PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brandon Spikes was beastly (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a defense needs to have that extra bit of adrenaline flowing to be a great defense. I think it takes that extra bit to shed that extra block, to be a step faster and defend a pass etc.

So I have no problem with celebrations and people firing the team up. As great a player as Mayo is, he is not that emotional leader that gets his team fired up.
If anyone could be that guy I'd be ecstatic.

The only candidates I see to being that guy is Chung and Spikes, and I think the LBs has more impact in affecting the team with emotions.

#POWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Damn the kid looked good today blowin up blockers hitting guys in the back field. very impressive

Guyton.... not so much

Great observation. What I also noticed about him was that he was also down field making plays, which stood out (because all we hear about him is that he's slow). He plays FAST!

I was hoping that SPikes would have a break out year and he seems to be getting better every game. Did you notice who ran down the missed tackles? Spikes. But as I said when the Pats drafted him, he makes big time plays and he made a few yesterday. He stopped the shuttle/shuffle pass. He also blew up both the runs in the Cowboys last drive.

Once Mayo gets back, I think that Spikes will take over the middle and allow Mayo to play the strong side and blitz. I'm just waiting for Donte Hightower next year to complete the trifecta!!!

Spikes is a wrecker.

But I don't understand why Fletcher isn't getting a chance to make some plays. It seems like Guyton is just taking up space out there.

I agree here. Fletcher was blowing up O linemen too, and plays with fire.

Guyton is a catcher, not a hitter. He's supposed to be a coverage guy but...
How many times did you see Guyton make a tackle, or from what I saw, jump on the guy, let him ride Guyton for another 3 yards before toppling him over.

You're a linebacker dude, you've bulked up to 250, show some pop. Lower your shoulder and deliver the hit instead of taking it. But at this point in his career I don't think this is something he can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes