PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can Patriots go undefeated and return to Super Bowl?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are those here that EXPECT it. I addressed my comments to them. As a Charger fan I BELIEVE that the Patriots CAN go 19-0. I believe they are that good. Still, they , or any team, will need a certain amount of luck to do it. If you don't believe that luck is a factor look at the final drive in the SB. It was nothing other than luck that Samuel misses that interception, and Mearitwether too.

pao

I definitely agree.

the didnt score one touchdown in that game (the afc championship game). I picked them over indy, I usualy pick most anyone over peyton in the playoffs every single year.

Rivers is a 12 year old in a nfl qb's body, and with him as their leader, they will never make it to the superbowl.
I think you will be proven wrong on that one. Even your own Tom Brady had respectful words for Phillip Rivers.

pao

All right...now you're a dead man. I saw that game and i will forever remember the name Keith Lincoln!
LOL. Didn't think anyone here would remember. You, sir, are a true fan. I tip my cap to you!

pao

Ok, I'll admit I was wrong in what he said.
Here is the exact quote I could find, "I think that if we played with last year's teams ten times, we would win nine of them."
I still think he is wrong in what he said, and Ill still make fun of him but he did mean those two specific teams which I did not know beforehand. SO thank you for correcting me.
All right, I'm impressed (not that it matters to you). I admire someone that can admit a mistake. Your posts gained credibility with me from now on (again, not that it matters to you). And I'll admit that I don't like LT saying that stuff, it just makes him look bad.

I dont think anyone here is saying undefeated or bust (now i havent gone through every post but the general consensus seems to be this). I think some of us would love to see our team do it again and this time finish the job. It is a hope, but not an expectation. Something I'd like to see, but would be ok if it didnt happen. How is that bordering arrogance or arrogant for that matter?
Sorry, but there are those that it seems like they are saying 19-0 or bust. That is just sad. Having said that I do believe the Patriots have a chance to go 19-0 next year. They are in a weak division and they win in the Playoffs, even when they shouldn't (that is a compliment). Also, if they make it to the SB next year 18-0 no way they lose again, NO WAY.

Bitter? Whose post are you reading? I just found that picture and thought it was hilarious, thats all. :)
My bad. My apologies. I didn't even look at the pix. Thought you were just rubbing my face in it.

pao

That's not my quote...i find it funny tho.
Listen, LT is a hell of a player. I love his talent, but i dont care for him (obviously).
I understand. I agree that he shouldn't have said the things he has said. Ultimately it just makes him look bad. I have heard hours and hours of his interviews, met him in person too. He's really a great guy.

pao

I think you will be proven wrong on that one. Even your own Tom Brady had respectful words for Phillip Rivers.

pao

tom brady and the patriots say good things about every team they play, even the ones the stomp into the ground. if you can watch rivers and NOT think he is acting like a kid, you need to get your eyes checked sir.

All right, I'm impressed (not that it matters to you). I admire someone that can admit a mistake. Your posts gained credibility with me from now on (again, not that it matters to you). And I'll admit that I don't like LT saying that stuff, it just makes him look bad.
Thanks! I got to give you props for being very reasonable and articulate in all your posts I've read. I like other fans viewpoints, and respect them as long as they are respectful back (and intelligent), and you have have been all that. Wouldn't mind having more opposing fans like you...

I must say, the Chargers are looking pretty good next season. I don't see them having that letdown early on as they did this season. Definitely one of the dominant AFC teams. I don't know much about the Chargers offseason issues, just heard there being questions of how long Rivers will be out. That guy has guts...he definitely impressed me playing in the AFCC.
My bad. My apologies. I didn't even look at the pix. Thought you were just rubbing my face in it.

pao
It was a mcfarlane (sp?) figurine of ldt. i just thought it was odd when I found it and i attempted to make a joke. No need to apologize though! Its all good. :)

I understand. I agree that he shouldn't have said the things he has said. Ultimately it just makes him look bad. I have heard hours and hours of his interviews, met him in person too. He's really a great guy.

pao
That's pretty cool. At times he does seem nice, but the majority of the time I see him is when its chargers/pats and that budding rivalry is pretty heated. So what's ingrained in my mind are all the negatives he had to say bout my team. I guess when the player is actually on your team you get to see them in all their moments, good and bad, not just their negative ones as opposing fans do. And of course he scores tds...if he was scoring them for my team i'd like him too. :D

tom brady and the patriots say good things about every team they play, even the ones the stomp into the ground. if you can watch rivers and NOT think he is acting like a kid, you need to get your eyes checked sir.
I can see your pov. I, on the Chargers board, ripped him for his antics against the Broncos. It did look childish. However, I love when he does things like get up after getting pancaked by Warren Sapp and saying "Is that all you got Big Boy? Bring it!". LOL. Also, I have never heard him diss a player, team, fans or coach to the media. It is always respectful and thoughtful. QBs in this league are the most courageous players on the team with wide receivers second*. Why do I say that? Because they are time and again subjected to brutal hits while unprotected, and yet they still go out and do it play after play. I like Rivers for that and his love for the game. I'm glad he's the QB of the Chargers (and thank God the Chargers traded ELI!).

pao

*I have no respect for defensive players that deliver a brutal hit on an unprotected player and stand over them with muscles flexed like they just proved themselves as tough. The tough one is the one that received the hit and gets up, walks back to the huddle, and comes back for another play (one in which there is a possibility of it happening again). Now that is tough.

Thanks for the kind words and patience. I try pretty hard to see things objectively but don't always succeed.

pao

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back