PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Browns' Barkevious Mingo traded to Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Patriots are a smart organization...the Browns, despite tons of top ten picks the past 2 decades, suck as an organization. I'm willing to let BB take a look at the SIXTH PICK in the 1st round of the 2013 draft. Personally, I LIKE LSU players as pros. No skin off our backs if he's truly a bust...but a 6'4" LB with 4.52 speed? Seems Like BB has used THESE types before on winning teams.

Ehh.... on the other hand, take a look at the steaming pile of **** that the Browns have drafted in recent first rounds, and realize that Mingo is part of that pile.

2007 3 Joe Thomas OT Wisconsin [26]
22 Brady Quinn QB Notre Dame [27]
2008No Pick — — [27]
2009 21 Alex Mack C California [28]
2010 7 Joe Haden CB Florida
2011 21 Phil Taylor DT Baylor
2012 3 Trent Richardson RB Alabama
22 Brandon Weeden QB Oklahoma State
2013 6 Barkevious Mingo OLB Louisiana State
2014 8 Justin Gilbert CB Oklahoma State
22 Johnny Manziel QB Texas A&M
2015 12 Danny Shelton DT Washington
19 Cameron Erving C Florida State
2016 15 Corey Coleman WR Baylor

There's a whole lot of stink coming off of that.

No harm in taking a flier on him and, while I think the price was a bit high, a 5th round pick is not outrageous. However, the odds are that he'll wash out.

Last edited:
Heck, if he's a good enough student, BB might teach him a position we've been sorely lacking for ten years...

56530675.jpg

...dropkicker. ;)
I wish that game had been against Harbawl.

Ehh.... on the other hand, take a look at the steaming pile of **** that the Browns have drafted in recent first rounds, and realize that Mingo is part of that pile.

No harm in taking a flier on him and, while I think the price was a bit high, a 5th round pick is not outrageous. However, the odds are that he'll wash out.

Agreed for the most part, but to be fair to Mingo, there was a lot of buzz on him at that draft. He was a late riser that a lot of teams were reportedly high on him. If Cleveland didn't take him he would likely have still gone in the next handful of picks.

Barkeeeevious

Barkeeeeeeeeeevious

I like saying that

Also,

Mingo. Mingo sounds like some sort of waxy discharge way down in the list of side effects. "May cause early onset cobbles, squalid non-salt smell, and Mingo, a serious infection that left untreated could become Barkevious,"

Barkevious Mingo. Barkeeevious Mingooooo. I am psyched.

Come on Barkevious, be good after all!

Bonus: Think of the initials.

I wonder if we can get Greg Robinson from the rams for a 5th or 6th by mid season. lol

Or we could keep it in the 2013 draft and go for Luke Jockel

We definitely need a tackle

We sure do, but nobody has extra OT talent to spare -- nobody.

Last year the Dallas Cowboys were considered to have the best OL in football. Their backup LT to open the season was Darrion Weems, a player who in 6 NFL seasons has played in just 1 game while being cut 5 times.

Barkeeeevious

Barkeeeeeeeeeevious

I like saying that

Also,

Mingo. Mingo sounds like some sort of waxy discharge way down in the list of side effects. "May cause early onset cobbles, squalid non-salt smell, and Mingo, a serious infection that left untreated could become Barkevious,"

Barkevious Mingo. Barkeeevious Mingooooo. I am psyched.

Come on Barkevious, be good after all!

Bonus: Think of the initials.

Mingo was the legendary black Sheriff before Blazing Saddles.

mingo is definitely better going forward than backwards, but he has zero power.

This is truly a bb special kind of project.

Don't know who Dustin Fox is or how good his sources are but the Pats might have really wanted Mingo,

Dustin Fox is Tim Fox's nephew. Tim Fox was one of the best Safeties to play for the Pats and was a starter on those good Pats teams from 76-81. I got to know him a bit after his playing days. He was a printing exec here in Boston and we played on a tag football team together for a few years

Dustin had few years in the league as well. I don't know what he's doing now.

Last edited:

Wow.

I know the draft is a crap shoot, but I thought the phrase referred to a game of chance involving dice.

Barkeeeeevious Mingooooo.

They're not saying "Booooo" they're saying "Barkevious"

We sure do, but nobody has extra OT talent to spare -- nobody.

Last year the Dallas Cowboys were considered to have the best OL in football. Their backup LT to open the season was Darrion Weems, a player who in 6 NFL seasons has played in just 1 game while being cut 5 times.

And Weems was camp fodder here, albeit as a rookie.

Idk why mingo hasn't panned out. Are shea and long safe to make the 53?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents