PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Butch Stern on chad jackson

Status
Not open for further replies.
BelichickFan said:
You're getting a thread dedicated to your excellence if Chad catches a pass opening day :rocker:
I dont know on how they plan on using him but i remember telling you guys specifically that while i was at TC. Chad Jackson was fine. Everyday after practice he would come out from the bubble. No wraped thigh, no pain, no hobbling, just talking with other players, signing autographs (like my helmet :) ) and he could have taken practice any day.

My honest gut feeling was that he did pull his hammy that probably needed rest for a few days and instead of rushing him into practice to reinjure it they just rest him knowing about the Branch holdout and the Caldwell learning. While being rested he gets to learn the playbook faster for memory and he can still catch passes from Brady just not while practicing in front of the media ;) .

I dont want to make promises but Chad is fine. Nothing serious.

Last edited by a moderator:
SeanBruschi54 said:
I dont know on how they plan on using him but i remember telling you guys specifically that while i was at TC. Chad Jackson was fine. Everyday after practice he would come out from the bubble. No wraped thigh, no pain, no hobbling, just talking with other players, signing autographs (like my helmet :) ) and he could have taken practice any day.
Well no-one said that being a Belichick or Patriot fan is easy. He is, indeed, a man of mystery. I wonder what's really been going on when the media isn't allowed to watch . . . and why doesnt the media report that he was walking freely after practice ? :confused:

BelichickFan said:
Well no-one said that being a Belichick or Patriot fan is easy. He is, indeed, a man of mystery. I wonder what's really been going on when the media isn't allowed to watch . . . and why doesnt the media report that he was walking freely after practice ? :confused:
Most of the media leave the media tent like 10 -15 minutes before the end of practice to go to the conference room to hear Belichick and other players. Not all of them leave but i think most did when i was there.

BTW if someone gives me the argument how do you know his leg wasn't wrapped? I have the same authentic practice shorts as the team uses. You can hide nothing in those things. You'd be able to tell one leg being bigger than another.

I agree with NEM. I believe Jackson, if healthy, can step right in and equal Givens' production. The passing tree is really quite basic. It doesn't take a doctorate to comprehend and apply. There are only, what, nine routes? The reason most college WRs drafted high up fail is that they are poorly scouted. Size and speed are valued far over route running, toughness and savvy. With Jackson, we have a player who is capable of all those things. If he can simply step on the field and stay healthy, he will shine IMO.

PonyExpress said:
I agree with NEM. I believe Jackson, if healthy, can step right in and equal Givens' production. The passing tree is really quite basic. It doesn't take a doctorate to comprehend and apply. There are only, what, nine routes? The reason most college WRs drafted high up fail is that they are poorly scouted. Size and speed are valued far over route running, toughness and savvy. With Jackson, we have a player who is capable of all those things. If he can simply step on the field and stay healthy, he will shine IMO.
The problem isn't just comprehending the offense, it's that the WR needs to be in exact synch with the QB too. A RB needs the OL to block reasonably well and then to run. A WR needs the OL to block reasonably well, to run the correct route and run it exactly right. It's really not worth arguing about, the numbers speak for themselves - looking at just skill positions, WR and TE make less impact, on average, than WR.

That said I think Jackson can be one of the WR who has a big year because he has opportunity, a great QB and a very good OL.

I have a strange rope-a-dope feeling... Remember last year when some surmised that BB was rope-a-doping the league early on so as to take them by storm late? Not exactly true, but an entertaining theory. I have this image of a healthy CJ and Deion stepping on the field with Maroney and Ben Watson and Mankins and OCallaghan and BB unleashing an absolute juggernaut on the league. An offensive whirlwind that is just going to blow the league apart. And all those "patriots are in decline" minions are suddenly going to become terrified when they realize: The Patriot Dynasty is just starting.

PonyExpress said:
I have a strange rope-a-dope feeling... Remember last year when some surmised that BB was rope-a-doping the league early on so as to take them by storm late? Not exactly true, but an entertaining theory. I have this image of a healthy CJ and Deion stepping on the field with Maroney and Ben Watson and Mankins and OCallaghan and BB unleashing an absolute juggernaut on the league. An offensive whirlwind that is just going to blow the league apart. And all those "patriots are in decline" minions are suddenly going to become terrified when they realize: The Patriot Dynasty is just starting.
Seriously, if Jackson is all he's cracked up to be and Branch re-signs . . . WOW :rocker:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes