PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can you ever see Bruschi in another uniform?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stick21

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Do you think there is ever a chance of this or him and Brady are untouchable??
I cant see him taking the money at any cost

Anything is possible.... Bruschi almost never played again, but he will retire a Pat....

Absolutely I could. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Brady did not finish his career in New England. It's part of the game. Look at Montana, Rice, and Smith (Emmitt).

"Just wanted to say that it was really nice to hear Bruschi work out his own deal and re-sign with the Patriots. He is simply one of the humblest, hardest working football players in the league. He is really first class. Why don't more players handle their own contracts? What is the typical percentage that an agent would make? Thanks and keep up the good work.
Mark
Worcester, Mass.

The best thing about it is that Tedy can take what he hears during negotiations and handle it professionally. I think there is a mutual respect there and while an agent may have been able to land Tedy a little more money, his contract is real and he will probably see every dime of that $8-plus million as opposed to some fake contract that an agent trumpets as a $20 million deal that is really worth half that and is backloaded so that the player will be released. An agent typically receives anywhere from 0-3 percent of a deal. Some agents will accept less than 3 percent if they also get to charge for handling personal finances or make commissions off such investment earnings. I agree with your assessment of Bruschi and I admire him for standing by his convictions and not listening to outsiders unaware of his feelings. Only he can decide what is important to him and playing for the Patriots for his whole career is obviously important. Hopefully, we’ll see him earn some money through endorsements locally. I would certainly sign him to sell my product because he personifies what the Patriots have been for the past three years. His allegiance to this team scores points with fans and I think he would be a coup for a local marketer."

Easy answer. This was taken from the Pats website.

Absolutely. In fact it's a probabilty both will eventually play for another team. Its the way of the NFL world.

tedy will be loved by new england forever.

PatsWorldChamps said:

Unless he signs with another team, especially one we all hate. Then he won't be loved forever.

PatsWorldChamps said:

So will Adam. Players like Bruschi, McGinest, and Vinatieri are consummate Patriots. Whether or not they finish their career in New England doesn't change their legacy. Many Patriots players that we identify as being lifelong Patriots didn't finish their careers in a Patriots uniform...Stanley Morgan and Mosi Tatupu to name two.

Murphys95 said:
So will Adam. Players like Bruschi, McGinest, and Vinatieri are consummate Patriots. Whether or not they finish their career in New England doesn't change their legacy. Many Patriots players that we identify as being lifelong Patriots didn't finish their careers in a Patriots uniform...Stanley Morgan and Mosi Tatupu to name two.
I disagree on Av...Willie wanted to come back but the money was stupid in Cle. A.V. IMO never had any intention of coming back which is ok EXCEPT that he signed with the COLTS. There were 31 teams he could have signed with and I would have said "thanks for the memories" but the COLTS! That seems like a swipe to me...

KDPpatsfan said:
I disagree on Av...Willie wanted to come back but the money was stupid in Cle. A.V. IMO never had any intention of coming back which is ok EXCEPT that he signed with the COLTS. There were 31 teams he could have signed with and I would have said "thanks for the memories" but the COLTS! That seems like a swipe to me...

Now we're onto something. Good post . I don't know if it's a swipe team wise, but a swipe nonetheless. Willie would have been crazy to say no.
they made him a deal he could'nt refuse.

stick21 said:

TB in sheriff's uniform and RH in Zebra.

Yeah, the AV signing in Indy is like Johnny Damon all over again. My only solace it that, from a production standpoint, it isn't that much of an upgrade for them, and, with Edge, Triplett and Thornton gone, this team will be sigificantly weaker. The AV signing in Indy was a face saving move, so that fans will forget about the major losses over there. From a football standpoint, it will not make much of a difference.

I agree AV to the Colts won't help them as much as everyone thinks and it won't hurt the Pats as much as everyone thinks.

As for Bruschi, I think his age and contract situation will guarantee he retires as a Patriot. If he wanted to cash in like Willie he would've done it a couple of years ago.

I think Brady's contract situation could help him retire as a Patriot too- the deal he signed last year was his "big" deal and he won't get a bigger deal after 10 years in the league and he'll probably get a respectable extension around 2010 if he shows he can QB this team until say, 2013. A lot of this hinges on Belichick's stay in NE as well, Brady may bolt in 2010 if BB leaves but who can tell at this point.

stick21 said:

I really don't see Bruschi leaving for another team not only because of the loyalty he has shown in the past, but also because of the loyalty the team showed him during his stroke. If i remember correctly, the Pats chose to still pay him even though they could have made him sit out for the whole season and not pay him, or something like that. Maybe someone else can touch on it.

No, I can't see Tedy in another uni. I think all we can ever go on is the actions that we observe. Tedy appreciation of the Fans and the legacy that he's built here is known and demonstrated over the years and never more so than this past year. His priorities are different than most of the "show me the money" type pro players. And we love him for it.

stick21 said:
Would have said never, not so sure now.

Bruschi's proved that he has the loyalty and class to stay here for the rest of his career. You guys can be satisfied with all this being "nothing but a business" all you want, but I find his very non-buisnesslike attitude extremely refreshing in today's NFL.

As for Brady, I suppose there's some kind of chance, but I'd say it's the same chance as a hurricane flattening Foxborough. It's not just a matter of the FA market tempting him, it's a matter of the Patriots being willing to pay him whatever he wants, which I think they would be. It's one thing to let Vinatieri or McGinnest go, as great as they are, but it's completely another to let Brady go. If BB or Pioli ever did, that's when I'd start to seriously question their usefulness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back