PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bye week activity thread: Top 5 Patriots All Time WRs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
To me, the best Patriot receiver was Stanley Morgan by a mile. Different era, but he averaged 20-25 yards a catch early on and played here thirteen years. Don't care how you bunch them otherwise, because Moss was tremendous, but almost a rental in career and a lot of the rest are slot receiver types being compared to a game breaker.

How are you guys not including Gino Cappelletti in your lists? He's one of three WRs in the Patriots Hall of Fame (Stanley and Troy are others). He's the only WR to have had his number retired by the Patriots (#20), and he was actually AFL MVP in 1964 and even after 50 years, he still has more TDs than any other WR besides Stanley or Moss (barely). He was a superstar in the league. And for all the guys talking about Troy's versatility playing CB etc, Gino was actually Patriots kicker as well for the entire period and he lead the league in points scored for 6 years straight, and his Patriots points record took 50 years for Vinatieri to break.

Infact Gino is more like to go to Canton on the Seniors Committee than anyone else mentioned here besides Moss.

What about Cappelletti for Hall?

Come on, Gino is called "Mr. Patriot" for a reason. Shame on you all for not including him in your Top 5.

WR:
1) Moss
2) Morgan
3) Fryar
4) Branch
5) Who the F knows? Givens?

Slot:
1) Edelman
2) Brown
3) Welker

I can think of better than Givens for #5. Harold Jackson, for instance, Irving Fryar, Terry Glenn.

Greatest Patriot Receivers (not "Greatest Receivers to wear a Patriot uniform")

1. Gino Cappelletti
2. Stanley Morgan
3. Troy Brown
4. Deion Branch
5. Wes Welker

Edelman is clutch and a very, very important leader.

Young Branch was insanely good. Best route runner I ever saw until Antonio Brown.

Sounds like his real estate dealings.

lmao

Fryar was my hero when I was a kid and then the knife fight, the stabbings and then he went to Miami. And then this real estate stuff.

Very sad.

How are you guys not including Gino Cappelletti in your lists? He's one of three WRs in the Patriots Hall of Fame (Stanley and Troy are others). He's the only WR to have had his number retired by the Patriots (#20), and he was actually AFL MVP in 1964 and even after 50 years, he still has more TDs than any other WR besides Stanley or Moss (barely). He was a superstar in the league. And for all the guys talking about Troy's versatility playing CB etc, Gino was actually Patriots kicker as well for the entire period and he lead the league in points scored for 6 years straight, and his Patriots points record took 50 years for Vinatieri to break.

Infact Gino is more like to go to Canton on the Seniors Committee than anyone else mentioned here besides Moss.

What about Cappelletti for Hall?

Come on, Gino is called "Mr. Patriot" for a reason. Shame on you all for not including him in your Top 5.

Using their adjusted value number, PFR had him listed as 2nd behind Stanley Morgan, which I posted here in post #51.

Not mentioning Gino is like talking about top NBA players without mentioning Russell, which happens all the time with the youngins.

Edelman is clutch and a very, very important leader.

Young Branch was insanely good. Best route runner I ever saw until Antonio Brown.

Something I never realized until I started doing some research for this thread is that Edelman is the Pats leader in fumbles per game by quite a lot. That drops him down a notch or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST