PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brush With Greatness - I Can't Stop Smiling

Status
Not open for further replies.
I flew a red eye home from LA once with Steven Tyler. The guy was a ham for attention too.

I didn't even acknowledge him as I walked by because everyone else was acting like he was a god

But he did have pretty hair

I got high with Stevie and Joe on more than one occasion back in the 70's, starting in the basement rec room of West Campus 3 at B.U., where Aerosmith did a few weekend gigs for the asylum inmates my freshman year. Last time I saw Joe was at Lupo's in Providence. He had started the Joe Perry Project after Aerosmith broke up and had gone straight. Guess Tyler did too at the same time because they reunited soon after and have been quite successful ever since. All I remember about Stevie was his girlfriend Bebe was an even bigger coke whore than he was. Joe Perry, on the other hand, is one helluva guy and one ferocious rock guitar player. I learned a lot from him back in the day.

No one knows who ernie adams is though - most ppl will think he's some middle aged pats fan.
If he thought you knew any more than that...well...then...he'd have to kill you.

As far as I know, you're just another fan, Darth...I mean...Ernie...really...that's all I know.

These other guys...I don't know what they're talking about...never met them before in my life...just minding my own business here.

I got high with Stevie and Joe on more than one occasion back in the 70's, starting in the basement rec room of West Campus 3 at B.U., where Aerosmith did a few weekend gigs for the asylum inmates my freshman year. Last time I saw Joe was at Lupo's in Providence. He had started the Joe Perry Project after Aerosmith broke up and had gone straight. Guess Tyler did too at the same time because they reunited soon after and have been quite successful ever since. All I remember about Stevie was his girlfriend Bebe was an even bigger coke whore than he was. Joe Perry, on the other hand, is one helluva guy and one ferocious rock guitar player. I learned a lot from him back in the day.
A guy from the neighborhood I grew up has played with Aerosmith and he still hangs with them. He also does stuff with Ringo Star and other musicians. His name is Paul Santo and he grew up in Weymouth.

Welcome to Paul Santo

Great story, nice writing. Thanks!

I did lines with Rick James at Studio 54 in 1979.

Not exactly something I have shared with my family.

Let's just hope none of them know your handle on this board, like this. . . .

Great story!

Am I the only one that thinks it's a little funny that he wears a Pats T-shirt in public? It's like Robert Plant wearing a Led Zeppelin shirt on a jog.

And it was mega-ratty/faded. I kid you not. I would never go out on public in that thing.

I am honestly in awe of the man. He truly doesn't give a bleep about social norms. He lives by no one else's conventions.

It just makes me giddy that an unassuming guy like him has 4 more Super Bowl rings than preening/pretentious Bill Polian.

There really should be a movie about him someday. He truly is what Bill Lee or Bill Walton aspire to be.

Last edited:
I went to the Red Sox game in Chicago today and sat behind the guy who plays the goofy guy from 30 Rock, the Sonic commercial guy from Holyoke who is apparently a huge Sox fan, and several other actors like that. They actually won the 50/50 raffle the stadium held for $8k, too.

I think your story is cooler, though.

I think "Pink Stripes" is a mind control ray that makes opposing coaches call passes instead of runs in critical situations.

He truly doesn't give a bleep about social norms. He lives by no one else's conventions.
You got that right. This pic must be from the 80's I'd guess? Possibly the Cleveland 90's? Ernie sporting the double knit polyester SLACKS on the field with a t shirt.....but if there was a movie about him, he is so mysterious, it would be a movie about nothing.
upload_2017-5-30_10-21-26.png

You got that right. This pic must be from the 80's I'd guess? Possibly the Cleveland 90's? Ernie sporting the double knit polyester SLACKS on the field with a t shirt.....but if there was a movie about him, he is so mysterious, it would be a movie about nothing.
View attachment 17162
Judging from the length (or lack thereof) of BB's shorts, that picture can't be any later than the mid-80s.

Great story!

Am I the only one that thinks it's a little funny that he wears a Pats T-shirt in public? It's like Robert Plant wearing a Led Zeppelin shirt on a jog.
To Ernie it's just a free t-shirt.

Judging from the length (or lack thereof) of BB's shorts, that picture can't be any later than the mid-80s.

I'm guessing this is 1979 while with the Giants. BB still had his bowl-ish cut.

upload_2017-5-31_10-40-16.png

1980 BB had a mustache.

upload_2017-5-31_10-42-39.png

Oh Bill, you heart-throb, you ...

giphy.gif

"Thanks, guys."

:)
34d8e5b29d41ff26a2535b353d2ad51ca4f416e8cc33ca67c56762dd7d87cc9b.jpg

I bought a water heater from Atz Lee Kilcher.
Does that count as a brush with fame?

His dad, Otto, offered me his half eaten chocolate cake at Fritz Creek General Store.
I declined. Not because I'm a germophobe, but because I'm trying to cut down.

This is is acceptable, even considered neighborly behavior in Homer, AK.

Was watching my daughter's (two of them) soccer game many years ago, standing by myself near the goal line. A man came and stood near me to also watch the game whom I assumed was a dad of one of the players on the other team. We soon started talking and spent time chatting about the game, benefits for our daughters, just two dads watching their daughters play soccer. After about 15 minutes a child came to him and asked if he was Garth Brooks, and he was. To this day, my daughters remind me of how clueless I was, not knowing I was talking with Garth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back