever happened to him?.................

Drew Hensen?

I have no idea, what is that idiot doing?:singing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back