PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Browns agree to 7-year contract with Stallworth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: browns to sign donte stallworth

Was going to say the same thing. I don't care what the Browns paid Stallworth, Gaffney only has so much value.

If we get Moss back, I'm honestly fine with Washington or Jackson replacing that #3 spot.

exactly

something that hurts and helps us is the fact that bb and pioli rarely let the market dictate how much should be paid to a player, only when a guy is dominant (brady, seymour), or he does his niche job extremely well (kevin faulk, jarvis green) will they shell out market dollars
that is why they will not give gaffney what he could get elsewhere, so the only way he stays is if he loves it here and will take slightly less
one problem i have with our strategy is sometimes you screw yourself for a yr or two when you do this (losing branch, law), hopefully this doesn't happen with moss

Again I say it, I know they would rather keep Moss over stallworth, and stallworh kind of disappeared toward the end of the year, but he would be a better option if moss is done..

Re: browns to sign donte stallworth

exactly
one problem i have with our strategy is sometimes you screw yourself for a yr or two when you do this (losing branch, law), hopefully this doesn't happen with moss
Not sure how this strategy had anything to do with either Branch or Law...In Branch's case, he was under contract and wanted HIS money immediately and even when the Pats were reasonable and would have given him a ton of money, he gave teh finger to the team and the fans like a 2 year old..THAT situuation can happen with ANY strategy..unless your strategy is to give in to ALL player's demands..as far as Law is concerned, the amount due was high and unreasonable, way inflated, as is the case in many contracts. Not sure what aspect of the strategy you think this covers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots