Not open for further replies.

pats1

PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
http://news.bostonherald.com/blogs/patriots/

July 31st, 2007
Some from practice
Posted by Albert Breer at 12:24 pm

The team held its workout today on the upper fields, as usually, in shorts and shells. Bill Belichick said in his just-concluded presser that playing out of full pads can quicken the tempo of practice, although today’s morning session appeared to be light in nature anyway.

Here’s what we got:

– QB Tom Brady and WR Randy Moss dressed, but didn’t participate this morning. Brady could be seen throwing balls underhand, likely a measure to preserve his shoulder and give it some rest. Both players watched from the side.

– The biggest beneficiary of Brady’s absence, for obvious reasons, was backup QB Matt Cassel. And putting him in there with the 1s really shows the progress he’s made. He throws a good ball, exhibited the ability to squeeze it into tight quarters and showed athleticism in shuffling and stepping up in the pocket. If there’s anything to complain about, and this is something that goes back to last year, it’s a lack of urgency to make a decision and get rid of the ball. There are usually a couple times a practice that where he makes a throw that after he likely would’ve been sacked in a live situation.

A FEW MORE: Larry Anam is working back in at safety, after having issues at corner, just in case anyone who went to or roots for BC is wondering. Anam has struggled in one-on-one drills. … Say this for the Patriots: They’re going to give guys a chance to compete. Nick Kaczur and Ryan O’Callaghan are locked in a battle at right tackle, and the coaches seem to have been doing an excellent job splitting up reps. … Univ. of Miami DL coach Clint Hurtt was in attendance, and drew former ‘Canes Kareem Brown, Brandon Meriweather, Santonio Thomas and Vince Wilfork to talk after practice. Hurtt was on the staff last year, and actually played with Thomas (then a true freshman) and Wilfork (a redshirt) in 2000 at The U.

OK, I've officially had it with people calling U Miami THE U.

If they called them, America's Team, or Football U., or something innocuous like that, then fine.

But when people say, The U., I think, The University. Surely, it doesn't compete with many other universities which do what universities do a whole lot better.

OK, I've officially had it with people calling U Miami THE U.

If they called them, America's Team, or Football U., or something innocuous like that, then fine.

But when people say, The U., I think, The University. Surely, it doesn't compete with many other universities which do what universities do a whole lot better.

I think it has more to do with their "U" logo than a sense of superiority.

It is preferable to "SunTan U" or "Scuba U" as are other common names for the U of Miami (Fl)...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back