PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cam says he would be happy to return to the Pats

I wouldn't mind a Jimmy-Cam tandem. We know Jimmy will miss a few games a year. If the weapons are better, Cam might be able to grind out some wins against average teams. And he can run some trick plays, he caught a TD from Meyers. Maybe he can play a little TE... If he was willing to convert from QB to more of a swiss army knife playing all over, including reserve QB, he would be awesome to have.
You could certainly do a lot worse *cough Brian Hoyer* for a backup than a guy who went 7-8 against a tough schedule with no weapons

Hard to blame him for the ACL.

The entire leadup to the ACL was entirely on him. He should have known the play was over but he was fighting for pointless 1-2 yards and got hit awkwardly because he exposed himself to a hit like that. It is exactly the same reason he couldn't stay healthy for more than a game in 2016 and wrecked his shoulder against the Dolphins.

He just doesn't understand when to let plays go. That is not being competitive but irresponsible and dumb. And what's worse is that he doesn't seem to have learned from it.

The entire leadup to the ACL was entirely on him. He should have known the play was over but he was fighting for pointless 1-2 yards and got hit awkwardly because he exposed himself to a hit like that. It is exactly the same reason he couldn't stay healthy for more than a game in 2016 and wrecked his shoulder against the Dolphins.

He just doesn't understand when to let plays go. That is not being competitive but irresponsible and dumb. And what's worse is that he doesn't seem to have learned from it.
If that’s it, then it’s easily fixable.

I hope Cam does well - for another team. I got worn down last season having 0 chance of winning when we got down by any substantial amount of points. I like Jimmy G but then we would probably need a more than decent back up to play x number of games who is not Hoyer, not Stidham, and not Cam. I ruled out Stidham because after some of Cam's most horrible performances, BB saw enough lacking in Stid to only put him in after a game was way out of hand.

So what retread do we sign for an outrageous some of money who is probably only marginally better than the 3 QB's we had last year? I think we would be better off rolling the dice with our 15th Pick and draft a QB. If he shows anything at all in training camp, start him. I would rather have another mediocre year with a learning curve for a rookie QB that potentially gives him experience to become really good. Why not? We still have a good offensive line to protect him. IMNSHO, we need to deficate or get off the pot with our QB situation and instead of rolling the dice with another retread let's try to draft a QB and give him a chance to play right away.

Never thought about that... good point. As a backup, he could be Taysom Hill on steroids. I'm sure he has the humility to be a backup QB, but this would require two QB's willing to accept lesser reps, something easier said than done.
Yeah, a lot of folks turn their nose up at that concept but in certain downs/distances it makes a lot of sense. You also force the defense to have to prepare for both your starting QB and big old Cam Newton coming in for a RPO or gadget play. McDaniels can put together some creative ****.

Obviously Cam was a very inaccurate passer last year. His shoulder did not look good. But - with limited reps, maybe it works out better for him. And hopefully the guys catching his passes have been upgraded and can still make the reception if it's off target.

Welcome to the 2022 NFL draft.

With the 1st pick the New England Patriots select...

Just like the stray cat at my office - got food? I'm back!

At least the cat keeps the vermin away and is cute.

I wanted the Cam experience to work.

But alas, sadly it did not.

He was like a used vintage sports car with too many miles. It was fun for a brief moment, and then it showed its age from years of being driven recklessly and without having the regular recommended TB12 maintenance service.

Keeping the car around for another year while hoping for better results would be silly.

Belichick gave Newton more support in public than he gave Brady when he was spearheading championship runs lol

Yes, but that's like a parent with a pretty daughter and an ugly one constantly telling the homely daughter how beautiful she is.

One desperately needs the fake compliment, the other doesn't need the real one.

Newton's NFL career should be over. If Belichick tries to bring him back next season then both should be immediately cut by the Krafts.

this is a much more feasible situation than Bill the Coach playing and starting a rookie

So gracious of Newton to want to come back, but please God no. Cambria needs to ride his plaid, sequined, top-hatted steed into the sunset, not to be seen anywhere near the NE Patriots again.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back