PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Broncos sign LaMont Jordan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: OT: Broncos sign LaMont Jordan

This is a good signing for the Broncos. However, I don't think it matters much because McDaniels is getting killed in Denver. Allot of unhappy fans and media types, where the hell is John Elway and his trusty steed when you need him.

I always thought Elway was the steed.

I always thought Elway was the steed.

nicely done, apparantly my subconcious was trying to express itself.

I know it was and he had some good games, but he's not Patriot anymore and I stand by the fact that he would not get a contract if he was not in our system last year with McKid.

What?
He did jack last year, he's still living off of his 2005 season with the raiders...
Last year only proved that just about any decent back can avg 4+ ypc if he only carries it 80x.

Not in our system and playing with mcJagoff?
Get real.

Good for him, probably good for the Broncs, no harm to the Pats who clearly were not going to re-sign him. Sounds like a good deal to me.

Lamont had some brilliant runs for us last year, sad to see him go but understandable.

He wasn't going to be resigned period!
Taylor>Jordan any day of the week.
Dude gets injured way too often but can be effective if healthy.

Anyway good to see him find a job elsewhere Broncos need all the help they can get at the RB position unlike here (all of their FA RBs are over 30 tho).

So now Denver's RB core looks like this:

Ryan Torain
Peyton Hillis
Selvin Young
Correll Buckhalter
J.J. Arrington
LaMont Jordan

Fudge. We will regret letting him go and holding on to the tap-dancer.

Fudge. We will regret letting him go and holding on to the tap-dancer.

In the past 3 years, Maroney has played in 30 games.
In the past 3 years, Jordan has played in 29 games.

In the past 3 years, Maroney has rushed for 1673 yards on 388 carries
In the past 3 years, Jordan has rushed for 1346 yards on 338 carries

In the past 3 years, Maroney has averaged 4.31 ypc
In the past 3 years, Jordan has averaged 3.98 ypc

What exactly is there to regret?

What exactly is there to regret?

Giving up someone who sees holes, punches into them.

It's a style of play the Patriots need to have, perhaps as a supplement to Maroney's MC Hammer style dance moves.

Doing a three year comparison is totally bull because they didn't have the same offensive line (Jordan was with the freaking Raiders for God's sake). How did each do last season?

Just look at how each plays. Even if Jordan doesn't get as many yards that isn't the whole story. Moss didn't get as many yards this year. Does that mean he played worse? It makes the defense play a certain way that helps the other aspects of your game open up more.

At any rate, we will see how Maroney does this year. He will probably get injured early in the season again and we won't see him much.

Maroney is a disappointment so far. Hope he does well this year consistently (he is inconsistent like Bledsoe, sometimes having great games, sometimes squatting on the field and leaving a big pile of stink loaf, usually somewhere in between in an unimpressive way). I'm sad to see Jordan go.

Deus you have already defended him so you are forced to keep defending him because you are constitutionally incapable of admitting you are wrong. People with intact faculties know I am right.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Giving up someone who sees holes, punches into them.

It's a style of play the Patriots need to have, perhaps as a supplement to Maroney's MC Hammer style dance moves.

Doing a three year comparison is totally bull because they didn't have the same offensive line (Jordan was with the freaking Raiders for God's sake). How did each do last season?

Just look at how each plays. Even if Jordan doesn't get as many yards that isn't the whole story. Moss didn't get as many yards this year. Does that mean he played worse? It makes the defense play a certain way that helps the other aspects of your game open up more.

At any rate, we will see how Maroney does this year. He will probably get injured early in the season again and we won't see him much.

Maroney is a disappointment so far. Hope he does well this year consistently (he is inconsistent like Bledsoe, sometimes having great games, sometimes squatting on the field and leaving a big pile of stink loaf, usually somewhere in between in an unimpressive way). I'm sad to see Jordan go.

Ok, so basically you were just blowing smoke. Got it.

I think you didn't read my post or missed the logic of it because you have never played football or studied it or something or maybe can't read other than a few words that let you know I disagree with you.

That's ok we need all sorts of fans. Keep being special.

Last edited:
I think you didn't read my post or missed the logic of it because you have never played football or studied it or something or maybe can't read other than a few words that let you know I disagree with you.

That's ok we need all sorts of fans. Keep being special.

Your argument would classify Jordan as a better back than Barry Sanders. Since I give people the benefit of the doubt regarding sanity, I figure you must be blowing smoke. If I'm wrong and you think that Jordan is a better back than Barry Sanders was, I apologize for thinking you weren't crazy.

I quite enjoyed the Bowling Ball when he was playing. The Raiders game was fun to watch and they seemed to be having fun too (despite the overcast of Matt's sitch).

That said, I math out the off-season RB moves like this: Out with Jordan, in with Taylor. On paper at least, and probably in reality, that's big-time upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft