PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cameraman identified

Status
Not open for further replies.
former cameraman speaks
http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/patriots/

A former Patriots video coordinator e-mailed to say what happened during the Jets game was incredibly common and not a big deal. To wit:

“I read your article with amusement about the Patriots camerman being nabbed at NY. Having worked in the NFL as a video coordinator with both the Pats and the Carolina Panthers, I can tell you this happens all the time. I was often asked by coaches to film opponents, usually during pregame warmups. I find it hard to believe that the Pats would be so brazen with it. We often had cameras hooked up to monitors that the coaches would watch in the booth. I never actually recorded anything, so as not to leave evidence! And I can guarantee you the Jets and everybody else are doing it too.”

seems like maybe bill wants to make a point...to get caught so this video cheating gets exposed and they put more strict rules. he knows he is the best...so if there is no cheating he will shine even more. because as the rules are now, cheating is allowed as long as you dont get caught....a possible explanation.
That's an interesting theory that I suppose isn't totally out of the realm of feasibility for BB. Diabolical even ;)

The speculation is driving me crazy, it just want the truth to come out!

I'm sick of how the media is running away with this and almost skipping the investigation part. Innocent until proven guilty, right?... not with the media. Now almost everyone minus Pats fans think we're cheaters. Great, thanks media. I'm not passing any judgment, making accusations, or letting my mind run wild with this until we have all the facts. Until then, its just another unproven accusation.

This story is way over blown. It's just because it's about the Pats that it has legs. If the Bill's did it to Denver we would not even know about. Time for a new issue. If the Jets had won it would not even make the news. Sour grapes is the real story here.

Once again the news media makes a mountain out of a molehill. This Fitchburg State graduate obviously never played big time football. (Does Fitchburg even have a football team?) He can't know or understand the cryptic code relayed from a DC to his "Mikeman" on field.

Even if he did intercept them how does he communicate it to the Pats bench and how do they use it ? The usual procedure is that the Offense calls the play and sends in it package of players. Having done so, the defense responds. In the time between plays the Pats OC can't have any defensive information prior to putting his O package of players, say 2 TE a FB and a RB into the huddle. They will be penalized for too many men in the huddle, if they try to hedge.

Then the DC responds, after the fact. He sends in his crew and codes a call to the Mikeman. Intercepting it; understanding it; communicating it; to the OC and then informing the QB in time to audible is far fetched. The QB sees the defensive package and know whether they have a run or pass defense by the personnel on the field.

This demonstrates that is useless in real time; therefor it can't be used in the game.

It is only useful for future games, perhaps. The Pats are accused of doing this to two NFC North clubs they won't see for four more years. Off past history, those clubs will have two new HC before the Pats see them again.

What utter drivel..

As regards the Jets, the Pats will see them at least one more time this season. But they will have the benefit of legitimate film of the game, to analyze and the codes will surely change.

I have often wondered how teams notice a player giving away the play by a twitch or subtle placement of the foot or hand. It has to be done by the players on the field. If you were going to look for that, I would think a telephoto lens and film of the players of the players on the field would be a method to provide film to look for such stuff. But you would never film from the sideline to do that kind of study film. You'd do that from high up with a high power lens and focus on the players on the field, not the coaches.

Last edited:
This story is way over blown. It's just because it's about the Pats that it has legs. If the Bill's did it to Denver we would not even know about. Time for a new issue. If the Jets had won it would not even make the news. Sour grapes is the real story here.

This is the best explanation I've heard yet.

Just imagine and suppose that in Mangini's wildest fantasies that the Jets won the game on Sunday. Would any of this be going down?

I got the sense from watching the usual suspects on ESPN/NBC (Parcells, Hoge, Schlereth, etc.) that everybody does this and everybody knows everybody does it. It's just the usual dirty tricks in the NFL. Otherwise why would Goodell issue a memo about it?

BTW, our good friend Pete Prisco is subscribing to the guilty unless proven innocent theory, as he writes in today's Power Rankings update, "The Patriots went into New Jersey and showed off their high-flying offense, much to the dismay of the New York Jets. Of course, knowing the defense thanks to a sneaky cameraman helped."

Of course this is because of the sour grapes between the Jets and Patriots. Since becoming a Dynasty the Patriots have been held to a "higher" standard. We are expected to be the roll model franchise. We are supposed to have players with great characters and not "stoop" to the level of other teams and pick talent over character. Were a football team like any other, we go out to win games. No different. And when there is so much as an accusation that we aren't a perfect roll-model franchise, football and the media go wild. Double standards are bull****. I would be extremely supprised if there is any substance to these allegations.

I got the sense from watching the usual suspects on ESPN/NBC (Parcells, Hoge, Schlereth, etc.) that everybody does this and everybody knows everybody does it. It's just the usual dirty tricks in the NFL. Otherwise why would Goodell issue a memo about it?

BTW, our good friend Pete Prisco is subscribing to the guilty unless proven innocent theory, as he writes in today's Power Rankings update, "The Patriots went into New Jersey and showed off their high-flying offense, much to the dismay of the New York Jets. Of course, knowing the defense thanks to a sneaky cameraman helped."

Prisco is a complete tool. He has the Chargers second? After that performance? Wow. What a boob.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Back