PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BSM Calls out Felger

Status
Not open for further replies.
And yet the Coach would agree with me on this point and not you. That's why he knows Jacksonville is a good football team. He's the expert here, not you. If they show up and play like they did in the Miami game, they're going to lose tonight. The sad thing is that your ego won't admit I'm absolutely right.

If a 1-15 football team can shut down the greatest offense in NFL history for a 30 minutes. What's a 12 win football team going to do?

No, the coach would NOT agree with you. But you keep telling yourself you know something when you clearly don't.

BTW, SFBs, please show me where I said that Jacksonville wasn't a good team? Opps.. YOU CAN'T because I never said it.

My ego tells me that you're a complete and utter moron who doesn't know a damn thing about the game. That is what I can admit to.

And yet the Coach would agree with me on this point and not you. That's why he knows Jacksonville is a good football team. He's the expert here, not you. If they show up and play like they did in the Miami game, they're going to lose tonight. The sad thing is that your ego won't admit I'm absolutely right.

If a 1-15 football team can shut down the greatest offense in NFL history for a 30 minutes. What's a 12 win football team going to do?

You clearly didn't watch the game. The Pats are human. They made some mistakes. So what. Sh!t happens.

As for a 12 win football team? They lose to the Pats just like any other team. Look at the Colts. Look at the Cowboys. Look at the teams that the Pats PREVENTED from getting 12 wins by the Pats beating them..

i like that people are actually arguing with this troll

keeps him around for the rest of us to laugh at :)

Last edited:
I'd rather go 0-16 than go 16-0 and lose in the Playoffs.

Hi Mike!
Good to see you posting here. Do me a favor though. Ask Sara if she wants her bra back. If not, I'll just toss it. I've no need for it.

December wasn't meaningless. Home field advantage and a bye week were up for grabs. Of course, they still were mediocre with those on the line.
Lol, if you're not satisfied with a team that has to win a few close ones but still goes 16-0, I can't imagine any team you'd be happy with. Maybe you should stick to noncompetitive hobbies like gardening?

Last edited:
Looking at 1 or 2 games (wins!) in a 16-win season and saying that a QB or team "exposed" another is ridiculous.

Similarly, people should not look at least week;s game and think it necessarily representative. If that were the case, Jags fans should be concerned -- a rushing Pitt team moved the ball and without their best rusher, and was a third down away from the win.

So you just admited. Sh!t happens and they make mistakes. Well, welcome to my point. If they played that way against Jacksonville tonight. They're done. Finished. See Ya!

You just choose to gloss it over because the final result wasn't a loss. Which is exactly what all the local homer nitwits throughout the media have done except for Michael Felger.

They come out and play like crap, like they did against Miami, or the Jets, or Baltimore. They're outta here! That's Felger's point. That's my point. And don't let the record fool you, the margin between 16-0 and 13-3/12-4 is a few plays.

Of course you still want to believe Belichick's a genius.

Troll, I'm still waiting for your answer to my questions.

I hope that's a refundable deposit you put down on your Super Bowl trip. Boy, I'd hate to see a few thousand dollars go to waste on your blind faith in a team that has played down to its mediocre competition since Thanksgiving.

Again, the fatal flaw is out there. Lord knows what happens if the 56 year-old Seau goes down. Just remember, this team is ranked 4th in the league in defense, largely because of their offense, not the other way around.

And defense wins Championships.

What exactly is the allure of this Jaxsonville team to you?

What was it about their performance last week that has enamored them to you?

What part of being 16-0 is incomprehensible to you? Even coming out and playing "flat", they were literally better than everyone else.

What part of "plain vanilla defense" do you not understand?

This coach is truly one of the great motivators of all time. This is in addition to being one of the great coaches of all time. This guy takes care of his boys, and his boys in turn take care of him. This is a system that works, and has worked for quite a number of years.

Your best impression of Chicken Little notwithstanding, these guys have shown over the course of the season they are the best of the best. My Gawd, they haven't even played a playoff game yet, and you're more than willing to write them off.

Just like a lot of other guys here, I just don't get you. You must be the proverbial casual fan that thinks he actually knows something about the game (and the team, heh-heh-heh).

Like DaBruinz says, come back here after the game (uh, you have to actually watch it!) and spout off. If you have the 'nads to do that, I promise you, we'll rip you the same efficient way the Pats will rip the Jags!

So you just admited. Sh!t happens and they make mistakes. Well, welcome to my point. If they played that way against Jacksonville tonight. They're done. Finished. See Ya!

So, let me get this straight? Your point is the obvious? If the team plays like garbage, they'll lose? Some point there. Nothing like stating the obvious and acting like you hit on some new revelation.

You just choose to gloss it over because the final result wasn't a loss. Which is exactly what all the local homer nitwits throughout the media have done except for Michael Felger.

I chose to see Felger for the mediot that he is. I don't gloss over anything. Unlike you, I recognize REALITY and realize that I don't need to state the OBVIOUS. And, unlike you, I understand the game, the game planning that takes place and the reasoning behind it. OH, btw, who cares if the Pats didn't score in an entire half against the Dolphins. They didn't need to. The game was already over. The Pats had a 28-0 lead. Its not like Miami put up 3 TDs in the 2nd half.

They come out and play like crap, like they did against Miami, or the Jets, or Baltimore. They're outta here! That's Felger's point. That's my point. And don't let the record fool you, the margin between 16-0 and 13-3/12-4 is a few plays.

Of course you still want to believe Belichick's a genius.

I believe Belichick is a genius because he is. You have no point. You've proven that. Time and again.

BTW, thank you for proving you didn't actually watch the games. The Miami game was over by half-time. The Jets weren't ever really in the game. The Baltimore game should have been worse, in the Pats favor, than it was because the Refs weren't calling everything they should have against Baltimore. That includes throwing Terrell Suggs out of the game for going after a referee and for getting 2 Unsportsmanlike Conduct penalties.

Go back to whatever hideyhole you came out. You're statements of the obvious and your ball-washing of Felger's stupidity aren't needed.

And yes, Felger is stupid because his "point" was that the Pats really aren't that good and that people should be expecting them to fail. THAT was his point.

I have to agree with Jaked on this one--the arrogance on this board is astounding. You would think that the opposition is just going to sh*t themselves before the game and hand it all over to the Pats.

That's the problem with nitwits like yourself and Jaked. MOST FANS AREN'T THINKING THAT WAY. And the Players sure as hell aren't thinking that way. Its you and him who exaggerate and erroneously portray fans as being arrogant when you clearly don't know what you are talking about.

And its pure I don't expect J'ville or either of SD or Indy, each with their own scores to settle with NE, to do that. I don't think Belijerk (, uh, I mean 'chek) does either--he's too smart for that. The Pats will need a good game in each of the two remaining in the AFC playoffs. Not saying that they're not up for it, but that is what it's very likely to take. While it's tough to imagine Brady and the O not scoring, if that happens (injuries, freak plays, turnovers come to mind) it could be a long night for NE, since I don't trust the D in a prolonged game against a running opponent who can keep them on the field a lot longer than they're used to. If tonight holds to season form, they won't need to worry about that because the Jags will be throwing a lot from behind, but if that script doesn't work, we could see a lot of 4th quarter camera shots of Tedy and Jr. sucking wind. As a non-directly interested fan, I just hope it's a good game....

Why did you even bother posting? Just so you could hear yourself talk? Or just so you could rehash what all the knowledgable fans already know and look forward to?

You lost all your credibility when you said.."fluke plays, poor weather or poor officiating?"

Oh, God help Tom Brady if there's a 15 mile an hour wind gust. Of course, fluke plays and officiating helped them in Baltimore didn't it?

Poor officiating in the Baltimore game? I guess you can say that since the refs clearly had their whistles away for most of the game until they couldn't NOT call the flagrant fouls that Baltimore was committing.

Your point is mute. Fluke plays? Hmmm. That Troy Brown strip last year in San Diego was as fluky as it gets? Caldwell dropping a pass any Special Olympian could have had? That's fluky. The incomplete pass in the snow against the Raiders - Fluky.

Those three things are major factors, not excuses. Unfortunately, this is a team that needs to play in a dome.

More proof of how much of a friggin joke you are. This team has played in the elements and beaten teams like Pittsburgh and Baltimore and Philadelphia. Teams with strong defenses. Yet, you belittle them for it. WOW. Nothing like being stupid.

Could you imagine if the Patriots were in the NFC how arrogant they'd be. The Patriots road to the Super Bowl goes through the third and second best teams in the league, just to get there. I'd be weary of making reservations for Arizona just yet, especially with how they've played since Thanksgiving.

All season long the Patriots have played at an extremely high level. All season long they've had bulls-eyes on their jerseys, facing every team's 'A' game, and the Patriots seem to have acquitted themselves very well, thank you.

These guys are ready.

Champions come in through the front door, which is exactly the way it should be. And tell me, why shouldn't these other teams be concerned - very concerned, I might add - that for them, the road to the Super Bowl must go through Foxboro?

You're not merely blowing smoke, you're whistling past the graveyard, and frankly, pal, we're not impressed.

You lost all your credibility when you said.."fluke plays, poor weather or poor officiating?"

Oh, God help Tom Brady if there's a 15 mile an hour wind gust. Of course, fluke plays and officiating helped them in Baltimore didn't it?

Your point is mute. Fluke plays? Hmmm. That Troy Brown strip last year in San Diego was as fluky as it gets? Caldwell dropping a pass any Special Olympian could have had? That's fluky. The incomplete pass in the snow against the Raiders - Fluky.

Those three things are major factors, not excuses. Unfortunately, this is a team that needs to play in a dome.

1.) The word is moot, you idiot, not mute.

2.) Fluke play example: a 2 yard dump pass designed to just kill clock (per the Colts themselves) that turns into a long touchdown because Patriots players run into each other.

3.) Weather example: The Jets and Patriots play a game in terrible conditions. It is almost universally acknowledged that terrible weather is a talent equalizer. The Jets manage 10 points, the Patriots manage 20, despite snow and high winds. Thus, while asking about weather having an impact, this is a game that was still a two score victory.

Now, again.... answer the questions, troll. I don't mind that you're just being a troll but, if you're going to do it, at least pretend to know what the hell you're talking about.

Last edited:
You obviously don't understand anything, because you're already making excuses should they fail. Screwy officating anyone?

If they call that flag on 4th down against the Patriots vs. Indianapolis on January 20th, you'll be the first one calling for Mike Pereria's head.

Sorry, but this is just laughable coming from the guy with absolutely NO credibility.

I haven't made ANY excuses. Care to make up MORE LIES? You've got some good ones going so far. Why not make up some more?

Most fans? Well it's obvious you're thinking that way. You think Belichick's a genius, winning on a 40 degree night with no wind against the Eagles are elements and that they can't be beaten by anyone outside of crappy officiating.

Game. Set. Match. Me. If they play like they have since Thanksgiving. They'll lose. If this team finds itself and plays like the team that kicked the living crap out of the Chargers, who came in with revenge on their minds and with everything to play for, in Week 2. They'll win the Super Bowl.

*ROFLMAO* Only a friggin moron would think you've proven a damn thing.

1) Belichick IS a genius. His IQ is well over 140. I've heard in the 150-160 range.

2) The Patriots have played well since Thanksgiving. What you write off to poor play, I write off to the OTHER TEAMS STEPPING UP THEIR GAME to try and end the Pats unbeaten season. Its something that every commentator and sports reporter has mentioned on numerous occasions. Something you've not mentioned, but is FACT.

3) Please stop lying. You only make yourself look even more stupid than you already do. I've never said that the Patriots can't be beaten. In fact, I've NOT commented on who I think would win a game ALL SEASON LONG. Not once. So, please STFU already.

The Steelers finished 15-1 in 2004, it didn't help them out when they made mistakes against another good football team.

You all think that just because the Patriots ran the table in the regular season that there's some kind of aura of invincibility. There isn't. The difference between going 16-0 and 15-1 with the second seed in the AFC and a date at the RCA Dome in a week is that 10 point comeback. (I.E. Indy brings out the guns and tries to blow Tennessee out in the first half, locking up HFA)

MORE LIES ON YOUR PART. The only person making any sort of invincibility claims is YOU. YOU are the one claiming that fans are thinking the Pats are invincible. Yet, you've not shown a single quote from another fan saying anything of the sort.

As for Jacksonville. They've won 12 games in a division that sent three teams to the playoffs. They have matchup problems of their own, but they're good enough, that if the Patriots come out and play the way they did against Baltimore or Philly or the Jets or the Dolphins or the Giants, i.e. five of the last six games. There aren't going to be many fingernails left tomorrow for many members here.

And in a close game. Anything can happen. The Jags are the perhaps third best team on the board right now of the final eight.

The Jags won 12 games in a division that COLLUDED to send 3 teams to the play-offs. You seem to gloss over the fact that Fisher and Dungy had "an agreement".

You keep saying if the Pats come out and play the way they did against Philly, the Jets, Miami, or Baltimore, they're going to lose. But you're wrong. First and foremost you aren't clairvoyant so you need to stfu with your predictions as if you have some factual basis for them. Secondly, The Pats owned the game against both the Jets and Miami. The Baltimore game should never have been as close as it was. Any EDUCATED FAN would know that. As for the Giants game. The Pats made some mistakes. It does happen every game. They still over-came them. Will they over-come them against the Jags? Who knows. But I wouldn't bet against them because of the things they've over-come so far.

The Steelers finished 15-1 in 2004, it didn't help them out when they made mistakes against another good football team.

You all think that just because the Patriots ran the table in the regular season that there's some kind of aura of invincibility. There isn't. The difference between going 16-0 and 15-1 with the second seed in the AFC and a date at the RCA Dome in a week is that 10 point comeback. (I.E. Indy brings out the guns and tries to blow Tennessee out in the first half, locking up HFA)

As for Jacksonville. They've won 12 games in a division that sent three teams to the playoffs. They have matchup problems of their own, but they're good enough, that if the Patriots come out and play the way they did against Baltimore or Philly or the Jets or the Dolphins or the Giants, i.e. five of the last six games. There aren't going to be many fingernails left tomorrow for many members here.

And in a close game. Anything can happen. The Jags are the perhaps third best team on the board right now of the final eight.

1.) In 2004, the 15-1 Steelers lost to the 14-2 Patriots. Neither team was unbeaten and both team were better than this Jacksonville squad

2.) Jacksonville was 11-5, not 12-5

3.) The Patriots put up 38 points on the Giants. Only an idiot (that would be you) would point to that game as an example of how this team could lose.

Oh my god. Other teams step up their game. Please. It's the National Football League. That's what they get paid to do.

Learn how to quote moron. Damn you are stupid. And, if you think that every team brings their "A+" game every week, you are so stupid its not even funny.

Are you telling me Jacksonville isn't going to step up their game tonight?

I never said any such thing. But you have this habit of lying and acting like people actually said it.

Or are you saying that the reason this team has played mediocre the last six weeks is that because they step it up only when they feel like it?

The team didn't play mediocre. That's the problem with you. You're basis for comparison is skewed to the point of idiocy. You don't take into consideration that the competition stepped up their games and treated the game against the Pats like it was the SuperBowl. And you act like the games, for the Pats, had meaning, when they didn't. The Pats could have lost the last 3 games of the year and STILL had HFA throughout the play-offs. But they didn't lose, did they? They won every game. They perserved and over-came their mistakes.

When they feel like it? That's a dangerous way to think don't you think?

Why do you insist of making things up? Please show me where I said, "When they feel like it?"

OH, and maybe you should do some homework on what the Pats opponents did in games FOLLOWING the one they lost to the Patriots. Only 4 teams won their next game. So, 75% of the Pats opponents went on to lose their next game. Why? Because of the emotional, mental and physical drain that they experienced after playing the Pats.

Do I like the Pats chances in this game? Yes. For a variety of reasons. Some of which are how good the Pats offense is. How under-rated their defense is by jokes like yourself. In the 8 years coaching the Patriots, the Patriots have only lost 2 games after a bye week. The last one being in 2002 against the Broncos when the Pats were in the process of rebuilding their defense and switching it to the 3-4 that the Pats employ today.

But Its hardly definitive. Nor do I act as if it is definitive. Unlike you. Who claims to be clairvoyant and thinks that he knows something about football. You aren't and you don't. You've proven BOTH.

This entire thread is about Mike Felger suggesting the fact that this team isn't invincible. Really? Are you THAT STUPID.

Are you so friggin stupid that you don't understand Mike Felger taking idiotic potshots at the Patriots? Are you that stupid to not know when a mediot like Felger is making things up?

Sure, there was an "agreement", who's fault was it that Cleveland couldn't beat the Bengals the week beforehand with the ability to clinch? The Browns have themselves to blame for missing the playoffs.

Yes, the Browns have themselves to blame, but when one coach says that the teams had an agreement on NATIONAL TELEVISION, its called collusion. You might want to do some homework there chumly.

Stop with this mistakes crap. If they make mistakes. They're done. That's the point. You obviously think they'll overcome them every single time. They won't. They aren't facing the Poor Sisters of the North anymore. If they make mistakes like that against Jacksonville. They'll lose. If they do it against Indy. They'll get mauled.

See, this is the problem with mental midgets like yourself. You think that just because a team makes a mistake, they are going to lose the game. WRONG. The Patriots have made mistakes ALL SEASON LONG. And they've continued to win. Maybe you should listen to the players when they say that BB has reamed them after every game because of mistakes. Mistakes that they over-came so they could win the game.

Listen, if/when you know something about the game, please feel free to post. Until then, STFU already. You're idiotic spewings and blatant lies about what I think because you don't have the mental capacity to think beyond your nose really is tiresome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft