Carpenter praises Vrabel, sort of

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctpatsfan77

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
From USA Today:

Carpenter had eight sacks his senior season when he embraced his new role as a third-down edge rusher, a role similar to the one former Buckeye Mike Vrabel has excelled in with the three-time Super Bowl champion Patriots.

"What's fortunate at Ohio State is that guys like Mike Vrabel come back in the offseason and work out with us," Carpenter says. "Mike is a tremendous athlete who can run for days. He's like a gazelle. He's helped me a lot. He gave me some pointers on how to play defensive end and rush off the edge."

How often do you see a 6'4", 260 lb. gazelle charging toward you with the intent of knocking you silly? :D

But, seriously, the above statement really makes me think that the stories of Carpenter being "prissy" are irrelevant as far as the Pats go. If Vrabel thinks Carpenter would fit in, that's good enough for me. [And, with Vrabel around, the over-under on Carpenter getting an attitude change, if necessary, would probably be measured in hours, not weeks. :) ]

Last edited:
I think if he was prissy Vrabel would not have even bothered with him...and he probably would not have even mentioned vrabes

BradyBirdYazOrr said:
I think if he was prissy Vrabel would not have even bothered with him...and he probably would not have even mentioned vrabes

I recall Michael Holley interviewing Vrabel after the Bowl games, bringing up their Ohio State connection. Holley asked him about linebackers for the draft from OSU and Vrabel went on and on about Hawk and how great he was. Then Holley asked Vrabel about Carpenter. Vrabel said something like, Yeah he's pretty good, but how about that Hawk! Now that's a linebacker!" If Vrabel is a big fan of Carpenter it didn't come across in that interview.

That really says alot about Hawk too though...do you know who hes projected to go to?

BradyBirdYazOrr said:
That really says alot about Hawk too though...do you know who hes projected to go to?

Definitely top 10. If he drops to Detroit at #9 it would take our 1st, 2nd (#52) and our later 3rd rdr (#86) to jump up and snag him.

PonyExpress said:
Definitely top 10. If he drops to Detroit at #9 it would take our 1st, 2nd (#52) and our later 3rd rdr (#86) to jump up and snag him.

I'd be suprised if he made it out of the top 5.

What, exactly, does "prissy" mean, when it comes to pro football?

This connection between Vrabes and Carpenter is so overblown it's ridiculous. Vrabel (and other Buckeye alumni) works out in the offseason at OSU. In other words, he also works out with Youboty, Schlegel, Kudla, Whitner, Hawk, Ginn, Mangold, and everybody else on the team.

Yet Carpenter drops his name in an interview, and it's like he and Vrabel are best friends forever. It's rare to see so much mileage off that quote from last season.

ctpatsfan77 said:
From USA Today:

How often do you see a 6'4", 260 lb. gazelle charging toward you with the intent of knocking you silly? :D

But, seriously, the above statement really makes me think that the stories of Carpenter being "prissy" are irrelevant as far as the Pats go. If Vrabel thinks Carpenter would fit in, that's good enough for me. [And, with Vrabel around, the over-under on Carpenter getting an attitude change, if necessary, would probably be measured in hours, not weeks. :) ]

Get over it, Carpenter will not be a Patriot.

MrTibbs said:
Get over it, Carpenter will not be a Patriot.

thanks coach, appreciate the update!

"prissy"???....try Ray Lewis. This guy is NOT prissy. He's good and he knows it -- in my book that's called having balls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes