PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady, Mankins & Mayo make First All-Pro Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ By looking at that stat, imo Timmons seems to be the better linebacker of that group.

I'd say that Timmons and Urlacher both had great years.

You must be trying to be sarcastic here.......really? Mayo blew everyone away in tackles and was a beast out there. Urlacher had good yr....Mayo was better!

Seriously? This is sarcasm by you, I hope. I thought I just provided some evidence to how vastly overrated tackles are. Mayo is a good player, but to put him over Timmons and Urlacher would be silly for this year. I'd trade all of those extra tackles for run stuffs, passes defended and interception(s), categories that Mayo was not only bested on but his production was 1/2 or less.

Complete AP All-Pro voting list revealed

The AFC South in All-Pro voting - AFC South Blog - ESPN

Here's how the Pats fared:

QB: TFB.

Tackles (2 votes/voter): Vollmer finished 4th overall with 7 votes. Matt Light got 1 vote.

Guards (2 votes/voter): Mankins finished 2nd with 15 votes.

Tight end (1 vote/voter): GRONK got one vote. [In other words, one voter felt that young GRONK was the best TE in the entire NFL.]

ILB (2 votes/voter): Mayo finished 2nd with 21 votes.

CB (2 votes/voter): It was a lot closer than you might think. Asomugha finished first with 20 votes, Revis was second with 19, and McCourty was third with 17.

DT (2 votes/voter): Haloti Ngata got 45 votes, Suh got 30, and Wilfork got 15. OTOH, Wilfork also got a vote at defensive end! :eek:

Last edited:
Re: Complete AP All-Pro voting list revealed

Good to see some players getting recognition. Wilfork probably deserves more but I'd put that down to him playing a position that doesn't command a lot of stats or highlight tape but is of vital importance none the less

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back