PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Broncos fan, so scared of the Patriots, does not want the #1 Seed

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we have everyone healthy, I don't care where we play, I like our chances against anyone. Adding Gronk back to this offense and Talib and Dennard back to that defense will make us very dangerous.

Assuming we go to Denver in the Divisional Round, it will be interesting to see how Goober performs in what could be "weather impacting" conditions out there. Brady has played in that alot more than Goober over their careers.

Being healthy is the main reason the bye is a big deal and we arent healthy right now.Playing in denver in AFCCG after a bye is a better chance for us than playing them without one. And Bengals are a physical team which is going to take toll on us too.

bangles....have a good chance? But he is right..NE has never reached SB playing a wildcard game..and this year..unfortunately i don't see them making it

Yes they have, in 85, many teams have reached and won the super bowl being a wild card team. You give up rather eaily, dissapointing to see from a so called fan of the team.

sorry...just don't see it...hope i am wrong but they haven't exactly been on a roll lately. Getting to the SB 2 years in a row is so tough these days. If they can fix the D next year...

Are you a Pats fan? It sure doesn't sound like it.

BTW, the Pats do not have to get to the SB two years in a row; they just need to get there THIS year.

Last year is last year.

I don't see Denver being afraid of anyone right now..

I think it's us or them. Cincy and Indy I doubt they make the SB. Ravens and texans are playing like crap lately.

But he is right..NE has never reached SB playing a wildcard game..
Better look up 1985. They won three games to get to the SB.

But anyway, who gives a ram's ass what has happened in the past? If the past dictated the future nobody would be watching the games.

Last edited:
PATs will win and Texans will lose next week.
How do you propose the Colts stop Foster? I really don't see it happening. Maybe Pagano will have a brain storm but otherwise the Colts defense will get run over.

How do you propose the Colts stop Foster? I really don't see it happening. Maybe Pagano will have a brain storm but otherwise the Colts defense will get run over.

Foster may not play. He was taken to the doctors yesterday for irregular heartbeat.

`85 says hello :cool: (yeah, I know, BB era, but never say never...)

As far as today's media is concerned, pre-2001 Patriots do not exist. There is only the great and mighty dynasty of BB-TB. They never look stats before 2001, because they automatically assume they are all worse (which is not an unfair assumption by any means).

That is good news. And I believe him that they are going to win.

Again, I have nothing to go off of other than my suspicion that the NFL doesn't want to risk having a Houston Colts match-up again in the divisional round if the Colts get through and would much rather have Broncos/Colts and Luck/Manning and still allowing the possibility for old time rivals Brady/Manning.

I know what I'm implying and I know some people hate to hear it, but I can't always overlook these coincidences. I'm at the point where I can kind of start counting on them. If I was a betting man, I'd bet the underdog on this one, just because.;)

Last edited:
Are you a Pats fan? It sure doesn't sound like it.

BTW, the Pats do not have to get to the SB two years in a row; they just need to get there THIS year.

Last year is last year.

This mentality I can relate to.

Also, for some reason, years 2003 and 2004 constantly come to mind. More parity in the league today than then? Perhaps, but looking at the AFC playoff qualifiers (apart from the Colts), I would be inclined to say.. not much.

Foster may not play. He was taken to the doctors yesterday for irregular heartbeat.

Wow... hope he's OK. I really like that guy.

Personally I think a BYE would be ideal. A week to get healthy, a week to get warm and then go to Denver. Although historically Brady is pretty bad in Denver, they looked good this year against them (in NE).

It all depends on if the Texans win in Indianapolis before the Pats game.

Manning has been on fire statistics wise. But to me his ball doesn't look as fast nor his spiral as tight. I may be totally WRONG however.

If they do go to denver, I think they should be sleeping in hyperbaric chambers before hand so as to get used to the altitude. It's very subtle but has a very noticeable effect, as I see it. Even if the players just notice themselves getting a "little winded", it's having an effect (the altitude).

Personally I think a BYE would be ideal. A week to get healthy, a week to get warm and then go to Denver. Although historically Brady is pretty bad in Denver, they looked good this year against them (in NE).

It all depends on if the Texans win in Indianapolis before the Pats game.

Pats beating miami with our banged up team is no gimme. Part of me is wondering if its good if the texans win. BB can then just simply sit everyone instead of trying to out and beat miami which if we dont will mean a more beat up team without a bye.

Pats beating miami with our banged up team is no gimme. Part of me is wondering if its good if the texans win. BB can then just simply sit everyone instead of trying to out and beat miami which if we dont will mean a more beat up team without a bye.

Not at all. You have to play the starters even if Houston wins. Keep an eye on the Broncos score and adjust accordingly. And you can't just sit everyone out. You only have 46 game day players. Plus also if Baltimore wins, do you want a loss to drop you to 4th seed? And risk the chance of a home game in the AFCC?

Of the six AFC playoff teams NE has the toughest SOS and the best SOV and it really isn't close. The Pats are the only AFC Playoff team with a SOS over .500 and SOV is .470. Denver SOS is .480 and SOV is .400 (lowest of the division winners).

Not at all. You have to play the starters even if Houston wins. Keep an eye on the Broncos score and adjust accordingly. And you can't just sit everyone out. You only have 46 game day players. Plus also if Baltimore wins, do you want a loss to drop you to 4th seed? And risk the chance of a home game in the AFCC?

Our healthy 46 game day players are not right all good esp on defense. Even if they play all of them, this is no easy game vs miami which has a very good front 7.

What's funny about this thread making fun of a Broncos fan. Is that all of Pats fans on here are scared too. Calling for the team to drop to the 4th seed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes