Welcome to PatsFans.com

Bruschi: Can't question Brady's work ethic

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by BradyManny, May 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BradyManny

BradyManny Rookie

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0

Bruschi touches on Brady's offseason - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

That's for all you folks worried about the fact that he has a family preventing him from being an elite QB.
  2. emoney_33

emoney_33 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Last edited: May 11, 2010
  3. robertweathers

robertweathers Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I look at it this way. When TB came into the NFL, he had A LOT of work to do just to be competitive (physical condition, studying, praticing, etc.) and functional at his position at an NFL level.

I liken that to someone pursuing the career of a doctor, lawyer, or any professional who needs to put 1000s of hours into learning and become proficient at their trade.

In both cases, both still work hard but focus on maintenence, fine-tuning and improvement in certain areas.

Tedy may very well wear rose-colored glasses, but IMO TB has shown no evidence of slacking or not being prepared to excel during an NFL season.
  4. PatsFanSince74

PatsFanSince74 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +64 / 1 / -1

5. patsfan-1982

patsfan-1982 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0

ther is noting worng with he's work ethic he just don't have the team around him to win a SB he's stats last year where better then any of he's SB years

put a top 5 defense around brady in the next year or two and he will get ring #4
  6. emoney_33

emoney_33 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

It definitely boggles the mind.
  7. RodThePat

RodThePat Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I eagerly await for SnakeEyes' response to this thread.
  8. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +176 / 5 / -22

This whole issue is a function of bored, idle press...
  9. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +476 / 5 / -1

Let's face it. Bruschi is just a Patriots homer with no personal knowledge of the Patriots or Brady. How would he know anymore than anyone on this board about Brady's work ethic. It is pretty clear that Brady rather be changing diapers than working on his mechanics. It is clear he lost his passion for football. What does Bruschi know?
  10. Patspsycho

Patspsycho Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

How dare he contradict the posters who have never been inside Gillette stadium? Oh wait.. they're omnipotent, all-seeing and all-knowing.
  11. Deus Irae

Deus Irae PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +822 / 44 / -47

Disable Jersey

Long offseason.......................
  12. DaBruinz

DaBruinz Pats, B's, Sox PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +213 / 16 / -36

#50 Jersey

People questioned his work ethic when he got married to Gisele. They questioned it when he was dating Bridgette.

We have some of the most cynical fans that I have ever seen. And the worst ones are the ones who turn around and call people homers for sticking up for the team.
  13. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +970 / 24 / -44

No Jersey Selected

Expecting Brady to sacrifice watching his sons grow up in favor of lifting weights with the rest of the team during voluntary offseason workouts is just a little ridiculous. Brady will be there when the time comes that he has to show up. Until then, cut the guy some slack.
  14. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +476 / 5 / -1

I agree. Besides it isn't like Brady has ignored the entire voluntary workouts. Brady did work out with the team at least the second week of the voluntary workouts and he is with the team this week. It isn't like he left in January and wasn't planning to be back until June.
  15. condon84

condon84 Rookie

Ratings:
    +51 / 5 / -2

?

So Brady now travels back and forth two coasts, spends time with his two sons and wife, and still put the same amount of time into working out and watching film as he did while he was still proving himself? Wow. That's superhuman.:rolleyes:
  16. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +970 / 24 / -44

No Jersey Selected

Yes. We all know that film watching is banned during mandatory parts of minicamp and training camp and that Brady isn't allowed to work out anywhere except Foxboro.
  17. condon84

condon84 Rookie

Ratings:
    +51 / 5 / -2

So you're naive enough to think that Brady, newly married, now having two sons including a newborn, already having won 3 SBs, is still putting the same amount of time into football as he was when he was an undrafted FA proving to everyone he belonged?

I think Brady mentioned that family and football were the most important thing to him. It's easy to conclude, with his family evolving into what it is now, that he devotes more time into that aspect of his life.

EDIT: So just to make it clear, it doesn't mean I think we should get rid of the guy. I still want him to be our QB, but it's silly for us to believe that he still puts the same amount of time into football preparation as he did while he was single.
  18. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +970 / 24 / -44

No Jersey Selected

:bricks: That's not what I said. Brady was one of the most, if not THE most, diligent at his craft when he was younger. That's not the case now, though he is still pretty damn good at what he does. What I'm saying is that I can't blame him for making his family the number one focus in his life and football second. Anybody expecting him to do the reverse is an idiot.

As for what you said, my reponse is simply that there is still plenty of time to watch film and workout.
  19. BradyFTW!

BradyFTW! PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +118 / 2 / -1

#12 Jersey

The Pats' veterans have always been cut slack, as long as Belichick has been here. This is because he understands that a) they have families to attend to, b) they already know most of what they need to know, and c) they know what they have to do to get prepared for the season. The only thing that's changed is that Brady's become one of these veterans, and he's earned the right to do whatever he wants without random fans questioning him. The funniest part, though, is how his work ethic gets questioned by people on message boards who are posting about football rather than actually doing their jobs.
  20. Leave No Doubt

Leave No Doubt PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Of course he's a homer but that hasn't precluded him from having insight into the Pats and how they tick, and for sure the same can be said about his insights and understanding of Brady.

Bru's opinions and comments aren't necessarily dictated by his love of The Patriot Way, he's had some great comments and assessments in the past.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.