PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Browns agree to 7-year contract with Stallworth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: browns to sign donte stallworth

I’m still not willing to accept the possibility of Moss leaving.

I just can’t do it.

I’m still not willing to accept the possibility of Moss leaving.

I just can’t do it.

You shouldnt , because it would be stupid to think other wise.. Brady Moss and Belichick are the perfect fit.. Just keep saying to yourself in Bill and Scott I trust..

I can just hear the Patriots brain trust explaining to Brady their reasoning should Moss sign elsewhere; "Hey Tom, remember in 2006 when we let Givens walk and traded away Branch and handed you a pile of chicken sh!t that you turned into chicken salad and you were a missed third down conversion away from taking to the Super Bowl, then we went out in 2007 and got Welker, Stallworth, Washington and Moss and you set all kinds of records and we were a missed sack and missed INT away from winning the Super Bowl? Well, if we hand you a big pile of chicken sh!t once again this year, could you do it for us again? Let us know would ya............"

Wow, impressive receiving corps they have over in Browns land...

Anyone get his numbers please post.. would be interested to know..

I can just hear the Patriots brain trust explaining to Brady their reasoning should Moss sign elsewhere; "Hey Tom, remember in 2006 when we let Givens walk and traded away Branch and handed you a pile of chicken sh!t that you turned into chicken salad and you were a missed third down conversion away from taking to the Super Bowl, then we went out in 2007 and got Welker, Stallworth, Washington and Moss and you set all kinds of records and we were a missed sack and missed INT away from winning the Super Bowl? Well, if we hand you a big pile of chicken sh!t once again this year, could you do it for us again? Let us know would ya............"

i love how many ppl came in here saying "look what we did with crappy wrs, we don't need good wrs, we should spend the money elsewhere"
my feelings were always, yeah if brady looks great with crap at wr, just think how good he would be with good-great wrs, well we saw just how great he would be in that instance this past year, and i dont wanna see any less again

i love how many ppl came in here saying "look what we did with crappy wrs, we don't need good wrs, we should spend the money elsewhere"
my feelings were always, yeah if brady looks great with crap at wr, just think how good he would be with good-great wrs, well we saw just how great he would be in that instance this past year, and i dont wanna see any less again

That sums up how I feel if we lost moss, but he is still a FA, and will still hold out hope..

Too bad. Had high hopes for Stallworth.They structured the contract to see if the Pats and he would be a good fit. Fell through when Brady starting hooking up with Moss for highlight reel stuff. He didn't complain and was humourous off the field. Those screens and slants were incredible. Oline's job easier with Welker/Stallworth. Feels like an error to me.

Good pick up Romeo. Good luck Donte. Thanks for the year.

Last edited:
Stallworth Gone...

Christopher L. Gasper, Globe Staff March 1, 2008 05:21 PM

The Patriots haven't lost Randy Moss -- yet -- but they have lost the services of another wide receiver.

According to former Globe writer Michael Smith, now of ESPN fame, Stallworth has reached an agreement to sign with the Cleveland Browns. Stallworth became a free agent after the Patriots elected not to pick up the $8 million in option bonus payments he was due this off-season.

In his one and only season in New England, Stallworth, 27, was the Patriots' fourth-leading receiver, catching 46 passes for 697 yards and three touchdowns.

Last edited:
Re: Stallworth Gone...

Christopher L. Gasper, Globe Staff March 1, 2008 05:21 PM
According to former Globe writer Michael Smith, now of ESPN fame, Stallworth has reached an agreement to sign with the Cleveland Browns.

Good luck Donte. I liked him as a player, but I'm not bummed about him moving on, however. Clearly Brady and/or the system did not prioritize Stallworth as a receiver. Gaffney definitely should be resigned.

One word:

APOCALYPSE

Last edited:

browns could be a real good team next year

Patsfan55, couldn't agree more, but I guess I should reserve judgement until everything (free agency, draft) shakes out, but at this point, Brady will have less options than last year, not sure what the plan is in Foxboro........

browns could be a real good team next year
Or they could be overrated - we'll see.

Anyway, PFT says it's 5 years/$35M with $10M guaranteed.

Anyone get his numbers please post.. would be interested to know..

Schefter isn't saying anything yet about Donte or Berrian's deals, but the co host mentioned Donte was reportedly seeking $5M per with $10M guaranteed.

Schefter isn't saying anything yet about Donte or Berrian's deals, but the co host mentioned Donte was reportedly seeking $5M per with $10M guaranteed.
PFT says he got 5 years/$35M with $10M guaranteed although I read elsewhere is was 7 years which matches the $5M you heard.

Or they could be overrated - we'll see.

Anyway, PFT says it's 5 years/$35M with $10M guaranteed.

That's more than his option here... to be a #2. On NFLN they didn't give terms but said he was looking for $5M per (not the $7M you reference) with $10M guaranteed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back