PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady: I plan to play for another decade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Brady did infact state it and whether he plays 10 yrs or not It shows how much he STILL has'da hunger and drive to WIN. In this day and age when maybe other QBs/players might pack it in and play through'da motions and be satisfied with accomplishments, It's amazing to see Brady's commitment to Work even HARDER to get back from injuries, come back and KICK AZZ, FIRE UP his team mates on field and on sidelines. Way he plays and conducts himself on/off field, I wouldn't be surprised if Brady does or comes close to it.

As long as Giselle doesn't throw him over for a younger, taller almost able to see over the OTs QB, Tom will deal with this just fine.

Like it or not, Brady is in the twilight of his career. All good things come to an end; enjoy it while it lasts.

I love BB. He's too much. I saw him on the NFL Network being asked about Mallet. He answered that " We'll throw him in there with Hoyer and Crompton and Brady and let them all compete and we'll see where it shakes out."

You got that Tom ?

More: Mallett plunges to the Pats in round three | ProFootballTalk

Then there's this BB gem:

On whether he prefers Cannon as a guard or tackle: ”With all these players, once we get them and get a chance to work with them, we’ll look at their skill sets and put them in different positions. We move people around quite a bit anyway in our offense and defensive systems, so we’ll see how it all works out. I’m not sure exactly what’s best for anybody. I assume we’ll play [Ryan] Mallett at quarterback, but the rest of them, we’ll see how it goes.”

This is a great example of the press creating a story where there isn't one. It is laughable to me that last years MVP quarterback would be hearing any footsteps from some recently drafted rookie.

I'm sure Tom recognizes that his career isn't going to last forever regardless of who else is on the roster but as far as feeling pressured by a draft choice, well, that borders on hilarious.

Agreed. To the extent that we can read messages into anything that BB does, to me the first message of this Draft was that the Patriots want to extend Brady's productive years as much as possible.

What did they do with their first pick? Bolster Brady's protection.

What did they do with two of their next three picks? Bolster the Running Game to give the Offense more options and potentially reduce the number of times he has to stand there and take a hit.

What did they do right after they picked Mallett? Bolster the line again with another OT and a big TE.

That says to me that Priorities One, Two and Three for BB on Offense are to be sure that Tom Brady is as productive as possible and has all the opportunities he can for the length of his current contract.

After that? Who knows?

The math says that 38 is the "Saynonara Age" for most great QB's in the SB era. Will it be for Brady? Should it be for Brady?

There's no way of knowing that.

Anyone who says they know for sure that TB will be like Favre and play at a high level until 40 or that Brady will be like most other great QB's and begin to show the impact of his years and a decade of hard hits after he passes 35, doesn't know what s/he is talking about.

We simply have to wait and see.

In the meantime, until he gets a better idea over the next couple of years of what is going to happen, Belichick is trying to walk the line between identifying a possible but by no means obvious successor, having a credible replacement in the event of sudden injury and creating tradeable assets among his backups.

I think he's doing a pretty damn good job, given the uncertainties and risks involved.

I understand Brady is coming to an end and I and accept that but I don't think I could stand to see him suit up for a different team....it would kill me :(

Last edited:
If Brady did infact state it and whether he plays 10 yrs or not It shows how much he STILL has'da hunger and drive to WIN. In this day and age when maybe other QBs/players might pack it in and play through'da motions and be satisfied with accomplishments, It's amazing to see Brady's commitment to Work even HARDER to get back from injuries, come back and KICK AZZ, FIRE UP his team mates on field and on sidelines. Way he plays and conducts himself on/off field, I wouldn't be surprised if Brady does or comes close to it.

I would settle for him to just show up at the offseason workout program with the rest of the team one of these years. How about winning back that old parking spot you gave up years ago Tom?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft