PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

c-Dill's offseason program

Status
Not open for further replies.

the taildragger

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Just heard on ESPN that Dillon was "extremely dissapointed" with the way things went last season when he "tried to take one for the team and play through a high ankle sprain."

He hired a personal trainer this offseason who's had him on an intense program which includes running up sand dunes. No joke. Claims he feels better and stronger than ever...

if we get anything resembling a consistent running game next year look out.

Last edited:
Count me in the group that feels that CD will have a BIG year again next year.

Dillon was the big mytery of the year. This is good news as a high ankle sprain could explain a lot. Especially as he was supposedly in great shape coming into camp.

His "discussion" with Brady on the sidelines of the Raider game still bugs me, though, it seemed like Dillon had some attitude issue that Brady was trying to wipe out in game one. Maybe it was just one of those things. A healthy Dillon is an incresibly important piece to 2006.

Corey's demise has been greatly, hysterically exaggerated HERE and in the media. It's clear the Pats need to draft his heir apparent - and would have been clear even if the guy had made the Pro Bowl last season. But he's not done, he is THE STARTER at running back next year, and people needed to F-ing relax.

patsox23 said:
Corey's demise has been greatly, hysterically exaggerated HERE and in the media. It's clear the Pats need to draft his heir apparent - and would have been clear even if the guy had made the Pro Bowl last season. But he's not done, he is THE STARTER at running back next year, and people needed to F-ing relax.

he was obviously playing in pain last year even though he didn't make a single excuse -- o-line flux didn't help either. pretty heroic stuff IMO. you don't go from 4.7 to 3.5 a carry just because you're a year older (another prediction that will blow up on Borges).

And after hearing for a year that he's over the hill, he'll not only be healthy but will have a nice big chip on his shoulder too.:rocker:

Last edited:
I for one don't see a need to draft a RB at 21. I think that we may grab one in the 3rd, but CD has at least one, if not two, 1000+ yard seasons left.

Dillon was clearly never 100% last season. You don't go from the best season of your career to being "done" that quickly, the odds of that happening are not very good. Count me in on the ones who think Dillon will bounce back strong this year assuming he remains healthy.

BelichickFan said:
Dillon was the big mytery of the year. This is good news as a high ankle sprain could explain a lot. Especially as he was supposedly in great shape coming into camp.

His "discussion" with Brady on the sidelines of the Raider game still bugs me, though, it seemed like Dillon had some attitude issue that Brady was trying to wipe out in game one. Maybe it was just one of those things. A healthy Dillon is an incresibly important piece to 2006.

No mystery, Dillon ran for over 700 yards despite injuries to both legs.

In the first Buff game, Pass went down, Faulk was injured, (I think) and Dillon came in and ran enough to win the game on one leg.

In the process he injured the calf in the other leg.

And he still ran for 700 yards! Where is the mystery here!!??:confused:

Corey Dillon is a mean nasty S.O.B. and that's why we got him.

He probably goes to message boards and reads all the whines about him from us out of shape, Frito munching, arm chair quarterbacks and imagines stomping all over our faces as he runs up sand dunes all winter with lead filled army boots on.

Welcome back Corey.

And good luck.:D

Last edited:
I don't think that BB and Pioli would have given him the contract they did last year if they didn't think he had at least a couple of good years left on him! Had heard at the end of last season that he'd had the bad ankle and that was why he so often ran to the left as he couldn't cut as well to the right. Hard to be effective if you can only run one way well! If he's better this year, look out!

with a Healthy Font line Cory will be back in step

the taildragger said:
Just heard on ESPN that Dillon was "extremely dissapointed" with the way things went last season when he "tried to take one for the team and play through a high ankle sprain."

He hired a personal trainer this offseason who's had him on an intense program which includes running up sand dunes. No joke. Claims he feels better and stronger than ever...

if we get anything resembling a consistent running game next year look out.
I always thought last year he had injuries..and was just doing his best. Frankly, I think the injuries to many were worse and BB did a masterful job getting the team into a winning mode...but beyond that. I have thought CD would have a better year..thought talk of him being all done was quite dumb..and looking forward to a big year from him. No surprise in knowing about a sprain...he had a number of injuries and did the best he could.

If you looked at the tape in slo-mo you could see that he had more trouble running to his left than he did to his right. Didn't push off a quickly as he had.

There was no question in my mind that he was palying with an injury.

This year I hope he shows up completely healthy , with big chip on his shoulder.

the taildragger said:
He hired a personal trainer this offseason who's had him on an intense program which includes running up sand dunes. No joke. QUOTE]
If he still lives in Washigton state and is going to the Oregon coast, those babies are high! I don't know if Washington has high sand dunes also.

Mosi Moose said:
I for one don't see a need to draft a RB at 21. I think that we may grab one in the 3rd, but CD has at least one, if not two, 1000+ yard seasons left.

I also would be very surprised also, while I do not know all the candidates and their qualities, I see a LB, DE or even another TE.

the taildragger said:
another prediction that will blow up on Borges

I wish SOMETHING would blow up on Borges...preferably his laptop.

I agree with that assessment also.

PatsChick87 said:
I don't think that BB and Pioli would have given him the contract they did last year if they didn't think he had at least a couple of good years left on him! Had heard at the end of last season that he'd had the bad ankle and that was why he so often ran to the left as he couldn't cut as well to the right. Hard to be effective if you can only run one way well! If he's better this year, look out!

I dunno. Jeff Gordon can only turn to the left and he's doing fine.

Well when BB is the coach..we never know full extent of any injury until it doesnt matter anymore. To me..Corey looked slower...and not as tough. He didnt try to run people over..he gave a small shoulder and took the hit but not what the old Dillon was like. Injuries played a big part in his play and teams play with our OL being wiped out aswell. We didnt know Brady had a hernia till after season..just hope he has 2-3 years left for us. As for the draft.. I still hope we get a RB early. Right now, I prefer an explosive compliment to Dillon. A guy like Maroney, Williams or Drew. None of these will last to us into 2nd round so its basically Maroney who will likely be the best option at 21 with Williams likely going a little earlier and Drew being too early to be taken at 21. I wouldnt mind Drew at all though if we can move up in 2nd. He can serve well on KR/PR and 3rd round explosive back or to give Corey a breather. Faulk is 30 years old so he doesnt have that much left either,

cubedoggy said:
I wish SOMETHING would blow up on Borges...preferably his laptop.

An equal or better bet would be the mirror blowing up next time he looks in one.

...but seriously. Dillon was playing hurt, which is "good," because that creates hope that he'll be the old Dillon soon. Two little remaining issues though -

1. We don't know how long until he's the guy we remember from 04 (if ever,) because a chip on the shoulder motivating him to heal, and an excellent trainer, could be trumped by inalterable biology (read, aging,) and

2. It would not be a bad move to get his replacement on board sooner rather than later. Love the work ethic, love everything you've said, and great great great news that this former "attitude problem" guy is so motivated to get back to greatness. He is proving that his only "problem" was wanting to win. But Corey, dude, if in fact you do troll the boards imagining which Pats fans to stomp as you drag a sled of our water cooler bottles up mount everest wearing nothing but ankle weights and a loincloth (or whatever that visual was from earlier) - well, Corey, love ya but you're not getting any younger. Your "Bus" moment is coming in the next few years, maybe in the next couple (so add that to the motivational fire!)

Does this mean I am on the "RB at 21" bandwagon? No, but it does mean that I understand talk of Monroney and White sightings around town. If one of them is the best available player at 21, what do you think happens?

PFnV

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes