PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady could see up to 1 year suspension?? WTF

Status
Not open for further replies.
So `part of you` wants our 4 time Superbowl champion GOAT quarterback to get SUSPENDED WRONGLY so you can see whats-his-face play quarterback?

TROLL
I'm not a troll--I've been a fan since 1978. People can have differing opinions. A troll would certainly not want to see the Pats win, right?

imagine when jimmy g goes and annihilates the steelers

the rest of the league is gonna feel so helpless when they know that patriot dominance is just gonna continue after brady

its gonna be awesome

They are not concerned about the Patriots dominance as much as they are Brady's dominance and legacy. Garrapolo succeeds and those chumps in the media will go on brainwashing non-Patriot fans that Brady was no more than a "system QB" while Manning was the greatest that ever did it. BS!

im on record as being primarily a BB fan

at least im honest

you didnt answer my question.....but no bother......the answer is obvious

wait a minute....you're trying to tell me you're NOT Shannon Sharpe,
james87654?

I care more about Belichick and Brady than I do about the Patriots organization, and I don't see why that would be a problem. Those two are the main guys responsible for about 98% of my good experiences as a Pats fan.

It is you... Why did you change your avatar to nothing? Are you ashamed my friend?
the female members complained about it being too distracting

They are not concerned about the Patriots dominance as much as they are Brady's dominance and legacy. Garrapolo succeeds and those chumps in the media will go on brainwashing non-Patriot fans that Brady was no more than a "system QB" while Manning was the greatest that ever did it. BS!

Anybody who would say that proves Brady was just a system QB obviously was either hopelessly prejudiced, or didn't know football very well. I am sure having a system helped him (compare Steve Young with the Buccaneers to Young with the 49ers, though he also learned behind Montana), but the fact is, we would still want the Pats to win after Brady is gone. For that matter, look at Favre and Rogers (and no, I am not saying either is as good as Brady). No one says their back to back success was based on a system (though granted, there have been some different coaches during their times). So, if the only way to preserve Brady's legacy after he is gone is to lose, well, that doesn't feel like something to hope for either.

The way I see it, I don't want Brady suspended, but those who are going to hate will hate him even more if he isn't suspended. So, IF a suspension was going to happen, it would at least be nice to see us get some payback with Garoppolo.

I'm more of a Brady fan than a Patriots fan, I won't lie about that, but I love the Pats too. But this case is another example of why I'll be done with the league once Brady retires because it is now officially a joke.

I've avoided ESPN and most of the mainstream media the last couple of days, but the stuff I have seen or listened to is just crazy. I heard Ross Tucker this morning saying he thinks the league needs to come down hard as deterrent, so teams will know they can't do things like this any more. I'm pretty sure Tucker didn't make similar comments about the Falcons and Jets punishments. Letting them off lightly was okay, apparently, but now, the league needs to get serious.

I also saw a clip of Marcellus Wiley on some news show saying an 8 game suspension is appropriate. Beating your wife or girlfriend is 6 games. Earning your first strike in the substance abuse/PED program is 4 games. How does someone taking 1 PSI out of a football warrant 8 games, especially if they have no definitive proof that happened or Brady ordered that to happen.

The maddening part is these people who are stamping their feet about integrity and the sanctity of the game and demanding suspensions will changer their tune in the future. Within the next year, some players, coaches and teams will violate league rules. Some will be minor, but others will be pretty serious. All these people demanding swift justice and heavy penalties now will shrug their shoulders and say it's not a big deal, because it's a team or player they like or a coach who's media friendly.

I care more about Belichick and Brady than I do about the Patriots organization, and I don't see why that would be a problem. Those two are the main guys responsible for about 98% of my good experiences as a Pats fan.

Well, if this were totally true, would you pull for them against the Patriots if they (Heaven forbid) ended up on a different team than the pats? I would root for them against everybody but the pats, but not against the pats (unless perhaps they really got burned by the ownership or something). I admit it will never feel the same after they are gone, but I rooted for them before they were there and I'd root for them after, especially if Kraft was the owner.

I'm more of a Brady fan than a Patriots fan, I won't lie about that, but I love the Pats too. But this case is another example of why I'll be done with the league once Brady retires because it is now officially a joke.

Well, I won't disagree with you that it has gone down hill under Goodell. It almost has that early 2000s/late 90s NBA feel to it. But I am hoping the next commish can pull things together. Goodell has been underwhelming, to say the least.

Well, I won't disagree with you that it has gone down hill under Goodell. It almost has that early 2000s/late 90s NBA feel to it. But I am hoping the next commish can pull things together. Goodell has been underwhelming, to say the least.
What's scary is who knows when that is going to happen. :(

Anybody who would say that proves Brady was just a system QB obviously was either hopelessly prejudiced, or didn't know football very well. I am sure having a system helped him (compare Steve Young with the Buccaneers to Young with the 49ers, though he also learned behind Montana), but the fact is, we would still want the Pats to win after Brady is gone. For that matter, look at Favre and Rogers (and no, I am not saying either is as good as Brady). No one says their back to back success was based on a system (though granted, there have been some different coaches during their times). So, if the only way to preserve Brady's legacy after he is gone is to lose, well, that doesn't feel like something to hope for either.

The way I see it, I don't want Brady suspended, but those who are going to hate will hate him even more if he isn't suspended. So, IF a suspension was going to happen, it would at least be nice to see us get some payback with Garoppolo.

They know football, they just hate Brady. Favre, Montana and those guys are nowhere near hated or envied as much as Tom Brady is by non-Patriot fans and hasbeens in the media. Brady misses a season to injury and Cassell comes out on one of the easiest schedules in the league, with a loaded team and wins 11 games. Every hater and the same chumps calling Brady a cheater now, rushed to the "Brady is a system QB" BS assumption. They have done everything to tarnish his legacy and look over his success in favor of the Mannings or Rodgers. You are insane to believe that if Jimmy G goes out there and carries this team to 11-12 wins, that they won't dismiss Brady as a system QB, who would've failed without Belichick and his system or Spygate and now Deflategate.

Well, if this were totally true, would you pull for them against the Patriots if they (Heaven forbid) ended up on a different team than the pats? I would root for them against everybody but the pats, but not against the pats (unless perhaps they really got burned by the ownership or something). I admit it will never feel the same after they are gone, but I rooted for them before they were there and I'd root for them after, especially if Kraft was the owner.
Hypothetically if Tom and Bill both left that would indicate something seriously wrong happened in relation to the Pats ownership. Then yes I would absolutely root for Tom Brady and Bill Belichick against the Patriots.

I must be bored tonight to be entertaining these thoughts...

They know football, they just hate Brady. Favre, Montana and those guys are nowhere near hated or envied as much as Tom Brady is by non-Patriot fans and hasbeens in the media. Brady misses a season to injury and Cassell comes out on one of the easiest schedules in the league, with a loaded team and wins 11 games. Every hater and the same chumps calling Brady a cheater now, rushed to the "Brady is a system QB" BS assumption. They have done everything to tarnish his legacy and look over his success in favor of the Mannings or Rodgers. You are insane to believe that if Jimmy G goes out there and carries this team to 11-12 wins, that they won't dismiss Brady as a system QB, who would've failed without Belichick and his system.

I did say if Brady was suspended for one or two games. I don't think they'd win 11 or 12 the first year with Garoppolo (though they did win 11 with Cassel), but they might not win 11 or 12 even if Brady plays every game next year. The division is getting tougher (not that it could get much weaker). Favre wasn't hated as much because he didn't win as much, though his retirement-non retirement routine was starting to wear on people. Montana---well, that's a tougher one. But I think if they were playing today, he might have been as hated (though the fact Brady has a model wife adds to the hate too--plus to tuck rule, which is stupid to hold against him). I grew up hating the Cowboys largely because they were perennially good. But the question still remains--do you think the haters are going to hate brady less if he isn't suspended?

Once again, if the only way to prevent him from being seen as a "system QB" is for them to lose after he is gone, well, I'm not going to hope for them to lose. I continue to think the people who are that stupid will hate him no matter what, and just chalk them up to being ignoramuses. I still insist that anyone who would actually believe that doesn't know football very well--systems don't explain one making game winning drive after game winning drive, or clutch throw after clutch throw. One still has to execute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes