brady pioli had closed door meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
after the game..as per WEEI.. FWIW

What could that possibly mean? Any ideas?:confused:

Attitude adjustment.... Brady didn't look like he wanted to be there last night. He looked like Peyton during the playoffs.

You know, he did kinda look like Peyton in the playoffs. Damn, that is just not right.

I am sure Pioli, like most or all of us, saw what we did. A very dejected looking QB from the start of the game. Pioli probably saw Tom to calm him down, but mostly to tell him that he needs to get this thing on track. It is on Tom now and he needs to move on and immediately.

I don't know if some of you saw the PC with Brady after the game on NFL Network, but when asked about Givens and Branch, Brady was infatic in saying he was very much OVER that situation and was only thinking about working hard with these WR's and TE's....I think that comment could have been a result from Pioli's conversation.

Last edited:
Why is Scott Pioli holding this meeting instead of Bill Belichick?

Shouldn't this be the head coach's responsibilty if they have any

problems with Tom Brady's performance.

His whole body language during the game was that of a loser! How the hell is a team going to believe in their leader if their leader doesn't believe in himself?

Jimke said:
Why is Scott Pioli holding this meeting instead of Bill Belichick?

Shouldn't this be the head coach's responsibilty if they have any

problems with Tom Brady's performance.

It's like in the military...When you really screw up big time, you go see the old man. Maybe Pioli told him he wasn't paying millions for him to publicly mope.

Like I keep saying put yourself in Toms shoes..........they guy takes WAY freakin less on his contract. The front office sticks it up Toms you know what and fail to resign NOT ONE but BOTH his starting WR's then sit on their hands and 10-13 million in cap space. The guy is in a war going against Abraham tanks and they have given Brady rpg's to go into battle with.

Gave the guy a dang 38 special and said suck it up and GO GET EM TOM!

Last edited:
TB could have been telling SP to get him some WRs with the money they've got available (thanks in part to TB taking less money to stay). As an outsider it's easy to sit tight and wait for BB's plan to come to fruition because of the success he's had thusfar, it's another thing to be in the mix and have your livelihood depend on it.

It's obviously speculation, but who's to say TB didn't initiate it?

I'm sorry, but if I'm Tom Brady and Scott Pioli tells me anything like "suck it up, Tom," I tell him to shove it up his ...

He's the best player on the team, maybe the best player in football, he takes less to stay, and then, not only do they take away his two top receivers, but they put all the pressure on him to make it work. He's working *really* hard to try to get all the receivers on the same page. He has to think for the whole damn passing game right now, not only try to anticipate what the defense will do but what his unfamiliar receivers are going to do to. Maybe his body language isn't about any sort of "defeatism," maybe he's just freakin' exhausted mentally.

The Patriots are asking too much of Tom Brady right now without backing him up publicly. Tom deserves a big shout-out from Belichick at his next press conference. Something along the lines of "Tom is working as hard as any football player I've ever had to get everyone on the same page. We sure are lucky to have him as our quarterback."

CTPatsFan said:
TB could have been telling SP to get him some WRs with the money they've got available (thanks in part to TB taking less money to stay).
Brady didn't take much less to stay. Maybe a little but his cap hits are close to Manning's.

My guess is that Pioli told him to get over The Twig and maybe gave him some insight to how negotiations "went".

PlattsFan said:
I'm sorry, but if I'm Tom Brady and Scott Pioli tells me anything like "suck it up, Tom," I tell him to shove it up his ...

He's the best player on the team, maybe the best player in football, he takes less to stay, and then, not only do they take away his two top receivers, but they put all the pressure on him to make it work. He's working *really* hard to try to get all the receivers on the same page. He has to think for the whole damn passing game right now, not only try to anticipate what the defense will do but what his unfamiliar receivers are going to do to. Maybe his body language isn't about any sort of "defeatism," maybe he's just freakin' exhausted mentally.

The Patriots are asking too much of Tom Brady right now without backing him up publicly. Tom deserves a big shout-out from Belichick at his next press conference. Something along the lines of "Tom is working as hard as any football player I've ever had to get everyone on the same page. We sure are lucky to have him as our quarterback."

