PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brian Hoyer tears ACL, out for season

man.. that sucks.. gotta find out if he's got twitter to wish him a speedy recovery....

@bhoyer8, but he hasn't tweeted since the Fourth of July.

As I mentioned in the game thread, I hate running QBs for this precise reason. They don't know when and how to slide these days and ending up hurting themselves and the team they play for :mad:

It appears the only QB ( that I have watched ) who can do the textbook QB slide is Aaron Rodgers, though he gets whacked often too !

Get well soon Brian :(

It is disappointing that two QBs that developed behind Belichick and Brady got their starting chances and promptly got hurt.

Matt Cassell was injured leading to the KC collapse last season and now Hoyer, who had won the starting job at the Browns where he reminds all of Brian Sipe and the Cardiac Kids, is now out for the year.

Still it is testimony how good the Pats are at developing QBs. It is also a commentary on how good Ryan Mallett will be, as he is developed, He dispatched Hoyer as TB's backup in only his sophomore training camp, despite having virtually no Training camp in his rookie season due to the CAP lockout.

Stay well Matt Cassell; and a speedy recovery to Brian Hoyer.

Thats a tough break for him. Man thats a tough break!! Good kid, worked hard. He will get a second chance wither with the Browns or someone else. Although it really puts the Browns in a tough place! I don't think they were sold on Weedon (brought in by the previous regime). I think they were hoping that Hoyer would beat him out and they could try and trade him. Now they are stuck with him for the remiander of the year.

That sucks for him and the Browns. Hope he has a fast and full recovery and that he gets another shot at starting.

Terrible. Even worse, it's going to be tough for him to return next year and win his job back. These injuries are very hard to come back from and most players aren't fully effective until their second year back. This really could cost him his career as a potential starter but I truly hope someday he'll get another shot.

What's the word on Manuel? His looked pretty bad too, hope he is okay.

**** man.. that is just so cruel. Just when he finally won the chance to shine. That is ****ed.

Argh! This is terrible news! I was really hoping he would be a permeant starter. :(

He's clearly shown that he can be an effective starter at the NFL level. Although the injury is severe, he does have a great resource to lean on, in his former mentor, on how to best rehab from the injury.

He showed good pocket awareness, field vision and decision making abilities. Although he's never had the arm talent to wow you, those things above probably won't evaporate even with an injury like this.

I think Hoyer will definitely get another shot to be a starter in the league. And if he doesn't, that would be a real shame.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back