Who wins?

• Denver

Votes: 92 62.2%
  • Pittsburgh

Votes: 56 37.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure why so many here want the Steelers to win except it would give NE home field next week if they get past KC. If Manning is as bad as many think you should want to face him next week.

Also if Pitt wins AB would be back, maybe Deangelo and Ben's shoulder should be better. That offense when healthy is one of the most explosive in the league, especially moreso than Denver.

Denver does have a good defense but Pitt also has a very good front 7 that is extremely opportunistic forcing turnovers. Steelers also seem to have a lucky horseshoe up their rear but that could just be my Steelers hate showing.

Anyway I think Pitts with a healthy AB and healthier Ben will be more dangerous than the Broncos would be even if you have to go to Mile High.

Not sure why so many here want the Steelers to win except it would give NE home field next week if they get past KC. If Manning is as bad as many think you should want to face him next week.

Also if Pitt wins AB would be back, maybe Deangelo and Ben's shoulder should be better. That offense when healthy is one of the most explosive in the league, especially moreso than Denver.

Denver does have a good defense but Pitt also has a very good front 7 that is extremely opportunistic forcing turnovers. Steelers also seem to have a lucky horseshoe up their rear but that could just be my Steelers hate showing.

Anyway I think Pitts with a healthy AB and healthier Ben will be more dangerous than the Broncos would be even if you have to go to Mile High.

I thought of this earlier and considered everything you just pointed out. I came to the conclusion of still rather have the home game. Either way it will.be a worthy opponent.

I don't want to go to Denver. Simple as that. If the Broncos win I hope the team gets on a plane Monday so we can get in the thin air as soon as possible.

I don't want to go to Denver. Simple as that. If the Broncos win I hope the team gets on a plane Monday so we can get in the thin air as soon as possible.

They won't fly out on Monday...not even close..but maybe a day earlier then they usually would

This is what sucks about the NFL. Forget coaches and rosters. In the end, injuries play a huge role in deciding the victor.

Or in our case - refs

All else equal, we should be able to beat the donkeys *** on a neutral field. unfortunately that horror show 5hit show place is located MILE HIGH, and unless you play there day in and day out, you WILL BE gassed by the second half. I HATE THAT FCKING PLACE! It's the mother of all HFAs.

All else equal, we should be able to beat the donkeys *** on a neutral field. unfortunately that horror show 5hit show place is located MILE HIGH, and unless you play there day in and day out, you WILL BE gassed by the second half. I HATE THAT FCKING PLACE! It's the mother of all HFAs.

well, hopefully mannings arm wouldnt be able to exploit it...

I thought of this earlier and considered everything you just pointed out. I came to the conclusion of still rather have the home game. Either way it will.be a worthy opponent.

That's understandable to want the home game. I just think the Steelers would be more dangerous if they make it to next week, but for the Pats may be better to face them at home than Broncos on the road.

So IF we had HFA, roethlisberger and brown both wouldve still gotten injured and we wouldve still played the steelers in the first round .?

Uh, yeah? How would the Pats getting the #1 seed affect anything that happened in the Bengals/Steelers game? Do the Pats getting the #1 seed make Burfict any less of a nutcase? Or Lewis any worse of a coach?

Bit of an odd question to ask.

Well, we'd be playing them now with their injuries, which is what he's saying.
yeah, I know. :rolleyes:. Was being sarcastic. I dont know how we change one variable and assume everything remains the same. Even the broncos couldve lost to the chargers and ended up the 5th seed that way. Even the jets couldve won and made it instead of the steelers. Cant extrapolate a point which works only one way.

Both are cleared to play. And if you think Ben Roethlisberger is actually hurt, I've got some beachfront property in Oklahoma you might be interested in purchasing.

Guess Antonio Brown went for a second opinion after your initial immediate evaluation.

yeah, I know. :rolleyes:. Was being sarcastic. I dont know how we change one variable and assume everything remains the same. Even the broncos couldve lost to the chargers and ended up the 5th seed that way. Even the jets couldve won and made it instead of the steelers. Cant extrapolate a point which works only one way.

Gotcha. Sorry for not catching the sarcasm.

In this case, I can appreciate some bellyaching and regrets over losing that #1 seed, and I think the fact that we'd have gotten a beat up Steelers team instead of them going to DEN only makes it that much more regrettable.

I get what you're saying about all of the variables, though.

I just don't understand why coaches allow their players to talk about things that will effect how the opposition prepares. It's beyond stupid.

Roto:

It sounds like Roethlisberger is in surprisingly good shape after suffering torn ligaments in his shoulder last week. Martavis Bryant said Roethlisberger's arm strength looked "the same as usual" on Friday while fullback Will Johnson said Ben was able to complete "pretty much the whole route tree."

This is pretty encouraging. If true, I may change my stance and give Pitt a solid shot. I'd rather have no Antonio and Ben being able to make all his throws (if this report is true and not just Pitt downplaying the effect of the injury) than having both in there hobbled. I still need to actually see how he looks in the game and still need another pretty dreadful Manning performance, but I feel a bit better now going off that report.

Never underestimate Peytons choking ability. Better mannings have gone one and done.

This one thre 8tds and 17interceptions

I'm surprised so many have Den to win. Have you forgotten how bad manning was this year?

I'm surprised so many have Den to win. Have you forgotten how bad manning was this year?

People picking Denver are doing so because of Denver's defense, which is pretty damned good.

I think it will be a very frustrating game, where the Donks offense is terrible early on, but the Steelers can not take full advantage of it, and the running game of the Donks takes over down the stretch based, yet again, on some well-timed non-calls on holding downfield by the receivers.

God I hope the Pittsburgh defense bangs him around a bit at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back