PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brandon Spikes was beastly (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I'd say best his best game as Patriot.

As BB pointed, out, he's basically just ending his Training Camp due to the injuries this summer.

Re: #Powwwww

I'll admit it - I was starting to wonder if Spikes was "in it" but after what I thought was a fine game last week, he came up big in several spots today.

Glad I was wrong.

Balls of STEEL, Brother Farn.

Well DONE. :cool:

To shamelessly pat myself on the back: I started pimping Brother Spikes about 2 months before the Draft, as soon as his GOD awful "40" Time came out at the Combine...and was soon joined by many others who had the guts to go against the grain.

But, then: This thread says a lot more about YOUR Character, than anything else. :eat3:

Re: Brandon Spikes was beastly

There's only one word to describe his performance

#POWwWwWwWwW

Re: #Powwwww

Balls of STEEL, Brother Farn.

Well DONE. :cool:

To shamelessly pat myself on the back: I started pimping Brother Spikes about 2 months before the Draft, as soon as his GOD awful "40" Time came out at the Combine...and was soon joined by many others who had the guts to go against the grain.

But, then: This thread says a lot more about YOUR Character, than anything else. :eat3:

Haha. Well, the weird part is that I was glad they drafted him and when he was starting and doing well his rookie year, I was laughing at the whole "40 time" thing too. But with the vid, the suspension, and especially the tweeting and "supposed BB dog house" this year - I was losing faith. Seemed he wasn't getting with the program.

Today, he was a key player. I hope he keeps it up. Instincts it seems...

Spikes was dominant today. Remember when he was being cited as a 2nd round bust? I can't wait to see Mayo get healthy and the two of those together on the inside. Especially when thinking about what great rushers they both are. Hell, Spikes was responsible for two sacks he didn't get today with his heads up flushing. You can clearly see Belichick beginning to open up the creativity up front as this season evolves.

As an aside, this time last year we were going nuts about how the special teams beat the Dolphins. That team went 14-2. This defense is going to really get good, and by December should be dominant barring injury. They were swarming today. I haven't seen a swarming Patriots defense in seven years.

I haven't seen a swarming Patriots defense in seven years.

You did witness the 2007 season, didn't you? That defense swarmed a time or two.

Spikes was dominant today. Remember when he was being cited as a 2nd round bust? I can't wait to see Mayo get healthy and the two of those together on the inside. Especially when thinking about what great rushers they both are. Hell, Spikes was responsible for two sacks he didn't get today with his heads up flushing. You can clearly see Belichick beginning to open up the creativity up front as this season evolves.

As an aside, this time last year we were going nuts about how the special teams beat the Dolphins. That team went 14-2. This defense is going to really get good, and by December should be dominant barring injury. They were swarming today. I haven't seen a swarming Patriots defense in seven years.

Voice of reason! I hope you are right this time, you are and patpsycho were saying the same thing last year and it never really happened.
In saying that, I must add that the two of you bring calm to some of us who are just too damn panicky.

You did witness the 2007 season, didn't you? That defense swarmed a time or two.

No, that defense was slow, and it was clear. They got placed into advantageous situations constantly where the playcall was often easily discerned pre-snap. That defense was made to look a lot better than it really was.

Thoughts on Haynesworth? I think Al and Spikes have shown up huge as of late. Could be key contributors to turning this into an upper echelon defense.

No, that defense was slow, and it was clear. They got placed into advantageous situations constantly where the playcall was often easily discerned pre-snap. That defense was made to look a lot better than it really was.

Wow, that group finished ranked 4th overall and a miracle helmet catch away from 19-0. Just imagine if that defense was fast:rolleyes:

Voice of reason! I hope you are right this time, you are and patpsycho were saying the same thing last year and it never really happened.
In saying that, I must add that the two of you bring calm to some of us who are just too damn panicky.

Thanks man. Towards last year. That's the best part of being a football fan! You get to learn new things each year. I thought that the polymorphic coverages Belichick was deploying and overall team speed at linebacker would be sufficient to mask weakness. While I think the Aderol suspension really hurt the team last year, there were some fundamental flaws exposed that are being addressed this year. The big "if" is the health of Dowling who was spectacular, and if McCourty can return to form this year, which by the way I feel is dependent upon the awareness of the safeties as they return him to his better fit in the Patriots cover and pass zone.

Spikes energy is contagious for sure just like at Florida he seems like a natural leader. great to see. this was his best game as a Pat in my opinion hope he keeps it up
Last 2 weeks people have complained that he celebrates.

He owned the Dallas Center on one of the plays.

Thoughts on Haynesworth? I think Al and Spikes have shown up huge as of late. Could be key contributors to turning this into an upper echelon defense.

Yeah, he's looked pretty good. Commanding doubles, compressing the pocket, opening the exterior for other players. looking pretty nice. He's pretty much just a three technique at this point, and needs some conditioning, but he's been a very nice situational player. I'd like to see him play in the odd fronts and better his conditioning, but at this point he's been about 75% of the contributor he could be, which is where I had him pegged, and is very nice to have on the roster. It's just a kind of bland story line in my eye right now, but if I see him in odd fronts I'll really open up the geeking.

#POWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Damn the kid looked good today blowin up blockers hitting guys in the back field. very impressive

Guyton.... not so much
Wait? How can that be? This board has already declared him a bust and a wasted pick??????????????? powwwwwwwwwwwwww?

Last 2 weeks people have complained that he celebrates.

Personally i love it, good plays should be celebrated. brings energy to everyone else in my opinion. Him and Chung are both really high energy guys and you can see them being leaders on the field. Hope he builds on this and takes the next step!

Spikey, he who was incognito all season so far, resurfaced today with BAM play! And oh man...wonder if it was injuries holding him back so far. Welcome back bruh...:D

Spikes is a wrecker.

But I don't understand why Fletcher isn't getting a chance to make some plays. It seems like Guyton is just taking up space out there.

Love the energy Spikes brings. He's one of the few guys out there getting pumped up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes