PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can Patriots go undefeated and return to Super Bowl?

Status
Not open for further replies.
yep. but some good luck helped get them to 18-0 (Ryan calling the TO in Baltimore)
And the dead ball foul before the Ravens stuffed Maroney. If that is illegal motion instead of illegal procedure the game is over. Still a win is a win I don't care how you get it. You'll lose some someday due to the opposite luck.

pao

Last edited:
Hey someone stole their AFL Championship Trophy!

pao

Who knows what else was stolen?

And after Roger Goodell gets done kissing Specter's Shpincter, the Pat's trophy case might look eerily similar.

Never going to happen. With a game at San Diego next year, the Pats are guaranteed at least one loss.

Well, I just hope a Bolts player is dumb enough to guarantee a win against the Pats next year. Short of that however, @ SD is probably the toughest game on the schedule for next season. Still, the Pats have figured out how to stop LT and Gates and they know well that Rivers hardly ever looks off his intended receivers and instead has a tendency to telegraph his passes. As such, the games against SD will be less of a struggle for the Pats and I expect a convincing win.

Denver is another tough game, but given that the game's played at Gillette, I expect a win here.

IOW, going 16-0 again next season isn't all that improbable though I don't think it should be expected.

Last edited:

Nothing was stolen from the Bolts last year by the Pats. Norv made sure of that with the results still going 2-0 in the Pats favor. But we do know that the Bolts stole signals from the Colts last year in the playoff game and we know this because a Bolts player said as much in public. It's the way the game's played and not many Pats fans are making an issue of it. IOW, you need new material.

Not a chance in Hell, and I say that for every team. No chance a team goes 16-0 for the second consecutive year.

Um...why? Why not just play all the teams we lost to in the SuperBowl?

I was just sayting that because of the spygate crap, you know, like F you, we beat those teams again.

And after Roger Goodell gets done kissing Specter's Shpincter, the Pat's trophy case might look eerily similar.

um no. nice try though.

16-3 works just fine for me!

Ok, come on. Let's be fair. What he meant was if the two teams that played in THAT playoff game played 10 times the Chargers would have won 9 of them. Did you really not understand that?

pao
Yes I am being fair. He had no room to talk seeing as he LOST the game that mattered and he can cry about it all he wants but he was wrong and still is wrong....you know exactly what he meant by that and so do I, to sugarcoat it with preconditions would still make it wrong.

pao said:
But to EXPECT it to ACTUALLY happen? Over confidence bordering on arrogance.

pao
You want to talk about arrogance? How about the above commment from Ldt. You seemed to not have a problem with that and thats arrogance from a player. You wanna talk about arrogance from a fan base? Ok, what do you expect? Fans of a successful team are going to expect their team to win. Our team's done it before and we believe they have the capability to do it again. Does that mean they will, who knows? No one's guaranteeing sh*t...oh except for LdT :bricks:

But hey you can still pick up your LDT McFarlane Sports Figurine while supplies last...no joke. Bench and b*tchface included... I wonder if the helmet is detachable so i can stick it on his head and bring up some pleasant memories.

pG01-3607103reg.jpg

pG01-3607103_alternate2_reg.jpg

pG01-3607103_alternate1_reg.jpg

True. But even BB and TB don't EXPECT to go 19-0.

pao

Of course not, and no one is saying that BB and TB are expecting to go 19-0 this upcoming season. We're just questioning whether they are capable of doing so. Sure some of this hinges on the offseason, but a majority of the team will be back and the way this team handles their offseason I think they will definitely have the CAPABILITY of going 19-0. That doesn't mean that they will, but I believe they can.

Yes I am being fair. He had no room to talk seeing as he LOST the game that mattered and he can cry about it all he wants but he was wrong and still is wrong....you know exactly what he meant by that and so do I, to sugarcoat it with preconditions would still make it wrong.

You want to talk about arrogance? How about the above commment from Ldt. You seemed to not have a problem with that and thats arrogance from a player. You wanna talk about arrogance from a fan base? Ok, what do you expect? Fans of a successful team are going to expect their team to win. Our team's done it before and we believe they have the capability to do it again. Does that mean they will, who knows? No one's guaranteeing sh*t...oh except for LdT :bricks:

But hey you can still pick up your LDT McFarlane Sports Figurine while supplies last...no joke. Bench and b*tchface included... I wonder if the helmet is detachable so i can stick it on his head and bring up some pleasant memories.

Hopefully there is an assortment of collectable LT figurines. Some other family favorite LT moments include:
The "were getting our a** kicked right now" Game 2 blank glassy eyed stare LT
The darth vader, poor team player LT
New talking LT figurines; which include classics such as:
The I would never disrespect a team by doing a dance in the middle of their field, bc I prefer to do that through the media media darling LT
The "if the Pats arent cheating, they arent trying" denial LT complete with girly laugh.

The top section of my post was from #12, not sure why the quote didnt seem to work...just wanted to add to your hilarious LT figurine comments...Great post!

Hopefully there is an assortment of collectable LT figurines. Some other family favorite LT moments include:
The "were getting our a** kicked right now" Game 2 blank glassy eyed stare LT
The darth vader, poor team player LT
New talking LT figurines; which include classics such as:
The I would never disrespect a team by doing a dance in the middle of their field, bc I prefer to do that through the media media darling LT
The "if the Pats arent cheating, they arent trying" denial LT complete with girly laugh.

:rofl: Obvious must buys!

I guess a better way to put that post would be b*tchface standard or option?? I love your idea with the b*tchface standard and extra accessories to remind us of each precious LT moment.

Should the b*tchface be included on all of them, or just one that we can call b*tchface LT??? lol

lol I think the b*tchface is a definite standard. i mean it's his trademark! an ldt figurine without the b*tchface would be unrecognizable...but i do think the ""were getting our a** kicked right now" Game 2 blank glassy eyed stare LT" should have a tear drop function in both eyes. :D I think we could sell big with this! Shall we call it the classy line?

Last edited:
lol I think the b*tchface is a definite standard. i mean it's his trademark! an ldt figurine without the b*tchface would be unrecognizable...but i do think the ""were getting our a** kicked right now" Game 2 blank glassy eyed stare LT" should have a tear drop function in both eyes. :D I think we could sell big with this! Shall we call it the classy line?

Youre absolutely right. What was I thinking??? B*tchface, standard. Classy line is fantastic...we could do that or "A Touch of Class". The tear drop function is genius! We can add a "if we played the Patriots 10 times we'd win 9" sorrow LT for further use of the tear drop function! This was a great idea, #12!:D

Yes I am being fair.
No, you aren't. You took his quote out of context.
He had no room to talk seeing as he LOST the game that mattered and he can cry about it all he wants but he was wrong and still is wrong....
Didn't say it was wrong or not, just that you were wrong in what he meant by what he said. You obviously thought that he was predicting the Chargers would win the 9 out of the next 10 against the Patriots. He meant if the two teams that played in that playoff game played 10 times the Chargers would have won 9 of them. Right or wrong that is what he said. You misunderstood, obviously.
....you know exactly what he meant by that and so do I, to sugarcoat it with preconditions would still make it wrong.
I'm not sugarcoating anything. I'm just correcting you. Call it what you will but at least get it right.

You want to talk about arrogance? How about the above commment from Ldt. You seemed to not have a problem with that and thats arrogance from a player.
Dude, I don't agree with his statement. He shouldn't have said it. It just looks like sour grapes. He should have kept his mouth shut.
You wanna talk about arrogance from a fan base? Ok, what do you expect? Fans of a successful team are going to expect their team to win.
You can predict it, you can hope for it, you can give reasons why you think it will happen, you can pray for it, you can hope for it, you can do whatever you want. But if you expect it that's just unrealistic and you will be disappointed....again.
Our team's done it before and we believe they have the capability to do it again. Does that mean they will, who knows? No one's guaranteeing sh*t
Ah, that's more like it.
...oh except for LdT :bricks:
There you go again, you misinterpret what LT said. He DIDN'T guarantee that the Chargers would beat the Patriots 9 out of 10 times. Get it right and maybe you won't be so upset.

Why are you so bitter?

pao

Of course not, and no one is saying that BB and TB are expecting to go 19-0 this upcoming season. We're just questioning whether they are capable of doing so. Sure some of this hinges on the offseason, but a majority of the team will be back and the way this team handles their offseason I think they will definitely have the CAPABILITY of going 19-0. That doesn't mean that they will, but I believe they can.
There are those here that EXPECT it. I addressed my comments to them. As a Charger fan I BELIEVE that the Patriots CAN go 19-0. I believe they are that good. Still, they , or any team, will need a certain amount of luck to do it. If you don't believe that luck is a factor look at the final drive in the SB. It was nothing other than luck that Samuel misses that interception, and Mearitwether too.

pao

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back