PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cam Released

Reminds me of when BB chose to go with Brady over Bledsoe.

He said he based it on what he saw that pre-season.

Same can be said about this pre-season.

Mac made a strong case for being good now and IMO lots of future potential.

Cam IMO looked better than last season, but still IMO struggled to move the offense consistently.

Once Cam got behind on down and distance, the offense struggled.

I can only imagine how the coaching staff felt on 3rd and long with Cam in the game: not this sh!t again...
To be fair, 3rd and long is bad for most QBs. If memory serves me right Brady in his early years was a master at 3rd and 5 or less, but was a limited qb in longer distance.

Well it wasn’t hearing you it was that you make no sense. I assume you are saying Brady didn’t attract receivers?
AB, Gordon, Demaryios Thomas all came here in 2019.

that's a nice list of rejects......how'd they work out?

in other breaking news, Darth Vader is actually Luke Skywalker’s father!
WTF...I'm a little behind and haven't gotten that far yet in the storyline.

January....2022...home playoff game.....it's snowing....down 13-3....

BB officially takes training wheels off Mac Jones.
Okay...I'll bite...

Who's the kicker then for the white knuckle knuckle ball into the swirling Gillette night sky?

(this is of course after the never heard of before "snuck" rule call where a QB sneak results in a fumble, but the QBs left pinky was in contact with the ground meaning it's ground caused and the ball goes back to the offense).

that's a nice list of rejects......how'd they work out?
That wasn’t the question. Actually im
not sure what the question was because your post was illiterate.
If you have a point you are trying to make, go ahead and state it in English.

It's been clear from watching the preseason games that Mac Jones throws a better ball, goes through his progressions faster than cam and is just overall a better QB at this point.

Cam basically looked like the same player. 2-5 last game throwing balls into the dirt

I hate to rain on anyone's parade. But it is highly debatable that Hoyer is any better than Cam should Mac go down or poop his pants in year one. We have no competent backups. That is true for most teams, but it would still be nice to have some insurance. Not saying Cam was that, but the unbridled joy from some at Cam being cut is a bit weird. It is pretty unlikely it will make the team better. It frees up a roster spot. But the odds of a bubble player making a significant impact are pretty low.

Would it be considered insensitive if Mac asked to switch from #10 to #1? Good time to jump on a current -2 1/2 point spread for the Dolphins game. Does Mac harbor any revenge notions against Tua who beat him out for the Alabama QB job?

I hate to rain on anyone's parade. But it is highly debatable that Hoyer is any better than Cam should Mac go down or poop his pants in year one. We have no competent backups. That is true for most teams, but it would still be nice to have some insurance. Not saying Cam was that, but the unbridled joy from some at Cam being cut is a bit weird. It is pretty unlikely it will make the team better. It frees up a roster spot. But the odds of a bubble player making a significant impact are pretty low.
We are happy because Cam sucks and Mac is starting.

If you watched the preseason games it was painfully obvious how much better the offense was with Mac.

Won't make the team better?

You have got to be kidding me.

I think Miami is going to put a hurting on Jones. While we are overjoyed at no more Cam, the rest of the league is psyched to get a rookie QB with only 13 games of college experience and only 10 sacks in his college career.

Still, I would rather grow with Mac than be stuck with Cam.
Complete nonsense. Outback Bowl against Michigan Mac gets drilled and loses a molar. Never missed a play. Uche even said he and other Wolverines were impressed as hell with his toughness.

I hate to rain on anyone's parade. But it is highly debatable that Hoyer is any better than Cam should Mac go down or poop his pants in year one. We have no competent backups. That is true for most teams, but it would still be nice to have some insurance. Not saying Cam was that, but the unbridled joy from some at Cam being cut is a bit weird. It is pretty unlikely it will make the team better. It frees up a roster spot. But the odds of a bubble player making a significant impact are pretty low
Someone posted this earlier, if you have 2 starting qb's you have none. Bill lived through it twice as head coach, the Browns and with Bledsoe. As soon as the starter struggles everyone is calling for him to be benched, or the other qb is *****ing. Much better for everyone involved to let Cam go and find a new spot or retire. It is now Mac's team, not Mac's team unless he struggles.

January....2022...home playoff game.....it's snowing....down 13-3....

BB officially takes training wheels off Mac Jones.
Now you’ve done it, you’ve let my imaginations and expectations run wild.

Week 4, Jones has some early struggles but hangs tough, defense can’t really stop Brady and the Bucs but comes to play and earns their respect.

Then, an unexpected February rematch…..

Hoyer beat him out.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back