PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bruschi plans to return

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would prove interesting, not sure how he would fit into all of this.. a lot depends on his recovery for the current injuries,nothing bothers me more is athletes who continue on as their bodies break down and they become a shadow of their former selves.

Im ok with this, but I hope its just for the depth. I still hope Rodney comes back.

Let me preface this by expressing my appreciation for both Rodney and Tedy, but this Defense badly needs an infusion of youth. The young guys need to be integrated in order to become full-time players. As this past season showed, the young players (Guyton, Wilhite, et al) started to show real progress by the end of the season and the older guys cannot be counted on to finish out the year. Rodney tore his quadricep just changing directions on field turf. I think he's done. Tedy's injury was different, but he's only a spot player now, more of a coach on/off the field.

If he mentored Mayo as much as he did, I would welcome him back.

I think the plan for the past couple years was to limit Tedy's time on the field. However, it seems like every year injuries force him to take a greater % of snaps.

I love that he is coming back and should be productive as long as he's not asked to carry a huge workload. With the emergence of Mayo and Guyton I think Tedy can be a solid contributer once again.

It says Bru probably would have suited up if we'd played another week, he was fine so that's good news:) We can use the experience at that position especially with Junior probably back on speed dial status.

Can't hurt for depth. As shown this year we will probably need him.

As this past season showed, the young players (Guyton, Wilhite, et al) started to show real progress by the end of the season and the older guys cannot be counted on to finish out the year.

The defense did get younger, and at the end of the season the old players like Colvin and Seau were needed to fill in for the injured youth. How many "old" players are on the IR and how many of those players are rookies or players in their first few seasons? This year many of the young guys apparently couldn't be counted on to finish the season.

I would also welcome Bruschi back for depth, experience and locker room presence.

Awsome....We needed some good news to get this offseason going. So far all we have heard is how are caoches and front office may be else where.

I think there is definitely a role for Bru on this team next year. And I hope Rodney follows in his shoes as well.

Let me preface this by expressing my appreciation for both Rodney and Tedy, but this Defense badly needs an infusion of youth. The young guys need to be integrated in order to become full-time players. As this past season showed, the young players (Guyton, Wilhite, et al) started to show real progress by the end of the season and the older guys cannot be counted on to finish out the year. Rodney tore his quadricep just changing directions on field turf. I think he's done. Tedy's injury was different, but he's only a spot player now, more of a coach on/off the field.

As much as I'd like to see an immediate infusion of youth on defense, you cannot underestimate the intangibles and veteran impact that both these guys bring to the team. We are getting faster and younger, but it's not going to happen overnight and the Pats can be creative enough with IR, the inactive list and tweaking the roster to keep solid young prospects on the team (I think). And as you hinted at, most rookies don't make much impact until later in the year. By that time I we'll probably see some veterans lost to injuries anyway. Just a guess.

Harrison may in fact be done but I want to see Bruschi and him around the team in next year in some capacity, if not on the 53.

Guyton struggled when he was put out their to start and seau had to play their .I do not understand the getting younger even you know that player is struggling and costing a game.

You want more youth on De. Mayo, Guyton, Merriweather, Hobbs, Wheatley, Whilhite, all play pretty significant roles and are all youth not to mention guys in the wings waiting like Crable and Rudd and others. Plus we will definitely add a few rookies on de. Also plent of guys that are neither young nor old (Thomas, Seymour, Wilfork, Warren). I don't think we have a need for a infusion of youth the way we may have in the past. But hey if you want to go on spewing the same old crap and ignore the facts feel free.

Guyton struggled when he was put out their to start and seau had to play their .I do not understand the getting younger even you know that player is struggling and costing a game.

Guyton didn't really struggle when asked to start. He struggeled when asked to start at outside LB and than he was hurt.

Bruschi can take the place which junior took last season, it depends how these guys would go with less reps.

They are very professional so it should be ok.

They are still better than some UDRFA

Guyton didn't really struggle when asked to start. He struggeled when asked to start at outside LB and than he was hurt.

I disagree he struggled against the run when we played teams with running game brushi was in their . A SILB must be able to stop the run and he was struggling . Its strange that a rookie ILB was in for coverage
and not running downs as we know that college LB struggle in coverage but play the run better in the rookie season.

Last edited:
I disagree he struggled against the run when we played teams with running game brushi was in their . A SILB must be able to stop the run and he was struggling . Its strange that a rookie ILB was in for coverage
and not running downs as we know that college LB struggle in coverage but play the run better in the rookie season.

He is more of a coverage LB but I don't recall him getting picked on in the run game. There were a few games that we struggled against the run but I don't remember anything that would make me blame Guyton for it, if anything I recall it more being Warren's injury and later Seymour's that were the areas that struggled against the run.

Tedy can probably be effective as a situational, run down ILB. He cannot cover anymore and his pass rush skills have diminished.

One thing though. Bruschi is my all time favorite player and I hope that if in camp he cannot compete, he retires gracefully rather than do the sham year that Troy Brown did. I felt sorry for Troy that he couldn't even make it to the active roster even when he was healthy and he was only activated for one game to get him a token TD catch. I would hate to see Bruschi go out that way too.

I would love to see Tedy back. I still think that he has enough in the tank to finish one or two good years, the same goes for Rodney

:Dglad to hear this...IMO what Tedy may have lost in ability, he makes up tenfold in heart...and I think this season proved how important that it..

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes