PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady Helping Celtics Recruit Kevin Durant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every teams' fanbase(other than GS) is hating hard on this move and I have no clue why. Honestly, if the Patriots signed JJ Watt, Antonio Brown, Luke Kuechly overnight I would love it and wouldn't give a damn what the other fans thought. Obviously in the NFL you can't form super teams , but either way I do not understand all the hate for Durant the guy wants a ring. The season hasn't even started either. GS might actually be weaker as well seeing how they're gonna have to diminish their bench to some degree.

The main difference is the sport. Basketball is a star driven sport. Football you need 45 players. Basketball you can only succeed with a massive star. Apples to oranges.

Championships are one thing but cementing a legacy is another. If Butler takes more money to go somewhere else he'll regret it for the rest of his life. If he stays in NE he's a hero for forever. Until he dies he'll get recognized walking down the street or, at least, as he ages when people learn his name. Fathers will want their daughters to date him, people will want him to pitch stuff, bored middle-aged ****olds will want him to screw their chubby wives.

Yeah everyone in the NBA at Durant's level is going to be famous - but to be beloved by an entire region for the rest of his life in a way that only Boston does? A ring is worth less than that.

************ people still get in fist fights over Ted Williams back home and that guy is chilling in the head freezer next to Walt Disney.
Lol they are already burning his jersey in OKC. His legacy is trashed.

I'm not even that salty cause I could take or leave the Celtics. But I understand either maximizing earnings or going somewhere you'll be worshipped a lot more than I understand going somewhere to ride someone else's coattails to get a championship for which you'll only be a footnote in history.

I'm not even that salty cause I could take or leave the Celtics. But I understand either maximizing earnings or going somewhere you'll be worshipped a lot more than I understand going somewhere to ride someone else's coattails to get a championship for which you'll only be a footnote in history.

I agree.

Staying in OKC, Boston or Washington (his hometown) should have been his choices.

I like KD but im disappointed. Thats the issue that league has though. A city like Boston thats passionate about its teams, plus the Celtics who besides the Yankees are the most storied team in American sports should be an ideal destination for any player.

But they hate Boston winters and the nightclubs here close early. Thats more important to them. Its a shame really.

The NBA sucks.

If they dominate the league and win 5 chips nobody will care looking back. Larry played with 3 hall of Famers. Magic played with sick talent. Never mind Russell's Celtics teams. But if they win one or two, I agree history will not smile upon him. Then again, he is not good enough to win on his own, so might as well try to get those rings

I agree.

Staying in OKC, Boston or Washington (his hometown) should have been his choices.

I like KD but im disappointed. Thats the issue that league has though. A city like Boston thats passionate about its teams, plus the Celtics who besides the Yankees are the most storied team in American sports should be an ideal destination for any player.

But they hate Boston winters and the nightclubs here close early. Thats more important to them. Its a shame really.

The NBA sucks.

I can't imagine a worse hell for a young black star than Boston. Still, they got Horford and came close to KD. Shows how great what they are building is.

Edit: Al is older and married to a Miss Universe, so different set of circumstances.

Pretty much totally agree. A team comes back from 3 to 1 down and breaks your heart, so the next year you say, "hey guys, can I play with you?" It's actually kind of embarrassing.

I will say this...sports are weird and hard to predict. A team wins 73 games and add another great player, so they win 80 now, right? Hmmm...we will see.

Already envisioning the headlines: "how did the Warriors blow it?"

If they dominate the league and win 5 chips nobody will care looking back. Larry played with 3 hall of Famers. Magic played with sick talent. Never mind Russell's Celtics teams. But if they win one or two, I agree history will not smile upon him. Then again, he is not good enough to win on his own, so might as well try to get those rings

LeBron going to play with DWade would be a similar situation, right? I think, if anything, his legacy in Cleveland required him to win a championship to overcome that before he'd find himself immortalized.

To your other point, though, I think it actually backs up what I'm saying. When people think of the 80s Cs they think of Bird first. We all loved Ainge, KJ, McHale, Parrish but it was Bird's team.

Durant had a chance to be the next Bird. Instead he's gonna be more like GSW's Bill Walton.

Pretty much totally agree. A team comes back from 3 to 1 down and breaks your heart, so the next year you say, "hey guys, can I play with you?" It's actually kind of embarrassing.

I will say this...sports are weird and hard to predict. A team wins 73 games and add another great player, so they win 80 now, right? Hmmm...we will see.

Already envisioning the headlines: "how did the Warriors blow it?"

How many Dream Teams have we seen absolutely **** the bed relative to expectations? I actually expect them not to win a championship next year.

I can't imagine a worse hell for a young black star than Boston. Still, they got Horford and came close to KD. Shows how great what they are building is.

Edit: Al is older and married to a Miss Universe, so different set of circumstances.

Why is Boston a hell for black stars?

The Patriots dont seem to have an issue picking up players.

Why is Boston a hell for black stars?

Boston sucks but in an equal opportunity way. New England would be about 200x better if it fell into the water, but Boston is color blind when it comes to worshipping sports stars so I have no idea what he means.

He says from 1952...

My post had nothing to do with the perception of some that Boston is a racist city. Boston has no hip hop or strip club scene, or even real club scene. It has terrible weather. black stars in other industries don't live there. The girls are not in the same league as Miami, Atlanta or LA. What's for a single black man to like again?

LeBron going to play with DWade would be a similar situation, right? I think, if anything, his legacy in Cleveland required him to win a championship to overcome that before he'd find himself immortalized.

To your other point, though, I think it actually backs up what I'm saying. When people think of the 80s Cs they think of Bird first. We all loved Ainge, KJ, McHale, Parrish but it was Bird's team.

Durant had a chance to be the next Bird. Instead he's gonna be more like GSW's Bill Walton.

Not even close. KD is 27 while Walton was 34. KD has had some injury issues but unless things go totally **** up I don't see him playing sixth man level minutes.

My post had nothing to do with the perception of some that Boston is a racist city. Boston has no hip hop or strip club scene, or even real club scene. It has terrible weather. black stars in other industries don't live there. The girls are not in the same league as Miami, Atlanta or LA. What's for a single black man to like again?
If you were referring to the weather, night life and pretty girls, what does the black part have to do with it?

Not even close. KD is 27 while Walton was 34. KD has had some injury issues but unless things go totally **** up I don't see him playing sixth man level minutes.

I meant more as a guy who joined after the championship team was already built who is pretty much a footnote in the area. Not how much Durant will contribute.

You really are a professional troll. Oh, and seemingly a bigot to boot. You aren't doing anything here other than intentionally offending people and just pissing them off. Until now, I just thought that you were a contrarian with viewpoints that, while a little off-kilter, had some merit. Not any more. You've been exposed, sport.

Last edited:
I meant more as a guy who joined after the championship team was already built who is pretty much a footnote in the area. Not how much Durant will contribute.

I disagree. Durant is too big of a star smack dab in his prime to be a footnote in a potential Warriors championship.

• Agree
Reactions: TBR

Yeah LeBron sure showed the world by going back to Cleveland and playing with a crappy roster of three #1 overall picks (one ended up being a bust, one traded for Kyle Love) and a #4 overall pick.

Seriously, though, LeBron is a genius. He leaves his hometown team and now they suck for four years and amass assets. Meanwhile he's in Miami, with two other all stars collecting Larry O'Briens, only to come back after all those assets are ready to be cashed in. Sheer brilliance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3