PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BS Taunting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excuses or not: (guess I can't help being p/o'd right now)

BS1: Morenos fumble called forward progress?
BS2: Flag for pass interference magically turned into a taunting flag??
BS3: Brady's fumble not reviewed for possible incomplete pass by the booth???
BS4: The play after; no booth review of that fumble either????

1 and 2 I think are just horrible calls. 3 and 4 I think more than likely were correct, but should've been booth-reviewed within 2 mins nonetheless...

On 1, while the ref did make a mistake in calling forward progress, the Patriots were lucky because BB was about to challenge that call, and Moreno was on th ground when he fumbled. The forward progress call was bogus.

On 3, it seemed pretty clear to me that Brady fumbled.

On 4, I thought that was also a fumble, as the ball started coming loose before he was on the ground.

If you also notice Belichick in the first half was incensed at the call of illegal substitution.

The two fumbles pissed me off more than the taunting call.

Meriweather is always taunting/talking **** when he's out there. It just who he is and getting a penalty was bound to happen at some point.

The taunting was a fair call. He was pointing at the player on the ground and making a gesture. Whatever he said was just gravy. Doesn't help the ref was 5 feet from them.

Cmon we all saw it, The d*ck head ref was pulling that flag out before Merriweather even got up. I think they were going to call unnecessary roughness but decided that it wasn't and didn't want to waive it off so they made up some BS. I almost threw the remote through the damn TV. THIS IS NOT AN EXCUSE THREAD, I REPEAT THIS IS NOT AN EXCUSE THREAD WE HAD PLENTY OF CHANCES TO WIN THIS GAME.
Yeah i think your right, he threw the flag for what ever reason then decided to call it taunting. It reminded me of hockey and seeing a phantom call.

It was a pretty critical call. It looked bad because Meriweather waved his hand right at the guy. A lot of times, DBs will celebrate a big play when they get up from the ground, but their momentum carried them far away. In this instance, when he got up, the receiver was right at his feet still so I can understand the call.

I also didn't like seeing Springs flexing out there after a pass break-up. Where was that super strength when you were being abused for by Marshall for that first TD? I saw Bodden celebrating after a few plays too. Overall, the secondary played poorly today, so it bothered me to see them celebrate when they actually made plays.

Yeah no kidding, Springs was flexing the 3rd down before they were going to kick the game winning field goal too. Get a clue Springs, there is nothing to celebrate moron, they have already beaten you, they just need the kick to confirm it.

Just goes to show ya how revved up Meriweather is. Even with this over-the-top taunting, I still love the guy...pumps me up watching the dude.

The illegal formation in the "wild horses" formation that wasn't called had me pissed too. If I remember correctly they made a first down on it. I am not a football genius and I was screaming as soon as they snapped the ball. Refs were a joke this game.

there were some bad calls but it happens. the officals are humans also and far from perfect, just like the players and the coaches.

They said that another official off camera also threw a flag....so that the one they saw was more than likely a picked up PI flag...and a different official threw it after the "taunt"..
You know thats the best explanation yet.

Just goes to show ya how revved up Meriweather is. Even with this over-the-top taunting, I still love the guy...pumps me up watching the dude.

the guy has played great this year. he is always around the ball.

meriweather is playing like a top safety in the league, I think that call was b.s. but stupid calls happen. i think the refs were "anti pats" because of all the drama the media gave them last week for being "pro pats" lol just my conspiracy theory

The taunting was a fair call. He was pointing at the player on the ground and making a gesture. Whatever he said was just gravy. Doesn't help the ref was 5 feet from them.

Woah, had a few while watching the game eh? Try watching the play today.

there were some bad calls but it happens. the officals are humans also and far from perfect, just like the players and the coaches.

I understand that people aren't perfect, but there is a GROUP of officials that talked about it, it wasn't even borderline and was at a critical time in a very close game. Group talked about it+totally idiotic call+at a critical time = not a mistake. It was premeditated.

Last edited:

But what's the booth's excuse for not looking at that fumble late in the game?

You can't stand over your opponent and taunt him like you're ******* Mohammed Ali. That's a flag. Meriweather is an idiot.

All I can say is if they're going to throw a flag for "taunting" on that, they damn well better start throwing flags on all these clowns who make a tackle and then dance around like idiots for 10 minutes afterwards. Jeezus, this stuff is getting ridiculous.

You can't stand over your opponent and taunt him like you're ******* Mohammed Ali. That's a flag. Meriweather is an idiot.

Worse happens on MOST plays and there is usually no flag for it.

Last edited:

QFT .

Furthermore he dont make the play . Its ridiculous.

the guy has played great this year. he is always around the ball.

Yeah, Ussain Bolt will be near on the play always . A good safety should be capable of make plays .

The two fumbles pissed me off more than the taunting call.

Meriweather is always taunting/talking **** when he's out there. It just who he is and getting a penalty was bound to happen at some point.

He is so smart in the field as on the field . I mean, the kind of smart of guys like Jared Allen or Shawne Merriman . But he dont make good plays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes