PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady, in the MVP race?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matt Cassel is quietly entering the picture as an MVP candidate, while Manning and Rivers struggled today.

How.....

Chiefs are leading their division (8-4) while the Chargers and Colts are even at 6-6.

23.... number of TDs by both Tom Brady and Matt Cassel; Drew Brees leads with 25 TDs, but has 14 INTs.

4..... number of INTs thrown by both Tom Brady and Matt Cassel.

Granted...

This is just the tip of the iceberg for Cassel who, by the pure definition, is a darkhorse candidate for MVP.

Also...

Keep an eye on Arian Foster who IS the offense for the Texans this season, who are right behind the Jags for first in their division.

As well as...

Peyton Hillis is put the Browns on his back and carried them to victories over teams that they had no business contending with.

I don't know. Especially earlier in the season, the Chiefs were winning on defense and on the ground.

Last edited:
with rivers struggling today, you gotta think that brady is in the driver's seat for MVP. It's really a two horse race at this point. SD may not even make the playoffs which definitely hurts Rivers' chances.

I would much rather have Brady win Super Bowl MVP :D

I would much rather have Brady win Super Bowl MVP :D

I would much rather have Brady win BOTH. :D

That said, I wouldn't mind Cassel as regular season MVP, and Brady as Super Bowl MVP. ;)

I would much rather have Brady win BOTH. :D

That said, I wouldn't mind Cassel as regular season MVP, and Brady as Super Bowl MVP. ;)

Obviously I would love for that to happen. The main reason I want him to win the Super Bowl MVP is because of the implications it would have on the Patriots' season.

Obviously I would love for that to happen. The main reason I want him to win the Super Bowl MVP is because of the implications it would have on the Patriots' season.

has the SB MVP ever played for the losing team?

has the SB MVP ever played for the losing team?
According to Wikipedia:

"The MVP has come from the winning team every year except 1971, when Dallas Cowboys linebacker Chuck Howley won the award despite the Cowboys' loss in Super Bowl V to the Baltimore Colts."

So if Brady wins the SB MVP, I'll like our chances...

with what happened to the chargers today, the mvp race is over

brady won

a dog killer won't get votes

i doubt. the vick bandwagon is gaining momentum

According to Wikipedia:

"The MVP has come from the winning team every year except 1971, when Dallas Cowboys linebacker Chuck Howley won the award despite the Cowboys' loss in Super Bowl V to the Baltimore Colts."

So if Brady wins the SB MVP, I'll like our chances...

So are you telling us you like our chances? Sorry couldn't resist :p

with what happened to the chargers today, the mvp race is over

brady won

a dog killer won't get votes

I agree, not even the dog killing but he is having a fluke season and still sucks for the most part.

I agree, not even the dog killing but he is having a fluke season and still sucks for the most part.

The biggest problem is that he missed a few games. I'm fairly sure that the only time a player won the MVP without playing most or all games was Montana during the strike season. Unless Brady screws the pooch in these last few games, he should get it, or the voters are doing their best to keep it from him.

Last edited:
The biggest problem is that he missed a few games. I'm fairly sure that the only time a player won the MVP without playing most or all games was Montana during the strike season. Unless Brady screws the pooch in these last few games, he should get it, or the voters are doing their best to keep it from him.

i agree with you obviously i just have a feeling he won't... no on is talking about him in the mainstream media (that i've heard) as a MVP candidate... if payton was hiving this type of season (as he was up until 3 weeks ago) all you could hear was "could this be yet another mvp season for peyton... peyton proving again why he is number 1"

it is really starting to get to me

Or Matt Cassel throws for 25 TDs in the next four weeks or something. ;)

America loves to rip people apart and then rebuild them to make a great drama story. I think the turn around Vick has had football wise has been nothing short of extrodinary. However, I don't think missing 3 games merits an MVP trophy unless he can top the rest of the QB's statistics or win total.

There were a lot of fans that weren't happy to see Josh Hamilton win the MVP award because he had missed significant time with injury. But a lot of writers liked the turn around in Josh's life(which really is a great story anytime anyone can get kick drug and alchohol addiction} which some felt greatly attributed to his winning the award.

America loves to rip people apart and then rebuild them to make a great drama story. I think the turn around Vick has had football wise has been nothing short of extrodinary. However, I don't think missing 3 games merits an MVP trophy unless he can top the rest of the QB's statistics or win total.

There were a lot of fans that weren't happy to see Josh Hamilton win the MVP award because he had missed significant time with injury. But a lot of writers liked the turn around in Josh's life(which really is a great story anytime anyone can get kick drug and alchohol addiction} which some felt greatly attributed to his winning the award.

I think there is a big difference between Hamilton's drug and alcohol problem's and Vick's dog-fighting. Hamilton overcame what is essentially an "illness" to become one of the best players in the MLB. Vick spent time in jail for fighting and brutalizing dogs. Hamilton actually had to overcome something, Vick spent some time in jail, got out, signed with a team and had to prove himself again.

Hamilton hurt himself more than anyone else and overcame that, Vick participated in some wicked things and tortured dogs.

Last edited:
I think there is a big difference between Hamilton's drug and alcohol problem's and Vick's dog-fighting. Hamilton overcame what is essentially an "illness" to become one of the best players in the MLB. Vick spent time in jail for fighting and brutalizing dogs. Hamilton actually had to overcome something, Vick spent some time in jail, got out, signed with a team and had to prove himself again.

Hamilton hurt himself more than anyone else and overcame that, Vick participated in some wicked things and tortured dogs.

Agreed, the things Vick did were monsterous. But I was thinking more along the lines of some of the media pr are trying to portray a new image to the public which unfortunatley some of have hook, lined and sinkered already.

Watch out for Brady haters to break out the "system quarterback" argument that's been on the shelf for a few years now. Typically when Brady blatantly surpasses their quarterback, especially Manning, you're going to hear that anyone could be successful in the Patriots system. This season two things are happening that will add a new dynamic to the Brady vs. Manning argument. 1. Brady is getting close to surpassing Manning's career QB rating. 2. The haters' argument is getting thin that Manning could lead any team in the NFL, regardless of talent, to an elite level.

System QB is thrown around a lot during the peaks of Brady's greatness. Be thankful that it's back.

As of today Brady should be the MVP. He not only has great numbers he is an amazing leader and makes everyone around him better.

I just love that the argument went from "Peyton Manning is the GOAT, just look at him getting it done with a bunch of no name receivers!" to "Peyton Manning is the GOAT, but how can you expect him to get it done with a bunch of no name receivers?".

Either way, he wins.

I just love that the argument went from "Peyton Manning is the GOAT, just look at him getting it done with a bunch of no name receivers!" to "Peyton Manning is the GOAT, but how can you expect him to get it done with a bunch of no name receivers?".

Either way, he wins.

Yeah, can't expect him to avoid throwing picks with Reggie Wayne and Pierre Garçon on his team.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3