PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady? Where does he Rank All Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brady is already one of the very top clutch QBs of all time. I think SI or somebody had him 4th, behind Montana, Elway, and somebody else I'm currently blanking on. And as the blanking suggests, I'd put him top 3 among clutch QBs myself.

But he hasn't yet proved he ranks that high across the board.

Fencer said:
Brady is already one of the very top clutch QBs of all time. I think SI or somebody had him 4th, behind Montana, Elway, and somebody else I'm currently blanking on. And as the blanking suggests, I'd put him top 3 among clutch QBs myself.

But he hasn't yet proved he ranks that high across the board.
This very topic was discussed on a SF Bay Area talk show just now, premise being if Brady wins one more SB, will he be considered better than Montana, which of course would also make him the best of all time. Gary Radnich is the show host, abrasive little twit but I like him. Consensus about mixed. Some Bay Area folks will never give up Joe as the best ever, and maybe this half-life in N.E. and half-life in NorCal guy agrees, maybe not. Anyway, they all agreed he's a first ballot HOFer right now, and they all agreed that you can't help but like the guy, whether you have the privilege of meeting him, or just see him on TV. Of course, they pointed out that he is from San Mateo and a Serra High School grad.

if marino is on the list..manning got to be on the list..he is going to break all statistical records there are...

In addition to his 3 rings and 2 MVP's, Brady has already lead the league before in TD's as well as Yards (in separate seasons). Right now he's top 10 no question, as is Peyton Manning.

When all is said and done, I think Brady ends up with 5-6 superbowls, to become the GOAT QB. Look at their team right now for Christ sake, it's ridiculously loaded on both offense and defense for YEARS, and they have a boatload of money to spend next year as well.

Last edited:
When it is all said it done ,Brady will be right there with Montana. You can't deny putting him in that 1# slot after he has won 6 super bowls. I honestly feel we will win 6 Super Bowls in the Brady era.

To rank him all time right now is a bit unfair, since his body of work is not complete yet. As many have stated. Once he has retired and is inducted into Canton (who here does not think that he is a guarenteed first ballot HOFer?) then we can begin to rank him. In the modern era (Super Bowl Era) he is clearly in the top 5, in Pro-Football history, I would figure he will be top 10.

As for right now, I would rank him the number 1 active quarterback.

Personally, I would really like to know where the "if the game was for your life, who do you want for your quarterback?" question started to take hold. The ESPN crew used that analogy again, as if the stakes were a bit lower then you might change your mind. The only only I find more off the wall is the
"Space Jam" scenerio where the fate of the planet rides on the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes