PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady's coming up on WEEI

Status
Not open for further replies.
the audio is up on weei. Why did Goodell call Brady? Does he call some unknown defensive lineman? Goodell sucks.

the audio is up on weei.
That and a bunch of others. Awesome. I heard the Esiason one yesterday, he loves the Patriots right now and the Wilfork interview is great.

Where in the interview is it? I'm listening to the audio right now and can't find it.

If I were Brady, I would have told Goodell to F himself and never call him during a game. What a pompous pr!ck.

I just listened to it. He just said that Goodell persoanlly called the "fine guy" in NE to inform him of the fine, NOT Brady. Also the "in the game" comment was refering to the chinstrap itself, as in "was it unsnapped during a play, or just as you were standing on the sideline". That's how I heard it.

I still can't believe this. Goodell has lost his mind.

oww, he sure wants it out that brady is fined eh? u think goodell is pissed off at the pats? LOL...screw him, time for a change, the guy is out of his mind...and Kraft made a bad decision by pushing for this push over, my little 7 yr old sister knows better

oww, he sure wants it out that brady is fined eh? u think goodell is pissed off at the pats? LOL...screw him, time for a change, the guy is out of his mind...and Kraft made a bad decision by pushing for this push over, my little 7 yr old sister knows better

Perhaps he trying to piss off the Pats. With just how sh!tty the average NFL product is these days, perhaps a perfect season by the Pats might gloss over the uglness that is - The Dolfins, Rams, Jets, Bills, Falcons, Saints and on, and on.

Keep em' talking about anything, cept about what milllions of people shell BILLIONS of dollars for, a competitive football game on Sunday. :rolleyes:

the audio is up on weei. Why did Goodell call Brady? Does he call some unknown defensive lineman? Goodell sucks.

Is it possible that perhaps his motivation is exactly opposite? That he wants maximum protection for his league's most valuable assets?

The reason for the fine is that it's a safety issue. Concussion awareness is high in the NFL. Brett Favre made a mockery of the chin strap rules, others started to copy, and they started cracking down a couple of years ago. Concussion awareness has made it a priority.

Maybe you think it's silly. Maybe it is. Or maybe there is some science behind it. I don't know. I'm not a doctor. Goodell nailed us good for BB's rules violation. It doesn't mean that anything he does is anti-Patriots. Guys like Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Brett Favre, and others are the franchise.

Last edited:
Is it possible that perhaps his motivation is exactly opposite? That he wants maximum protection for his league's most valuable assets?

The reason for the fine is that it's a safety issue. Concussion awareness is high in the NFL. Brett Favre made a mockery of the chin strap rules, others started to copy, and they started cracking down a couple of years ago. Concussion awareness has made it a priority.

Maybe you think it's silly. Maybe it is. Or maybe there is some science behind it. I don't know. I'm not a doctor. Goodell nailed us good for BB's rules violation. It doesn't mean that anything he does is anti-Patriots. Guys like Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Brett Favre, and others are the franchise.

Brady said he did not know it was undone. If he was doing it on purpose or alot I could understand.

Brady said he did not know it was undone. If he was doing it on purpose or alot I could understand.

I don't disagree. But I think the point is it's less likely to happen again. I don't think the rule is to punish. It's to keep the chin straps buttoned.

It's not my money. If it makes our star QB even modestly more safe, I'm all for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes