PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"Buy/Sell" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sell. They wont win 7 games.

BUY OR SELL. The defense breaks the team record for fewest points allowed, which was set under BB and close to broken a few times.

Very tempting, but think ill sell. If Seymour plays like the beast he was then its a real possibility, but i have a nagging suspicion he'll not play all 16.

Buy or Sell: By Week 7 Chad Johnson refuses to play for the Bungles following a crap start to the season!

Very tempting, but think ill sell. If Seymour plays like the beast he was then its a real possibility, but i have a nagging suspicion he'll not play all 16.

Buy or Sell: By Week 7 Chad Johnson refuses to play for the Bungles following a crap start to the season!

Gladly buy. If only Vegas was taking bets on it. :D

Buy or Sell: The Giants make the playoffs.

Gladly buy. If only Vegas was taking bets on it. :D

Buy or Sell: The Giants make the playoffs.

buy they'll make but go no where in it.

Buy or Sell Instant replay of FG's Will cost a Team a game in the season due to a bad review

Last edited:
buy they'll make but go no where in it.

Buy or Sell Instant replay of FG's Will cost a Team a game in the season due to a bad review

I'll sell that. I think field goals are pretty cut and dry. I don't have a problem with that review. Although, it is tough to tell when it's right over the goal posts....

Staying on topic, Martin Gramatica kicks a game-winning field goal.

I'll sell that. I think field goals are pretty cut and dry. I don't have a problem with that review. Although, it is tough to tell when it's right over the goal posts....

Staying on topic, Martin Gramatica kicks a game-winning field goal.

I'm selling on the FGs as I'm almost positive that the rule is written such that balls going directly over the goal post are not reviewable; only balls that touch the goal post. And since I've only seen that debated once in 20+ years of football watching, I'll sell. :)

Gostowski kicks a 50+ yard FG.

ETA: I'll sell on Grammatica. Is he even kicking for someone?

Last edited:
If anyone's conflating on this board, either by themselves or in the company of others, they should be banned. I mean, if you can't write Hitch****, you sure as heck shouldn't be conflating in public. Now can we please get back to buying and selling?
:rofl:
Post of the month!

I'll buy that.

The disrespect card is played by someone OTHER than Harrison.

Since Brady deals from the same deck, I'll BUY.

BB lets Wes Welker kick a FG or an XP this season.

Since Brady deals from the same deck, I'll BUY.

BB lets Wes Welker kick a FG or an XP this season.

Sell...though it would be awesome

Two patsfans.com members will finally cross the line and meet somewhere to "have it out" over their disagreements on whether or not Adam Seward will be on the pats for the 2008 season!

A 6% chance of injuring it is more probable than a 4% chance, that doesn't mean it is likely to happen. If properly taken care of (which it wasn't last time, obviously) it should not be more likely that he breaks it than not, and that is my interpretation of "injury prone."

Obvious to someone who wants to say he isn't more injury prone. I would say another obvious thought would be that he got injured and re-injured thus he may still be more prone to injuring this leg(but that serves my point to much to be considered obvious just as yours does).

IMO as we speak you have to consider Thomas as injury prone until he proves he can stay on the field, be healthy, and play more than he sits. If he comes back and has a year completely healthy or even in which he doesn't re-injure the same leg than maybe we can make some conclusions that the second leg injury was a biproduct of rushing him back and that he wasn't more prone jsut mishandled. But until than stick with the facts that we do know, and we don't for sure that he was rushed back or mishandled.

Sell...though it would be awesome

Two patsfans.com members will finally cross the line and meet somewhere to "have it out" over their disagreements on whether or not Adam Seward will be on the pats for the 2008 season!

Sell. There are no more Adam Seward arguments.

Redd and Guyton make the team

Last edited:
Sell. There are no more Adam Seward arguments.

Redd and Guyton make the team

Sell. I dont think both make the team. I think one of them can find a spot on special teams and build from there. The other might make it to the PS.

Will Bill Belichick get asked the first day of Training Camp about NeverDieGate?

Sell. I dont think both make the team. I think one of them can find a spot on special teams and build from there. The other might make it to the PS.

Will Bill Belichick get asked the first day of Training Camp about NeverDieGate?

buy, he will be asked.

He will return the question with a scowl and the words This is a new season and that is in the past.

buy, he will be asked.

He will return the question with a scowl and the words This is a new season and that is in the past.

you didnt ask a question so i'm taking it.

Randy Moss will have at least 15 TD's this season.

you didnt ask a question so i'm taking it.

Randy Moss will have at least 15 TD's this season.

Easiest buy of this entire thread. :)

This would have been a bit more challenging ...

Randy Moss will have 15 TDs by Week 10. :)

Easiest buy of this entire thread. :)

This would have been a bit more challenging ...

Randy Moss will have 15 TDs by Week 10. :)

Im gonna have sell considering he had 13 by Week 10 last year.

Meriweather is a starter from Week 1

Im gonna have sell considering he had 13 by Week 10 last year.

Meriweather is a starter from Week 1

I'll SELL this one, but only because who starts isn't as relevant as how many snaps they get.

The RB corps will finish the regular season with no more than two fumbles lost. (They had zero in 2007.)

I'll SELL this one, but only because who starts isn't as relevant as how many snaps they get.

The RB corps will finish the regular season with no more than two fumbles lost. (They had zero in 2007.)

Just to note, I'm buying on Meriweather. I think he starts, and while you may be right it "doesn't matter" given the sub-packages, I guarantee you it matters to players who starts (no matter what they say). And I think BB knows its better for Meri's psyche to be a starter vs. backup. (Assuming he is to par or better than Sanders in practice, of course.)

As for fumbles, I will sell. I'd love to buy, but I think last year was an aberration.

Brady & Gisselle will break up by the end of 2008.

Just to note, I'm buying on Meriweather. I think he starts, and while you may be right it "doesn't matter" given the sub-packages, I guarantee you it matters to players who starts (no matter what they say). And I think BB knows its better for Meri's psyche to be a starter vs. backup. (Assuming he is to par or better than Sanders in practice, of course.)

As for fumbles, I will sell. I'd love to buy, but I think last year was an aberration.

Brady & Gisselle will break up by the end of 2008.

Sell. Gisselle is amazing, why would Brady break it off.

Junior returns before week 1

Sell. Gisselle is amazing, why would Brady break it off.

Junior returns before week 1
I'm buying that but only if there are no training camp injuries. He still didn't get his ring. But we already have 8 LB's on the roster: so if there are no injuries, who goes?

ILB - Bruschi, Mayo, Woods, Hobson
OLB - A Thomas, Crable, Vrabel, Ruud

edit: I reread my own post and realized that the way I said it didn't make sense. I should have said I'm selling unless there is a training camp injury.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents