PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brian Hoyer tears ACL, out for season

ctpatsfan77

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I feel sorry for him. :(

Jeff Howe @jeffphowe
Brutal RT @AlbertBreer: Rob Chudzinski confirmed to reporters that Brian Hoyer has a torn ACL, and will undergo season-ending surgery.

Awww man. So disappointing, such a promising start on his dream. There is no God.

Boy that stinks. He finally got his chance, and there it goes...

Feel better soon Brian.

That sucks. I wonder why he wasn't wearing a knee brace, it may have prevented the injury.

Semi-OT: Brian Hoyer tears ACL, out for season

Yep, there are no football gods. This went from being one of the truly feel good stories of the year to a nightmare for the guy. You hope he gets another shot somewhere but there's no guarantee.

Such a bummer. I felt bad for him, especially after the game when Weeden was soaking up all the glory with the NFLN guys.

The way Hoyer went down he was twisted like a pretzel. I was afraid he blew his hip.

I feel bad for the guy he was playing great and with that defense in back of him they would have won the AFC North, who know he could have been playing the pats in the playoffs in new England that would have been a fun game

Even our former players are getting hurt

That is a huge bummer.

In his first 2 games he showed he had more potential then weeden so i would expect unless weeden really lights it up the rest of this year, that weeden is done after this season, Hoyer will take over the starter position, and the browns will draft a new QB.

Hoyer showed he has the skills to be a starter, id take him over Pyor, Geno, Gabbert, ponder, palmer, whoever is starting for the browns at the end of this year.

the best browns QB since derek anderson had that one good season

that sucks for him right now

Devastating.

I hope his rehab goes quickly and without incident and he is back showing what he can do soon. Just totally unfair.

I was rooting for my boy every game, not including the Pats game. Love that kid and thought he should've been starting for a team long time ago.

It's a terrible thing for him. As i mentioned last night, this injury might end up having cost him millions of dollars. I wish him a full and speedy recovery, and I hope he gets another legitimate chance at become an NFL starter.

This may have been his last rodeo (as a starter). You know the Browns will select their franchise QB in the 1st round and most likely start him from Day 1 next year.

Man that sux. He was finally getting his shot and in his home town and was off to a great start really feel bad for him. Plus I was enjoying watching and routing for him I guess the Vikings will be my new second favorite team.

Unless Weeden tears it up the Browns will have a very difficult decision to make next off season as I dont think it was enough of a sample size to truly rely on Hoyer to be your QB but other options might not be better or only set you up for QB controversy. Guess they are better off having Hoyer as an option than not.

For the record he was signed for two years, with $715,000 salary this year and $1M in salary for 2014 (with a $250K roster bonus).

This is soooooooooooo disappointing, since Hoyer became the starter I was rooting for Cleveland big time, they became my favorite team after the Pats.

I'd long thought he had the makings of a good starter, hopefully he can get another good opportunity.

Bummer..He looked good the first drive or two last night..I was rooting for him.
Gordon dropped a sure fire touchdown on the first drive.

man.. that sucks.. gotta find out if he's got twitter to wish him a speedy recovery....

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back