PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady & Manning against common opponents

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok stat boy, you Pats fans can't have it both ways. How did Brady end that great statistical season?

Peyton's career stats are all better than Brady's. Even if you take away some of Peyton's to even the games. Bradshaws postseason success is better than Brady's and he has more rings. Therefore Peyton and Bradshaw are better than Brady.

Hasnt payton played longer than Brady? Soooo, wouldnt that make the careers stats argument much like jets fans....f*cking stupid.

Every player coming into that dome has the same opportunity to take advantage of the elements. He just does it the best, it doesn't make him any less than the great QB he is.

Last time Brady played in Manning's dome: Brady 375 yds, 3 tds, 1 ints, 110.7 rating. Manning 327 yds, 4 tds, 2 ints, 97.4 rating. Brady outplayed Manning for the 9th time in their 11 meetings.

Every player coming into that dome has the same opportunity to take advantage of the elements. He just does it the best, it doesn't make him any less than the great QB he is.

Are you soft?

Brady has taken advantage of those "elements" better than Manning has, he just has had LESS opportunities to do so. How can you not get this through your head?

Hasnt payton played longer than Brady? Soooo, wouldnt that make the careers stats argument much like jets fans....f*cking stupid.

Look at the statistics posted by both quarterbacks in their first seven active seasons, also when Brady's team was earning his championships....

Peyton Manning: 2,464-of-3,880 (63.5%) for 29,460 yards; 216 TD passes, 120 INT's, 213 rushing attempts for 620 rushing yards, 9 rushing TD's, 38 fumbles (13 lost).

Tom Brady: 2,293-of-3,639 (63.0%) for 26,364 yards; 197 TD passes, 86 INT's, 267 rushing attempts for 533 yards, 5 rushing TD's, 65 fumbles (29 lost).

Where do you go from here stupid?

Yeah, a game here and there in a dome is the same as playing a whole career in one.

Last time Brady played in Manning's dome: Brady 375 yds, 3 tds, 1 ints, 110.7 rating. Manning 327 yds, 4 tds, 2 ints, 97.4 rating. Brady outplayed Manning for the 9th time in their 11 meetings.

Who threw the game winning pass?

This just makes me want to play the Colts again. If the defense can be fully healthy and avoid mistakes.....you never know.

I've been saying the same to my friends. I want the Colts before I want SD.

Look at the statistics posted by both quarterbacks in their first seven active seasons, also when Brady's team was earning his championships....

Peyton Manning: 2,464-of-3,880 (63.5%) for 29,460 yards; 216 TD passes, 120 INT's, 213 rushing attempts for 620 rushing yards, 9 rushing TD's, 38 fumbles (13 lost).

Tom Brady: 2,293-of-3,639 (63.0%) for 26,364 yards; 197 TD passes, 86 INT's, 267 rushing attempts for 533 yards, 5 rushing TD's, 65 fumbles (29 lost).

Well considering paytons career has gone on past them seven active seasons, I guess I go from here by saying that Brady has time to catch up and beat manning by time they are both done. Brady has Moss and Welker now, for alteast a few more years most likely...like moss said once "people always wondered what Tom Brady could do if he had weapons like manning, and now we are finding out"...which means Tom Brady, is 100% no argument needed, better than payton manning.

oh,

and that Jets O I saw last night may have been the worst from any team EVER.

Post Season Losses:

Colts:
1999: Peyton's Fault
2000: Peyton's Fault
2002: Peyton's Fault
2003: Peyton's Fault
2004: Peyton's Fault
2005: Peyton's Fault
2007: Defense's Fault
2008: Defense/Peyton's Fault

Patriots:
2005: Brady's Fault
2006: Defense's Fault by far

Two Things I Notice:

The Colts have a giant list of Post-season losses. Peyton is accountable for all of them except 2 (look at the stats in the final games). It was only Brady's fault in the post-season once his whole career.

I'm sorry, what are you arguing??? The completion percentage is virtually identical. Manning has a slight edge in yardage (which is by far the least important statistic), Brady has a better TD/INT ratio, while Manning fumbled less. These numbers show a virtual statistical dead heat, yet Manning indisputably had far better weapons during this time, and played in a dome to boot. I don't see the point in arguing - they're both great and I'm happy to leave it at that, but these numbers are just not supportive of your argument.

Who threw the game winning pass?

The refs threw the game winning flag...like they always do when the colts are in trouble in big games.

Post Season Losses:

Colts:
1999: Peyton's Fault
2000: Peyton's Fault
2002: Peyton's Fault
2003: Peyton's Fault
2004: Peyton's Fault
2005: Peyton's Fault
2008: Defense/Peyton's Fault

Patriots:
2005: Brady's Fault
2006: Defense's Fault by far

Two Things I Notice:

The Colts have a giant list of Post-season losses. Peyton is accountable for all of them except 2 (look at the stats in the final games). It was only Brady's fault in the post-season once his whole career.

2007 Was not on the Defense...

Yeah, a game here and there in a dome is the same as playing a whole career in one.

Are you soft?

Brady has taken advantage of those "elements" better than Manning has, he just has had LESS opportunities to do so. How can you not get this through your head?

Peyton Mannings stats in 2009 Home vs. Away:

.......comp att yds comp% ypc long TD int sack RATING
Home 210 321 2328 65.4 7.25 40 13 8 7.0 89.9
Away 169 232 2077 72.8 8.95 80 20 7 3.0 116.3

Last edited:
I'm sorry, what are you arguing??? The completion percentage is virtually identical. Manning has a slight edge in yardage (which is by far the least important statistic), Brady has a better TD/INT ratio, while Manning fumbled less. These numbers show a virtual statistical dead heat, yet Manning indisputably had far better weapons during this time, and played in a dome to boot. I don't see the point in arguing - they're both great and I'm happy to leave it at that, but these numbers are just not supportive of your argument.

In five out of those seven seasons, Manning had the higher completion percentage.

In five of the seven seasons, Manning passed for more yards.

In five of the seven seasons, Manning threw more touchdowns.

In four out of the seven seasons, Manning threw less interceptions.

In five out of the seven seasons, Manning fumbled less (once they were tied).

In five out of the seven seasons, Manning had the higher quarterback rating.

Last edited:
5 Minutes left, O-line getting destroyed all night. Brady drives 80 yards TD 2 minutes left.

Hmmmm....?
And the D whiffs on at least two plays that would have ended the game afterward...

clark-web.jpg

small_tyree.jpg

Take away these two and Brady has 5 rings. O well..

Well considering paytons career has gone on past them seven active seasons, I guess I go from here by saying that Brady has time to catch up and beat manning by time they are both done. Brady has Moss and Welker now, for alteast a few more years most likely...like moss said once "people always wondered what Tom Brady could do if he had weapons like manning, and now we are finding out"...which means Tom Brady, is 100% no argument needed, better than payton manning.

oh,

and that Jets O I saw last night may have been the worst from any team EVER.

Ok, I'll mark this under the W column for now. But just remember Brady is only 1 year younger than Peyton and Brady altough had done nicely is coming off a knee injury. And for the time being the Colts team is better than the Patriots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye