PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady vs. Rodgers: Case closed for now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look Brady in terms of history is a no question, Now if we are talking about today and maybe for the next 5 years, then it can go either way, But Rodgers has nothing but time to still grow and get better, while Brady eventually will start regressing, It will happen, it happens to everyone, we just don't know when.......

Rodgers has the ability to scramble, move out of the pocket, and throw a perfect deep pass, but he just doesn't measure up to the leadership and drive that Brady has. Brady is also better at in-game adjustments and moving in the pocket. Rodgers coach doesn't help him either. Rodgers is close; but just not there.

I like Rodgers and maybe someday he will take over the #1 spot but he's got a long way to go.

A new head coach would probably help.

Match-ups. The Seahawks struggled against quicker, more shifty WR's. Nelson and Cobb are fantastic WR's, but their strengths play right into the hands of the Seattle secondary. They also don't have a TE that is going to demand the majority of the defense's attention. Not to mention Rodgers was playing with a handicap in the NFCCG. Still, Brady is still the better QB until proven otherwise.

Rodgers is the media's back up plan for not praising Tom when Manning is sucking extra hard.

He's Mr. Irrelevant in the 4th quarter and Mr Irrelevant when behind. Congrats to him for now having as many playoff wins in Lambeau as Eli Manning

Brady has had the better career and is the GOAT, but Rodgers is the best player in the game right now. Rodgers will have to have an amazing finish to catch Brady for greatest ever, however had he not had v to sit hour as long as he did b it v would likely be closer in terms of career.

Rodgers can have his regular season stats and MVPs, but I'll take Brady's postseason stats, wins, and SBs, any day.

Rodgers has not shown to be very clutch at all.

I think it really comes down to how you regard durability. I think that Rodgers is a better QB when fully healthy, but he has a history of getting banged up as the season goes on. If health is a skill, Brady is pretty much #1 at it.

Rogers is entertaining to watch when not playing the Patriots ... he is my favorite other team QB.

As to the comparison ... well there is none ... Like Deion said ... the monument thing.

I think it really comes down to how you regard durability. I think that Rodgers is a better QB when fully healthy, but he has a history of getting banged up as the season goes on. If health is a skill, Brady is pretty much #1 at it.

Not sure I get this. When has Rogers proven he is the better QB than TB and when has Brady been completely healthy?? He played in two SBs with injuries from what I remember.

Rodgers playoff results are not close to Brady's. Outside of one season when they won it the packets have not fared well at all in the playoffs.
Agreed, Rodgers is a fanatic player but, since 2010 sb he's beaten Vikings with a wide out at QB and the Cowboys with the bs overturned catch (in all fairness though, good job Rodgers could have led them down the field to win it).

Michael Vick probably has the greatest skill set of any QB ever. Speed, and arm strength were incredible. Skill sets mean ****. You play to win, after you're done winning we'll discuss stats for tie breakers.

I'm not even going to talk about their careers bc it's not even closer

I'll talk about right now howver bc it's an argument: I think today Rodgers can do more than brady as an individual usually from a talent standpoint...however Rodgers even today does not win as efficiently as brady and is not as clutch late in a game as brady

So even though he has more talent as a passer who can scramble, the better QB, even today, is brady

I hear Manning is better than TB. OK whatever.
Montana, sure whatever.

Now its Rogers?

Next it will be Eli Manning.

I think our receivers are better than GB in sum total.

Rogers was playing with a torn calf muscle.

Brady is a great QB, the greatest QB of all time. But, we have to be realistic. Rogers is able to do things that Brady is just physically incapable of doing. If Rogers was healthy for that game, the Packers win, and possibly win big. The guy has a cannon for an arm, a quick release, is accurate on the run, and can run with the ball.

Rodgers ankle was fine in week one where he got embarrassed by those overrated seachumps. Rodgers is more talented than Brady, hell even Vick and Wilson are more talented than Brady-- but Brady is just simply better than them. Rodgers is built for the highlight reel, especially when he's playing lesser defenses, Brady is built for winning games, regardless of who he plays. 28 points and 300+ yards on the so called greatest defense in history? Brady scored like 24 on them last time he played them too.

"the guy that wins more super bowls" is an over simplified analysis. We need not go through the litany of mediocre QBs that have won one or multiple SBs and the great QBs that have won one or none to prove that point. Rodgers was hamstrung by a torn calf and, much more than that, by a neutered coach/playcaller. Put Brady with that sorry crew and Rodgers with BB and McDaniels and I promise you, you will get different results. Both are great. Fun to talk about, but there's no real "right" answer to "who's better?"

I could be wrong, but I doubt Belichick has much say as to what goes on offense, Belichick is a defensive genius and his defenses have been suspect since 2009, until now. Brady carried a patchwork of an offense and defense to the SB, just for Welker to drop his pass and Belichick's defense to give Manning a second ring, in both games. They never make the SB with Rodgers, I don't care who's coaching. Brady has played under several different systems, 3 or 4 OCs, at one point I don't believe he even had one, but he still got the job done. Rodgers is no more than Manning with the ability to run. When the game is on the line he still gonna choke it away. When defenses are physical he folds worse than Ray Rice's wife. If we're gonna blame McCarthy for why Rodgers can't win games, then he should get equal credit to why Rodgers is successful statistically.

Even Favre (though bitter) questioned his hype, "[Rodgers] got tremendous talent, he’s very bright, and he got a chance to sit and watch and he saw a successful team do it right. And so he just kind of fell into a good situation. On top of that, he's a good player. I don’t think anyone would question now the talent around him is even better than when I was there. So I’m really surprised that it just kind of took him so long." Greg Jennings even dissed him. You never hear Brady's old QBs or teammates bashing him, even Moss as bitter as he probably was about NE front office, never dissed him. That's because Brady has a quality Rodgers is seriously lacking and that is leadership and the ability to believe in teamwork instead of individual statistical bullcrap for the annual MVP award, Brady believes in rings. If he was determined to be league MVP he would win it every time.

Its no longer fair to compare any quarterback(except Montana..maybe) to Brady.

Last edited:
Rodgers ankle was fine in week one where he got embarrassed by those overrated seachumps. Rodgers is more talented than Brady, hell even Vick and Wilson are more talented than Brady-- but Brady is just simply better than them. Rodgers is built for the highlight reel, especially when he's playing lesser defenses, Brady is built for winning games, regardless of who he plays. 28 points and 300+ yards on the so called greatest defense in history? Brady scored like 24 on them last time he played them too.

I could be wrong, but I doubt Belichick has much say as to what goes on offense, Belichick is a defensive genius and his defenses have been suspect since 2009, until now. Brady carried a patchwork of an offense and defense to the SB, just for Welker to drop his pass and Belichick's defense to give Manning a second ring, in both games. They never make the SB with Rodgers, I don't care who's coaching. Brady has played under several different systems, 3 or 4 OCs, at one point I don't believe he even had one, but he still got the job done. Rodgers is no more than Manning with the ability to run. When the game is on the line he still gonna choke it away. When defenses are physical he folds worse than Ray Rice's wife. If we're gonna blame McCarthy for why Rodgers can't win games, then he should get equal credit to why Rodgers is successful statistically.

Even Favre (though bitter) questioned his hype, "[Rodgers] got tremendous talent, he’s very bright, and he got a chance to sit and watch and he saw a successful team do it right. And so he just kind of fell into a good situation. On top of that, he's a good player. I don’t think anyone would question now the talent around him is even better than when I was there. So I’m really surprised that it just kind of took him so long." Greg Jennings even dissed him. You never hear Brady's old QBs or teammates bashing him, even Moss as bitter as he probably was about NE front office, never dissed him. That's because Brady has a quality Rodgers is seriously lacking and that is leadership and the ability to believe in teamwork instead of individual statistical bullcrap for the annual MVP award, Brady believes in rings. If he was determined to be league MVP he would win it every time.

So Rogers is not allowed to have a bad game?Will you hold Brady's bad games against him? I somehow think you will not.

And Belichick has a lot to say about the offense as well, he is the one who sticks with the offensive philosophy first implemented by Weiss. Heck he meets with Brady every week to talk about the game plan.

I love Brady and am thrilled he is on the team I follow. He is - IMO - the greatest QB to play in the NFL. He is still playing at an exceptional level and is the leader, the SB MVP, and the most important player on the Patriots.

AR is starting to be spoken about as the best QB in the league right now by many. I have no problem with that. He is scary good. Does he seem like a bit of a **** ? Sure. But there is no question he is excellent. I don't think you can say he isn't a winner : he's a SB champion. And he will no doubt win it again someday.

Brady is an alltimer. But AR is just as good as he is right now. We love Brady : but how many WTF INTs did he have this year ? People will dislike/criticize/etc... Both Brady and AR are excellent. And I have no problem with those that make an argument that AR is the best right now.

I'm not even going to talk about their careers bc it's not even closer

I'll talk about right now howver bc it's an argument: I think today Rodgers can do more than brady as an individual usually from a talent standpoint...however Rodgers even today does not win as efficiently as brady and is not as clutch late in a game as brady

So even though he has more talent as a passer who can scramble, the better QB, even today, is brady

You guys seem to be ignoring the most important skillset. The one between the ears.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back