Help me. Maybe I'm missing something here:

In the last 4 years:

1) First round pick Daniel Graham

2) First round pick Ben Watson

3) First round pick Logan Mankins

4) First round pick Lawrence Maroney

5) Second round steal Chad Jackson

6) Traded second round pick for Corey Dillon

7) Could you tell me who was the first DEFENSIVE player we took in this year's draft?

The problem last night wasn't with receivers. The offense line pass blocked butr couldn't run block. Brady missed to many short passes and didn't connect on any long ones. The defense gave up two easy scores.
This BS about Brady taking less money is just that, he is well paid. Sure, if he wanted to max out like Deion he could get more somewhere else. Whatever his problem is, it shouldn't have any thing to do with the loss of two receivers. He needs to quit pouting and hanging his head and show that toughness and determination he is famous for.

If I was Pioli, I would have met with him to and said "what the f"

it's pioli who should explain himself to tom.

this little session was obviously to give him talking points on how to handle the barrage of Deion questions. tom's been pretty open about things lately and last night he took a more political tact...which was definitely smart. Our media doesn't need any extra fodder, given the amount of b.s. they manufacture on their own as it is.

you really think pioli would make it his job to give tom an "attitude adujustment?"

can we clear up a rampant myth: it's not a lack of TALENT, it's a lack of RAPPORT.

THIS WILL TAKE TIME. Our contingency plans weren't supposed to kick in until next year.

With apologies to Felger, here's the REALITY:

your top-2 speed threats basically walked into the offense two weeks ago...one isn't on the field, the other doesn't know the routes, and your go-to guy is troy brown...and you're playing a defense that is playing pretty well...not sure what you people expect.

it's called a transition.

good news?...we'll make the playoffs.

Pioli is the last person that would attack Tom's demeanor on the field. That is a coaches job. I don't see it being a situation where Pioli called Brady in the office to go over his attitude. I think it is just obvious that Brady and BB/Pioli disagreed on how good Branch was. Brady probably feels alot of things right now, like why didn't they have his back when it came to Branch,I'm sure It will get better with time, but again, all of this should have been factored into the Deion decision.This situation is more dynamic then a player leaving just because he wanted more money. How many Patriot players have to sit there and say in the media that Branch did everything the right way, and was the right kind of player...and such. It's obvious that is there way of second guessing that decision. This is different then the Milloy issue. Tom bounced right back from that. This has lasted 3 weeks now though and we will have to see how much longer!!

p8ryts said:
The problem last night wasn't with receivers. The offense line pass blocked butr couldn't run block. Brady missed to many short passes and didn't connect on any long ones. The defense gave up two easy scores.
This BS about Brady taking less money is just that, he is well paid. Sure, if he wanted to max out like Deion he could get more somewhere else. Whatever his problem is, it shouldn't have any thing to do with the loss of two receivers. He needs to quit pouting and hanging his head and show that toughness and determination he is famous for.

If I was Pioli, I would have met with him to and said "what the f"

Well 10-13 million in cap space and the FO is sitting on their ***** while Brady throws to one over the hill guy and another guy who should be the #4 WR on mostly any other team and you expect him to do something with that? Troy Brown vs. Champ Bailey and Reche Caldwell vs. ANYONE and you expect that to work? What are you smoking man?

Last edited:
you are all crazy. None of you know what the meeting was about, so don't speculate as to what it was...if there was a meeting at all. Denver has an excellent D and they beat us, plain and simple. Lets not throw the front office or Brady under the bus.

The reality is that Brady is the face of the Patriots. Last night we saw pouting, moping, looking at the ground, screaming and whining at the officials.

That's not the leadership he is paid for.

MrTibbs said:
Like I keep saying put yourself in Toms shoes..........they guy takes WAY freakin less on his contract. The front office sticks it up Toms you know what and fail to resign NOT ONE but BOTH his starting WR's then sit on their hands and 10-13 million in cap space. The guy is in a war going against Abraham tanks and they have given Brady rpg's to go into battle with.

You couldn't say it any better! How can anybody complain about the way Brady is playing? You take away his 2 best weapons and you expect miracles. You do absolutely nothing to replace them and sit on all of this money. It's crazy! I would be pissed of too if I was Brady. BB and SP suck! And this dynasty is slowly crumbling right before our eyes. It one thing to let players go for more money once they have reached their peak. It's another thing to let your best YOUNG talent go for nothing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes