PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady was hit WAY too much last night

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is scary considering the Titans aren't exactly what I'd call anything more than a mediocre team. Next week vs. Carolina could be scary if Traffic Cone # 72 and the rest of the OLine dont get their crap together.

Brady took to much punishment. Light had trouble once again with a speed rusher. It's like Tom has to take a real beating each year before the OL cracks down and blocks for Tom. Last year Jason Taylor beat the crap out of Tom then Matt and the guys got serious and improved their play.

It is scary considering the Titans aren't exactly what I'd call anything more than a mediocre team. Next week vs. Carolina could be scary if Traffic Cone # 72 and the rest of the OLine dont get their crap together.

It's the freakin' preseason. The Titans could look like the 94 Niners and it still wouldn't change a damn thing.

And this "Traffic Cone # 72" stuff is just lame.

Theres no doubt that Kyle Brady and/or David Thomas is going to play a role in helping reduce sacks to Brady.

IMO the O-LINE will need these guys to block and block well as an extra if Brady is to remain healthy all season,The O-Line is just above average but cannot be expected to give Brady time without help from the TEs this season,especially against good rushing defenses and solid D-Lines and solid LBs.

It's the freakin' preseason. The Titans could look like the 94 Niners and it still wouldn't change a damn thing.

And this "Traffic Cone # 72" stuff is just lame.

It would be lame if it didn't reoccur every game nowadays.

It would be lame if it didn't reoccur every game nowadays.

Too bad it doesn't occur every game. Nice to see you don't know what you are talking about.

This whole rampage against Light is just unfounded. The guy had 2 bad plays. The one where VandenBosch caused the fumble and the one where he looked lost and VandenBosch blew by him on the run. Other than that, He kept VandenBosch off Brady.

And, yes, I went back and re-watched the game before I made my retort to you Brusch 3:16. Maybe you should go back and watch and understand that there is a difference between VandenBosch putting pressure on Brady and VandenBosch being taken wide so that Brady has a place to step up.

Brady took to much punishment. Light had trouble once again with a speed rusher. It's like Tom has to take a real beating each year before the OL cracks down and blocks for Tom. Last year Jason Taylor beat the crap out of Tom then Matt and the guys got serious and improved their play.
Yes, Brady did. Much of it came from the right side of the line. Neal and either Kaczur or O'Callaghan. I was actually very surprised at how well light did when I went back and re-watched it. Light regularly took VandenBosch deep and wide, allowing Brady a place to step up and keeping VDB off Brady. As I've said, Light had 2 bad plays. the fumble and the run play where he looked lost.

Too bad it doesn't occur every game. Nice to see you don't know what you are talking about.

This whole rampage against Light is just unfounded. The guy had 2 bad plays. The one where VandenBosch caused the fumble and the one where he looked lost and VandenBosch blew by him on the run. Other than that, He kept VandenBosch off Brady.

And, yes, I went back and re-watched the game before I made my retort to you Brusch 3:16. Maybe you should go back and watch and understand that there is a difference between VandenBosch putting pressure on Brady and VandenBosch being taken wide so that Brady has a place to step up.

You are either Matt Light, a relative of his, or an obsessed stalker. The bottom line is he is extremely subpar for a Left Tackle on a Super Bowl contender. His "skills" aren't what they were a few years ago and even then were average at best. The Patriots should use one of their first rounders next year on a Left Tackle.

Light's slow feet are what concerns me. His first step is gone. He has glacier-like speed and gets killed by every fast pass rusher. If VandenBosch made him look silly last night, Freeney and Taylor will make him look like a Pop Warner lineman.

Okay, I agree, Brady getting stomped is not a good thing. But that -- and the wakeup call -- is about all this amounts to. I hope. The O-line has been the same guys, and they're all young and many are rising stars. By all accounts, "on paper," it's one of the elite units in the league now.

The only thing that could linger into the season, is whether the zone blocking scheme/new playbook for the O-line (which is what it amounts to), could be hard enough to pick up that O-line becomes a position of concern into the season. I just don't see it.

We'll find out in (WOOHOO) less than a month, but don't be silly enough to think we found out here.

PFnV

This OL has never been elite, except for a handful of games in the playoffs where they really came together. We have maybe one star, at gaurd, and some serviceable players.

It is Brady that has made this offense line get accolades.

To me it is more of the same, and I am puzzled why Pats fans never quite seem to get it about this line.

We have a less expensive OL with less pedigree, and it shows in the inconsistent results. I really don't get why Belichick is willing to put Brady's health at risk every year, and it is the one thing about Belichick that frankly I don't agree with at all.

Defense wins championships, as we have witnessed three times recently. However, it is nice to have a healthy starting QB as well.

You are either Matt Light, a relative of his, or an obsessed stalker. The bottom line is he is extremely subpar for a Left Tackle on a Super Bowl contender. His "skills" aren't what they were a few years ago and even then were average at best. The Patriots should use one of their first rounders next year on a Left Tackle.

Light's slow feet are what concerns me. His first step is gone. He has glacier-like speed and gets killed by every fast pass rusher. If VandenBosch made him look silly last night, Freeney and Taylor will make him look like a Pop Warner lineman.

*ROFLMAO* And you as clueless as ever. Sorry, but you don't know what you are talking about. Sorry, Not Matt Light or a relative. Not even an obsessed stalker. Its called actually opening my eyes and watching the game.

Light was NOT getting killed last night. Maybe instead of running your mouth and continuing to make yourself look stupid, you should go back and re-watch the game. Light was purposely taking VandenBosch WIDE and DEEP on nearly every play. You keep making these BS claims that Light was getting beat, but I just re-watched the game and your spewings just are not fact, no matter how much you want people to believe it.

BTW, on a screen play to the left, is the LT supposed to engage the LDE?

Last edited:
*ROFLMAO* And you as clueless as ever. Sorry, but you don't know what you are talking about. Sorry, Not Matt Light or a relative. Not even an obsessed stalker. Its called actually opening my eyes and watching the game.

Light was NOT getting killed last night. Maybe instead of running your mouth and continuing to make yourself look stupid, you should go back and re-watch the game. Light was purposely taking VandenBosch WIDE and DEEP on nearly every play. You keep making these BS claims that Light was getting beat, but I just re-watched the game and your spewings just are not fact, no matter how much you want people to believe it.

BTW, on a screen play to the left, is the LT supposed to engage the LDE?

I didn't say screen play to the left, champ. I guess you are an eerie Matt Light apologist, thats fine. Scary, but fine, nonetheless. When Brady gets his legs broken because Traffic Cone gets beat, I guess we'll get a whole new set of excuses from you. Clown.

I didn't say screen play to the left, champ. I guess you are an eerie Matt Light apologist, thats fine. Scary, but fine, nonetheless. When Brady gets his legs broken because Traffic Cone gets beat, I guess we'll get a whole new set of excuses from you. Clown.

Yeah, because if you don't buy into your "assessment" of Matt Light being tantamount to a traffic cone, well then by George you must be a Matt Light apologist!

Stunning logic, really.

I went and watched the tape strictly to watch how the O-line did. And here is what I saw, focusing almost strictly on Light.

1st series:
Light slides over to take the RDT after the RDE (VDB) stunts inside. VDB then become the responsibility of Mankins (who should have slid off the RDT) or Koppen, who was facing the LDT and wouldn't have seen VDB coming.

2nd series -
1st down after Penalty - Light "beaten" but they were the backside of play. Also, it was almost 5 seconds into the play. Brady rolled out and hit Welker for the TD. Light also did NOT give up and got back into the play to protect Brady.

3rd series -
1st down - Pressure on Brady from the right side. Light Solid.
2nd down - VDB goes wide and deep. Run play. Light moves to the 2nd level for blocking.
3rd down - Light stands up VDB. Morris runs for a 1st down.
1st down - Run by Morris outside Light.
2nd down - Run by Morris - Light goes wide with the TE. Mankins blocks VDB. Looked like Morris hit the wrong lane.
3rd down - Run by Morris to the Right Side. Light sealed the backside pursuit.
1st down - Run to Right Side by Evans. Light and Mankins take out the DT and DE on their side.

4th series -
1st down - Light beaten by VandenBosch. Hits Brady forcing the fumble. Also, Neal and Kaczur were also beaten on this play, allowing the LDE and LDT to get their hands up in Brady's face.
2nd down - Screen pass to Morris. Both Light and Kaczur took their respective assignments DEEP and out of the play
3rd down - LDE (ODOM?) in untouched. Pass to Welker INC.

5th series -
1st down - Run by Faulk up the middle. The RDT was blocked behind Light by Mankins. VDB blew by Light on Matt's Left, but it took VDB out of the play.
2nd down - Run by Faulk, Left side. Light moved to the 2nd level to block. VDB was blocked by Watson.
3rd down - Run by Faulk. Penalty on Tennessee resulting in a Pats 1st down.
1st down - Light and Watson were blocking on VDB. Penalty on Mankins for Holdind.
1st and 20 - Sceen to Fault. Light takes VandenBosch wide and deep and out of the play.
2nd and 3 - Incomplete Pass to Stallworth. Defensive pass interference on Herndon. Not sure of the blocking because this play was not broadcast.
1st down - Morris run between the Mankins and Koppen for a yard . Not sure of the blocking because this play was not broadcast.
2nd down and 1 - Morris run between Mankins and Light - no gain Holding on Mankins. Not sure of the blocking because this play was not broadcast.
2 down and 10 - Incomplete pass to Washington. Not sure of the blocking because this play was not broadcast.
3rd and 10 - Brady sacked by Odom from the right side

6th series (O'Callaghan in at RT)
1st down - Pass to Faulk. VDB neutralized by Light.
2nd down - Pass to Gaffney - VDB neutralized by Light. Pressure up the middle
3rd down - Pass to Stallworth - Intercepted. LDT came loose from Neal and Brady was hit. VDB was neutralized by Light.

7th series -
1st down - Run by Faulk. The RCB is the one who made the play, not VandenBosch. VandenBosch was on the ground and Faulk had cut inside only to be met by the RCB.
2nd down - Pass to faulk. Pressure came from Brady's right. No pressure by VDB.
3rd down - Screen Pass Left to Faulk - Light takes VDB wide and out of the play.
1st down - Screen Pass to faulk - Light neutralizes VDB.
1st down - Pass to Gaffney - No pressure by VDB
2nd down - Pass to Caldwell - No pressure on Brady from the left. Pass Interference on Caldwell (very marginal call)
2nd down - Pass to Caldwell incomplete. Pressure from up the middle.
3rd down - Draw by Faulk between Mankins and Light.

8th series - (Cassel in)
1st down - Run by Morris - Light to the 2nd level. Mankins on VDB. Koppen misses his man. Morris loses 1 yard.
2nd down - Watson blown up by Odom. Cassel sacked.
3rd down - Draw play by Morris- Light neutralized VDB.

9th series -
1st down - QB sneak.

10th series (start of the 3rd quarter)
1st down - Botched run resulting in a fumble. Light had moved to the 2nd level to block.
2nd down - Pass to Evans. VandenBosch was neutralized.
3rd down - Pass to Caldwell. Light takes VDB wide. No pressure.
1st down. Pass to Caldwell. Interception by Griffin. No pressure on the QB.

The 10th series was the last one the starting O-line played in.

ANd you clearly don't give the Titans D-line any credit. They aren't slouches. In fact, they are actually pretty good.

You and this "traffic cone" crap just shows that you can't be bothered to open your eyes and understand the game.

You're right, CHUMP. YOU didn't say screen play to the left. I DID. Because I wanted to know if you had ANY friggin knowledge or if you are really as clueless as your posts sounds.

I am not a Matt Light apologist. I just happen to actually get my facts in order. Something you clearly can't be bothered to do.

You're opinion is pretty damn uneducated from what I can see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes