PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Carroll getting the opportunity to Pump and Jack Up the Bolts???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people are just meant for the collegiate level (hello Rick Pitino). Carroll is one of those people.

I would agree (see Nick Saban) but does Carroll see it that way.

I hope the Bolts do get Pete Caroll then we dont have to worry about them. Pete Caroll should stay where he belongs in college football, he isnt good enough of a coach to compete in the NFL. He has never been successful in the NFL, and never will be, even with all the talent the Bolts have.

The wheels might be coming off the USC Truck if the NCAA penalizes them for Reggie Bush.

Beyond that the only way firing Marty makes sense is if they already have someone signed, sealed and delivered - otherwise its a completely bonehead move.

Whether its Carroll or not who knows but there's obviously good reasons to make that guess. Aside from not having any assistants (and one assumes Carroll would bring his with him) the team obviously has talent, making it as good a landing spot as any for Caroll or another established coach - again, assuming they can get the assistants they want.

You may be right, of course. But the fact that firing Marty would be a bone-headed move if it was done without a plan doesn't mean that it wasn't done that way: sometimes people are bone-headed (or impulsive, or simply too frustrated to care). I still think that Carroll wouldn't work under Smith -- but perhaps Smith will get canned too.

I agree, he would be crazy to give up the USC job.

Why would it be crazy to leave USC if the NCAA suspended USC from bowl games, removed scholarships and his cut off his ability to recruit top players?

I must be missing something but why would Carroll stay? I'll admit I've not followed that situation closely but I've read nothing that said that USC was cleared of wrongdoing.

With the Bush investigation continuing and now the McKnight issue things could get very bad very fast at USC, leaving Carroll wondering why he didn't punch his ticket for a blank check salaried job in the NFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft