PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady & Manning against common opponents

Status
Not open for further replies.
bu..bu but payton is so funny in them commercials, we ha-have to love him.

False, Peytons career rating is better. Notice how you only put down the scewed categories Brady is leading in. Peyton owns just about every other dominant passing category.

Fighting for 2nd place?

I'd like to see the stats side by side, excluding the 98, 99, 2000 and 08 stats... Given Brady didn't play those 4 years. Manning is a great QB, but he's consistently had problems in the post season, where Brady has consistently shined.

Last edited:
We can throw this stuff around all we want, but I think that we're the only ones who listen.

It's a statement of fact that Manning has had every possible advantage in his career, including playing in a dome, having top shelf receivers, and playing in a division with two expansion teams. Not to mention the nonsensical move to the AFC South in the first place, which means that even his outdoor games are going to be warm. I've never seen an explanation for why Miami didn't move to the AFC South, by the way, seeing as they're, I dunno, IN THE SAME STATE AS ANOTHER TEAM IN THE AFC SOUTH.

Indy should have been put in the AFC North with the Steelers, Browns and Bengals. Perfect grouping - West PA, OH and IND.
Balt should have been put in the AFC East with the Jets, Bills and Pats. Mid Atl to NE
Phins to AFC south with Titans, Jags and Texans.

bu..bu but payton is so funny in them commercials, we ha-have to love him.

It takes a true moron to play a moron as well as he does.

I think though, we have to analyze both sets of stats. Regular season consistency is great. But what's the point of doing so well in the regular season, only to fold in the post season?

18-1 for me, would have been more palitable with a loss in the regular season, and a win in the SB...

So by this logic Terry Bradshaw is a better QB than both?

Did Bradshaw have the single greatest season ever for a quarterback? Brady did. Brady has the regular season stats and more importantly the postseason stats. Bradshaw has only postseason stats and Manning has only regular season stats. And that is why Brady is better than Manning.

Did Bradshaw have the single greatest season ever for a quarterback? Brady did. Brady has the regular season stats and more importantly the postseason stats. Bradshaw has only postseason stats and Manning has only regular season stats. And that is why Brady is better than Manning.

Ok stat boy, you Pats fans can't have it both ways. How did Brady end that great statistical season?

Peyton's career stats are all better than Brady's. Even if you take away some of Peyton's to even the games. Bradshaws postseason success is better than Brady's and he has more rings. Therefore Peyton and Bradshaw are better than Brady.

Didn't Brady throw a pic to end their last playoff game against Manning?

Ok, just checking.

If you want the epitome of "choke", look no further than the 2007 AFC Divisional game between the Colts and Chargers. Colts get a first round bye and are at home. They're down late and need a TD to take the lead. With just under 3 minutes to go and set up first and goal at the 9 yard line, "Mr. All World" Manning puts forth the following performance:

1st and 9 at SD 9 (2:51) J.Addai up the middle to SD 7 for 2 yards

2nd and 7 at SD 7 (2:16) (Shotgun) P.Manning pass incomplete short right to J.Addai

3rd and 7 at SD 7 (2:10) (Shotgun) P.Manning pass incomplete short middle to J.Addai

4th and 7 at SD 7 (2:06) (Shotgun) P.Manning pass incomplete short middle to J.Addai

Now THAT'S a choke, dude. 7 yards away from winning the game and Manning can't deliver. No fumbles, no sacks or penalty....nothing. 3 pass attempts and 0 points.

Ok stat boy, you Pats fans can't have it both ways. How did Brady end that great statistical season?

Peyton's career stats are all better than Brady's. Even if you take away some of Peyton's to even the games. Bradshaws postseason success is better than Brady's and he has more rings. Therefore Peyton and Bradshaw are better than Brady.

There is really only 2-3 categories where Peyton is WAY ahead... Passing yards, TD's and interceptions. The rest of them are all relatively equal and close. Moving on from there, the next step is to compare post season stats. Where the ultimate stat is wins, although I'm relatively sure the other stats are also slanted to Brady's favor.

If you look at the picture as a whole, it's slanted to Brady's favor based IMO on overall consistency through the entire season, including the post season. But again, that's not to take away from what Manning does in the regular season. But the overall picture IMHO doesn't point to Manning.

Call me a homer, but, I'm really being fair to both I believe

False, Peytons career rating is better. Notice how you only put down the scewed categories Brady is leading in. Peyton owns just about every other dominant passing category.

Fighting for 2nd place?

Read what I wrote. Brady's career indoor rating is better than Manning's, and his outdoor rating is way better. The reason why Manning's career overall rating is higher is because he plays about four times as many games indoors.

Math.

And skewed? Are yards per attempt a better indicator of success than TD:INT? Do more overall touchdowns trump wins? Compare the stats of the two during the same phases of their careers, by the way. You, especially, will be surprised.

Ok, ****** boy. Brady ended that great statistical season with the defense blowing the lead with seconds left in the superbowl. Brady played better in his superbowl loss than Manning played in his superbowl win.

Peyton's stats appear better because he never deals with the outside elements Brady has to. From September thru November Brady's career passing rating is higher than Manning's. Manning gets to play in comfy indoors in December, while Brady has to play in wind, rain, and snow. Why do you think Manning's career passer rating on the road is so much lower than at home? Brady's career passer rating on the road is actually higher than Manning's.

Bradshaw's playoff passer rating is 83 and Brady's is 88. So I don't know where you get the idea that Bradshaw's stats are better than Brady's in the playoffs.

But, guys, Manning's doing things that no one else, including Jesus, can do.

Ok, ****** boy. Brady ended that great statistical season with the defense blowing the lead with seconds left in the superbowl. Brady played better in his superbowl loss than Manning played in his superbowl win.

Peyton's stats appear better because he never deals with the outside elements Brady has to
. From September thru November Brady's career passing rating is higher than Manning's. Manning gets to play in comfy indoors in December, while Brady has to play in wind, rain, and snow. Why do you think Manning's career passer rating on the road is so much lower than at home? Brady's career passer rating on the road is actually higher than Manning's.

Bradshaw's playoff passer rating is 83 and Brady's is 88. So I don't know where you get the idea that Bradshaw's stats are better than Brady's in the playoffs.

Mods?

Lol where do you come up with this stuff?

Didn't Peyton win the Super Bowl in the rain :rolleyes:

But, guys, Manning's doing things that no one else, including Jesus, can do.

Correct, Jesus was only a carpenter, not a QB.

Last edited:
Mods?

Yes, in that cold, driving Miami rain. He had awesome stats, too.

Please, please say that playing indoors vs. outdoors doesn't impact a QB's performance.

Once you say that, I'll tell you to look at his numbers indoor vs. outdoors.

Mods?

Stats are all found at pro-football-reference.com. It's better to check your facts at that site than make things up as you go along like you do.

Yes, he won the superbowl and put up a stellar 3 tds, 7 ints playoff run while doing it.

What the hell are you guys arguing with Jets fans for? They still believe the "Sanchize" is their savior and will take them to the promise land.

Yes, in that cold, driving Miami rain. He had awesome stats, too.

Please, please say that playing indoors vs. outdoors doesn't impact a QB's performance.

Once you say that, I'll tell you to look at his numbers indoor vs. outdoors.

Every player coming into that dome has the same opportunity to take advantage of the elements. He just does it the best, it doesn't make him any less than the great QB he is.

What the hell are you guys arguing with Jets fans for? They still believe the "Sanchize" is their savior and will take them to the promise land.

These spoiled bratz can't take off the homer goggles. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back