PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Browns agree to 7-year contract with Stallworth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: browns to sign donte stallworth

I like Stallworth. Tough player, seems to have a good attitude. Good luck, Chai.

PFT says he got 5 years/$35M with $10M guaranteed although I read elsewhere is was 7 years which matches the $5M you heard.

Yowza!!! for Stallworth!??

Yowza!!! for Stallworth!??
That's what PFT had - not sure if that money is 5 or 7 years, though, I heard 7 somewhere else.

Re: Browns sign stallworth to 7yr deal

great.

now what the hell are we supposed to do?

i quit.

I'm happy for Donte and his pet Martian. Who wants to bet he pops a dope test now that he's got his money? Over/under 9 months.

I'm happy for Donte and his pet Martian. Who wants to bet he pops a dope test now that he's got his money? Over/under 9 months.
Willie Andrews would have shared his stash, if he'd have any left.

Re: Browns sign stallworth to 7yr deal

great.

now what the hell are we supposed to do?

i quit.
If it's any consolation, NSA is starting his own cult.

If Stallworth got that kind of dough from the Browns, this certainly complicates matters with Gaffney and Moss.

Gaffney will probably command something in the 35 mil range for 6 years as he is a comparable WR. So Moss would........hmmmmm.. probably be in the 50-52 mil range over 4 years? YIKES!

Last edited:

well, if it's 35 over 7 years, that's 5 per year
what makes you think gaff will get more?

well, if it's 35 over 7 years, that's 5 per year
what makes you think gaff will get more?

if gaffney commands anymore than two mil per yr i say good luck elsewhere
we have always been able to get a good possession wr cheap, so theres no reason to overpay (i really like gaffney, but theres no reason to overpay when you can get the same production cheaper)

if gaffney commands anymore than two mil per yr i say good luck elsewhere
Was going to say the same thing. I don't care what the Browns paid Stallworth, Gaffney only has so much value.

If we get Moss back, I'm honestly fine with Washington or Jackson replacing that #3 spot.

Was going to say the same thing. I don't care what the Browns paid Stallworth, Gaffney only has so much value.

If we get Moss back, I'm honestly fine with Washington or Jackson replacing that #3 spot.

That's the problem I have with Gaffney. Nice kid, but I don't see him or Washington or Jackson stepping up if Moss gets hurt. And if Moss doesn't re-sign....:eek:

That's the problem I have with Gaffney. Nice kid, but I don't see him or Washington or Jackson stepping up if Moss gets hurt. And if Moss doesn't re-sign....:eek:
No doubt there, none of them could replace Moss - although Stallworth or Gaffney couldn't either. Moss is like Brady, if they get hurt you just take the huge hit because you can't have someone on the roster who can even come close.

5 years/$22M for Stallworth is what PFT is now saying with the last two years being fake years.

5 years/$22M for Stallworth is what PFT is now saying with the last two years being fake years.
In my opinion, Gaffney is not even worth half that.

5 years. I guess the Pats were auditioning him for Romeo/Savage

I like Gaffney. Hope he's back

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST