PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bruschi picking Oakland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then you are not watching the games. But you will Sunday and you will see every player I mentioned make plays and contribute 1 way or the other. And right now Moore>Ford. Henandez is hurt coming off a knee. Woodhead meh, Right now your O is consists of 3 players, damn good ones but 3 none the less. Oh yeah don't forget our no name lame Oline is also playing a very high level at all facets.

I still see Pats as the favorites but my Silver and Blackness will not permit me to pick you guys in a win. Naw but for the Raiders to win we need to play damn good game but we do have a very good chance. I have also said it would be very very easy for the pats to come and blow us out! I do believe if teh game is close we will win it!

But I do watch the games. Look, it's not my fault that you suck at evaluating your team's talent because you're too much of a homer and it blinds you to obvious flaws. We've got a boatload of people like you on this board, too. I'm sorry to have to revisit the obvious, but Bush, Boss, Hagan and Reece are cogs, not weapons. They're nothing more than Branch, BJGE type players. In fact, Branch is the best receiver of the bunch, and BJGE has better numbers than does Bush, and I'm not only not arguing that either of them are weapons, but I'd argue that the Patriots will probably be better at the end of the year if/when Ridley is taking more snaps from BJGE and if/when Johnson is taking more snaps from Branch.

Also, Janikowski and Lechler are special teams players. They're not on the offense.

NO! Boss only played 1 game and made huge plays for us in that game.

Boss = Miller is Rec
Boss>Miller Run/Pass Blocking and it ain't even close.

Boss 2-36 1 game
Miller 5-41 3 games

Boss had already made a hug impact blocking against the Jets.

Considering that Miller has put up three seasons with significantly more receiving yards than Kevin Boss's best season, I'm going to have to say that you're wrong.

Boss is a better blocker, granted, but I'll take Gronkowski who is a much better receiver than Boss and on par in the blocking game.

1.) Look at the numbers Boss has put up.

2.) Miller is one of the better TEs in the league. Boss is not.

3.) Seattle is one of the worst teams in the league.

If your talking Boss numbers this year - you know he missed the first two games and just got back last week. If your talking for his career. He wasn't playing in a raider offense where the TE was the number 1 option as they had very inexperience Wr corp. (like Zach Miller) He played with Giants who has some very good weapons at WR and was way down the pecking order of targets.

2 Zach Miller is not beter than K boss. Defintely not the blocker and defintely can't stretch a field like he can. Zach Miller numbers were better simple because raiders were hurting for options in the ofense while Boss played on a Giant team with alot of weapons.

3 True its not fair to compare there numbers because Seattle Qb are bad and Jason campbell where ever hes been the Te always going to put up big numbers(he like to utilize the Te)

Considering that Miller has put up three seasons with significantly more receiving yards than Kevin Boss's best season, I'm going to have to say that you're wrong.

Boss is a better blocker, granted, but I'll take Gronkowski who is a much better receiver than Boss and on par in the blocking game.

You can't say Gronk a better reciever than Boss . The numbers don't bear that out. Let see his number this year(raiders utilize the Te more than Giants) versus gronk. I bet you Boss numbers will be better than gronk when this sason over with.

If your talking Boss numbers this year - you know he missed the first two games and just got back last week. If your talking for his career. He wasn't playing in a raider offense where the TE was the number 1 option as they had very inexperience Wr corp. (like Zach Miller) He played with Giants who has some very good weapons at WR and was way down the pecking order of targets.

2 Zach Miller is not beter than K boss. Defintely not the blocker and defintely can't stretch a field like he can. Zach Miller numbers were better simple because raiders were hurting for options in the ofense while Boss played on a Giant team with alot of weapons.

3 True its not fair to compare there numbers because Seattle Qb are bad and Jason campbell where ever hes been the Te always going to put up big numbers(he like to utilize the Te)

You can rationalize it however you want. Zach Miller is a significantly better receiving TE than is Kevin Boss, and that's really all there is to it. You'll have to forgive me for not being impressed that Boss put up a whopping 43 yards against the Jets, a team whose linebacking core isn't exactly fleet of foot.

You can't say Gronk a better reciever than Boss . The numbers don't bear that out. Let see his number this year(raiders utilize the Te more than Giants) versus gronk. I bet you Boss numbers will be better than gronk when this sason over with.

Yeah, actually we can.

LOL. Wow. Rob Gronkowski put up better numbers his rookie season than Boss has in any season during his entire career.

Not only that but Boss has one of the worst QBs in the league slinging him the rock. Doesn't matter how much the Raiders plan on showcasing their TEs when their QB is a steaming pile.

Last edited:

:confused:

Boss has a career high of 42 receptions, and has 2 so far this season.

Gronkowski had 42 receptions as a rookie, and already has 17 this season.

Only if Gronk isnt playing.

Brady is throwing to Gronk and Campbell to Boss. Theres no way I choose Boss with money on the line.

LMFAO..........

Kevin Boss

Let's see....no pass rush, lb's can't help on passing downs, safeties suck and the DB's have been terrible so far. Really, no need to run. Rest McFadden for next week. Campbell will look like Fitzgerald out there. ;)

Whomever has the ball last - albeit with at least 1:30 left on the clock, will win.

Coin Toss is critical in this game.

LOL!

Last edited:
LOL. Wow. Rob Gronkowski put up better numbers his rookie season than Boss has in any season during his entire career.

Not only that but Boss has one of the worst QBs in the league slinging him the rock. Doesn't matter how much the Raiders plan on showcasing their TEs when their QB is a steaming pile.

He's not playing in New York any more!

And by that token, while Eli Manning is a serviceable QB, Campbell is trash.

not this year so far, wasn't trash last year either. So as far as Candle goes in Oakland hes been serviceable!

This team may Henne look like a pro bowler.You think Campbell doesnt know where to attack this defense?The defensive backs have been a joke.Giving up huge play after huge play.:bricks:

LOL at anyone who thinks that Boss is as good of a receiver as Miller.

On the contrary, *every* number bears that out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST