PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Carolina's problem: playing the 3-4

Status
Not open for further replies.

IllegalContact

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
buffalo, arizona, san fran all play the 3-4. seattle calls themselves a 4-3, but they basically play 3 DT's (bryant, mebane, mcdaniel) and everyone else is high speed chaos

1-3 averaging 11 points a game against those teams....newton gets alot of pressure from this config

may help to stand ninko up

buffalo, arizona, san fran all play the 3-4. seattle calls themselves a 4-3, but they basically play 3 DT's (bryant, mebane, mcdaniel) and everyone else is high speed chaos

1-3 averaging 11 points a game against those teams....newton gets alot of pressure from this config

may help to stand ninko up

I think it just has to do with the talent of those front sevens and not a lot to do with them being even or odd.

I think it just has to do with the talent of those front sevens and not a lot to do with them being even or odd.

in the case of seattle and san fran, yes......in the case of arizona and buffalo, no......quick, without looking, name the rest of AZ front 7 after calais campbell

Writers who really look at matchups are picking the Patriots in a close game. This is a detailed look at the matchups tonite. The more I read, the more I like the Patriots with Gronkowski, Amendola, Vereen and Ridley all available to take advantage of different looks by the Carolina defense.

Matchup: Patriots @ Panthers - Matchups - Rotoworld.com

SF, Sea, and AZ are simply very good defenses....

SF and Sea are the only ones you don't look back and see tons of opportunity were there were tons of drops and erratic throws to open guys.

Pressure or no pressure....Cam has erratic moments. Just part of the deal

in the case of seattle and san fran, yes......in the case of arizona and buffalo, no......quick, without looking, name the rest of AZ front 7 after calais campbell

Docket, Abraham, Williams, Washington, Dansby are all good players.

Ah... The good old PatsFans.com senseless extrapolation.

:bricks::bricks::bricks::bricks::bricks:

One of the big things is offensive turnovers. In their three losses, they turned the ball over at a 2.3 turnover per game average. In their wins, it was an average of 1 per game. In particular, for three of their wins, they didn't turn the ball over at all (MIN, STL, TB). In the three remaining wins, they had a positive turnover differential in two of them (NYG, ATL) and a zero differential in the 49ers game which is notable for the diabolical offensive performance of the Niners. It's not exactly inspired thinking on my part, but the Panthers record suggests that if we win the turnover battle, we'll win the game.

they're OK

but the cards give up their share of points, but obviously did something to turn the day into misery for the panthers.

the bottom line is that the panthers offense can be just as inept as the vikings, buccaneers, rams, and falcons

they're OK

but the cards give up their share of points, but obviously did something to turn the day into misery for the panthers.

the bottom line is that the panthers offense can be just as inept as the vikings, buccaneers, rams, and falcons

Daryl Washington is not just "OK".

Writers who really look at matchups are picking the Patriots in a close game. This is a detailed look at the matchups tonite. The more I read, the more I like the Patriots with Gronkowski, Amendola, Vereen and Ridley all available to take advantage of different looks by the Carolina defense.

Matchup: Patriots @ Panthers - Matchups - Rotoworld.com

You could listen to those pencil pushers....

Or someone like Tony Dungy. Of course, someone Dungy isn't as smart as those writers I guess

Or someone like Tony Dungy.

103948.gif

You could even argue Washington is their best defensive player over Peterson.

Football is about matchups. Worst matchups for our O are teams like Seattle, SF, AZ . Teams built to stop the run well with great secondary talent.

With the NE injuries, I would argue NE doesn't fit that nightmare matchup for our O

Other side of the coin, we do have the type D that has causes Brady issues

The Panthers are one of the few heavily run oriented offenses in the league. The 3-4 is built to stop the run (hence why it is falling out of favor by a lot of teams including the Pats before all the injuries). A 3-4 defense is at least in theory built to stop the Panthers' offense more than a 4-3.

Vellano-Soap-Chris Jones
Ninkovich-Hightower-Spikes-Chandler Jones​

Something like that? Obvious passing downs sub in Jamie Collins for Spikes.

Vellano-Soap-Chris Jones
Ninkovich-Hightower-Spikes-Chandler Jones​

Something like that? Obvious passing downs sub in Jamie Collins for Spikes.

and fletcher for soap

You could even argue Washington is their best defensive player over Peterson.

Football is about matchups. Worst matchups for our O are teams like Seattle, SF, AZ . Teams built to stop the run well with great secondary talent.

With the NE injuries, I would argue NE doesn't fit that nightmare matchup for our O

Other side of the coin, we do have the type D that has causes Brady issues

also the kind of defense brady can put 40 on

very few coaches have experienced how great Belichick and Brady can be more than Dungy.

comical is claiming that some silly pencil pusher who happened to pick NE.....should have his opinion more respected.

very few coaches have experienced how great Belichick and Brady can be more than Dungy.

comical is claiming that some silly pencil pusher who happened to pick NE.....should have his opinion more respected.

dungy is a dope.......he's lucky rodney harrision hasn't torn his head off.

he never figured it out on the field, but he'll figure it out in the box.....right

I guarantee the "pencil pusher" has watched and broken down more game film of both teams this year just in the last week than Dungy has of every team since he joined SNF.

Also how about citing someone other than a known Patriot hater.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes