PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bledsoe declines to come out of retirement to join Jags

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ironically, that team, of all teams he ever played for, may be the best suited for Drew's pocket style. That's a team with a shot. Dallas and Buffalo had no shot, but I think the Jags have a shot.

Drew loves the out of doors too much to sacrifice any more body slams. At least he knows what he wants out of life. Many people are lost after they retire.

Come on! If Bledsoe didn't like football as much as you and others say, he would probably love to get paid and stand around all year and not do much as a QB. He might not have been the most dedicated guy in terms of preparation during the season and the offseason which is a knock on him and a lot of players in the league, but I think this was a pride issue not a lack of love for football.

I don't get why so many people still want to knock this guy. He helped this team to get where it is and we just needed Brady to take it the next step. The guy did give a lot of good years to the Pats.

He just didn't want to be like Testeverde, Brad Johnson, and other former starters and be a former productive starter who is making his living bouncing from team to team as a back up and fill in starter. A lot guys do the same thing if they have made their money and not just at the QB position. Not every QB wants to be Testeverde and play into their 90s even if it means being a 3rd string QB or the guy waiting by the phone for the next injury.

Ive read where Drew said the worst day in his life were the last day of summer vacation for him before football starts up.. He just does not love the game, he loved when he was the man , but he sure is not going to love it when he has to back up guys like david garrard and quinn grey... Bledsoe enjoyed everything else except all the work that went into being a great qb, instead he was a good qb that left a lot of potential on the field...

Ive read where Drew said the worst day in his life were the last day of summer vacation for him before football starts up.. He just does not love the game, he loved when he was the man , but he sure is not going to love it when he has to back up guys like david garrard and quinn grey... Bledsoe enjoyed everything else except all the work that went into being a great qb, instead he was a good qb that left a lot of potential on the field...

You read quotes from Bledsoe in a publication about his home town in Montana talking up how much he enjoys spending his time in his home town in Montana. Big freaking deal. People read far too much into Bledsoe's quotes because of their own pre-conceived biases against the guy. Nowhere has he even hinted that he didn't love football ever.

You, I, and no one else on this board know if Bledsoe loved the game or not. You don't like Bledsoe so you have apparently convinced yourself that he doesn't like football.

The ONLY thing we know about Bledsoe is that he isn't like Brady or Manning and willing to work hard all the time to get better including putting the time in at the facility during the offseason.

Brett Farve was very much like Bledsoe and escaped to his home in Mississippi the second his season ended and didn't return until he has to and he is going to the HOF. Does that mean Favre doesn't like football? Or does that mean that different players take different approaches to the game? I doubt anyone would ever seriously question Favre's love of the game, but he approaches the offseason the same exact way Bledsoe did.

Heh heh... talk about damning a guy with faint praise... and the above is from a Bledsoe supporter folks..!!

It may have come out the wrong way. Bledsoe took the Brett Favre approach to preparation instead of Brady's and Manning's approach. Favre looked as the offseason as a time to get away to his Mississippi roots and Brady and Manning approached the offseason as a way to work on their deficencies. The Brady/Manning approach is probably the better way to get into the HOF, but don't kid yourself to think many of the top QBs of now and the past didn't take Bledsoe's and Favre's approach.

On a side note, it could be Parcells' approach to QB's preparation. Because the biggest knock on Romo is his dedication to preparation. Both started their careers under Parcells.

You read quotes from Bledsoe in a publication about his home town in Montana talking up how much he enjoys spending his time in his home town in Montana. Big freaking deal. People read far too much into Bledsoe's quotes because of their own pre-conceived biases against the guy. Nowhere has he even hinted that he didn't love football ever.

You, I, and no one else on this board know if Bledsoe loved the game or not. You don't like Bledsoe so you have apparently convinced yourself that he doesn't like football.

The ONLY thing we know about Bledsoe is that he isn't like Brady or Manning and willing to work hard all the time to get better including putting the time in at the facility during the offseason.

Brett Farve was very much like Bledsoe and escaped to his home in Mississippi the second his season ended and didn't return until he has to and he is going to the HOF. Does that mean Favre doesn't like football? Or does that mean that different players take different approaches to the game? I doubt anyone would ever seriously question Favre's love of the game, but he approaches the offseason the same exact way Bledsoe did.

Sorry to dissapoint you , but I was big Drew fan, I came to his defense when people said Michael Bishop should start over him, and the whole platoon system was stupid.. But when I saw Brady, I saw things that Bledsoe did not work on since 96 , footwork, good descion making, and he had good coaching. When Bellichick came on board it was too late, Bledsoe felt he was not coachable.. Tom Curren had articles back in 2000 saying how people in the organization wondered if he had what it took to play at a elite QB level, which he never achieved.. He had some good seasons, but never approached what Tom Brady has done.. And that is because he never worked on his craft, and as a fan of Drew's , that is what dissapoints me..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back