PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brian Billick and Dennis Green pick Championship games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dennis green is picking the ravens because pats haven't won vs a winning team? No wonder these two don't coach anymore

Last edited:
Everyone keeps bringing up "The Pats haven't proven they can beat a team with a winning record", but no one seems to bring up that the Ravens haven't proven they can stop a top 10 offense. The Pats can only play who they have on their schedule and they only had two teams with winning records. The Ravens can only play who they have on their schedule and they got picked apart by the only offense in the top 10.

BTW, the Pats beat teams with 8-8 records seven times this year, all those teams would have had winning records if the Pats didn't beat them. Also, if the Pats beat the Giants, they wouldn't have had a winning record either. Seriously how much different is an 8-8 team from a 9-7 team?

This drives me nuts!..........Not only did they get smoked by the only top-10 offense they played (San Diego), they played 8 games against 7 of bottom 8 offenses in the league.

Anyone else revelling in the experts writing off the Patriots?

If we are going to go historical here given some major personnel changes, and two years is very much historical in the NFL, it's ironic that the pundits like focusing on Baltimore's 1 win against NE amongst their 6 losses.

If we are going to go historical here given some major personnel changes, and two years is very much historical in the NFL, it's ironic that the pundits like focusing on Baltimore's 1 win against NE amongst their 6 losses.

How about the fact that the mediots all ignore the fact that we beat them LAST YEAR.

I have to mention that these guys have a podcast over on NFL.com that I listen to every week, and I like it very much. Much better than most of the podcasts out there. But you should be more forgiving, their choices are very understandable. Green started out with Bill Walsh and the SF organization, while Billick, as we all know was the Ravens HC. Besides I think it was Green who gave Billick his start in the NFL. So its understandable that they would support each other.

Listen these guys are pretty much just fans now, and why wouldn't they root for teams that they have a history with.

Those two bozos don't know how to pick anything but losing players and teams.

Ah, the obligatory "the Ravens aren't going to be afraid to go up to a Foxboro...they went in there and dominated them in 2009." I hope they're not afraid, I hope they think it's the same team they played in 2009. I hope they spend the week preparing for the likes of Ben Watson, Chris Baker, Julian Edelman, Laurence Maroney, Sam Aiken, and Sammy Morris.

Your post reminds me of a certain Red Sox game I went to see - the starting outfield was Milt Cuyler, Dewayne Hosey, and Darren Lewis. ( a LOOONG time ago)

I love it when people think we can't win.

I never thought Dennis Green could make it on tv with that intolerable voice. Oh wait, it's NFLN.

Eh, go easy, they're not bad, and generally not biased. Billick usually flocks to NE's corner in most cases and Baltimore is easily the best team we've been slated to play thus far. You can flip a coin and get a good choice for who will win this game.

It's the classic top offense vs top defense.

Also, on another show, Billick basically calls it a wash. The one that annoys me is Marshall Faulk with "Suggs has had games after games". Hasn't he had 1 sack in the past 4 games or something like that (I read that somewhere today, I didn't research anything, no idea about his pressures either).

In a much more relevant game with two teams that look more similar that the 2009 playoff game, lets take a look at the 2010 game in Foxboro.

The physical running game that is supposed to trample us was held to 99 yards on 34 carries, that's 2.9 yards a clip. Ray Rice had 28 carries for 88 yards, 3.1 a clip with a long of 8 whopping yards.

New England had 26 carries for 127 yards at 4.9 yards per carry, with runs of 14, 18, and 22 yards.

Both teams had 3 sacks from their front 7 with Baltimore registering two extra QB hits.

So, who was the more "physical" team, everyone likes to describe physical as the team that wins the battle at the LOS.

In my opinion, New Englands front 7 this year is better than last year, and we've proven more recently that we are the more dominant teams on both sides of the LOS in this matchup. Does Baltimore have any new faces in their front 7? They are approaching the "old and slow" moniker that Pitt has been labled with in a few areas (not to say they are there, yet). We are also getting healthier and had a relatively easy day and had 0 injuries on the defensive side, plus one extra day to rest.

Last edited:
So the NFL network analysts are all on the Ravens?

Who cares who picks who? Why get angry about it? It is pointless. I don't understand why so many people hate the media yet are always paying attention to it.

Eh, go easy, they're not bad, and generally not biased. Billick usually flocks to NE's corner in most cases and Baltimore is easily the best team we've been slated to play thus far. You can flip a coin and get a good choice for who will win this game.

It's the classic top offense vs top defense.

Also, on another show, Billick basically calls it a wash. The one that annoys me is Marshall Faulk with "Suggs has had games after games". Hasn't he had 1 sack in the past 4 games or something like that (I read that somewhere today, I didn't research anything, no idea about his pressures either).

In a much more relevant game with two teams that look more similar that the 2009 playoff game, lets take a look at the 2010 game in Foxboro.

The physical running game that is supposed to trample us was held to 99 yards on 34 carries, that's 2.9 yards a clip. Ray Rice had 28 carries for 88 yards, 3.1 a clip with a long of 8 whopping yards.

New England had 26 carries for 127 yards at 4.9 yards per carry, with runs of 14, 18, and 22 yards.

Both teams had 3 sacks from their front 7 with Baltimore registering two extra QB hits.

So, who was the more "physical" team, everyone likes to describe physical as the team that wins the battle at the LOS.

In my opinion, New Englands front 7 this year is better than last year, and we've proven more recently that we are the more dominant teams on both sides of the LOS in this matchup. Does Baltimore have any new faces in their front 7? They are approaching the "old and slow" moniker that Pitt has been labled with in a few areas (not to say they are there, yet). We are also getting healthier and had a relatively easy day and had 0 injuries on the defensive side, plus one extra day to rest.

The easiest way to determine a "physical" team is to see how much they open their mouthes.

Ofcourse, the Ravens are "physical". They are incapable of shutting up and can't quit talking about how physical they are.

The mediots want the Ravens to win. Why else hang everything on 2009? Anyone see the Vikings and the ole gun slinger lately?

bulletinboardh.jpg

Keep it comin'

ARG, I keep getting so close and then it disappears. I usually have no problem with these. I think it's because every time I think about Brian and Denny talking it makes me punch the screen.

Anyone else revelling in the experts writing off the Patriots?

I am, I want the Ravens thinking they are playing the 2009 Patriots and this narrative works perfectly to that end, especially if they are listening and since it's the Ravens I have to think they are glued to it. That was the worst team the Patriots have fielded since 2000, and while the Patriots offense is much better than 2 years ago the Ravens defense isn't nearly as good as used to be. Couple that with the QB match-up and i really think the Patriots win. Flacco is simply not a good QB, and while that doesn't guarantee anything I would rather have the advantage at Qb than any other position and the advantage there for NE is huge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call